CONFRONTATION 12.3
27 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was falling into place, all the scattered pieces slowly painting a clear picture. Dr Nolhan was a respectable man, devoted to his profession, his work ethics immaculate. His specialized field was that of pediatrics, his long and invaluable years in the employ of Raccoon General Hospital, earning him a spot as head of the department. And he was the only colleague she truly trusted.

"I've been part of the senior staff since the hospital's construction back in 1992-" She resumed. "And not until right up to the beginning of this year, did I start noticing major changes: new faces, questionable activities, and an increase in money and resources poured into our virology branch... and things got a lot worse when all those deaths started popping out... the increase in sick people... I knew Umbrella was involved- you can learn a lot if you just listen... walls have ears, and if you play your cards well-" She paused again, and scribbled a few more things. He was a smart man, observant and quick-witted; whatever course of action he chose to take, she knew he had gauged all of his options before acting.

"Ruben- a nine-year-old boy with a rare blood disease, was put into our care last November- Anaka being in charge of his case..." She felt a pinch in her heart. "The first few months, he was under normal treatment... but around mid-February, some procedures were changed, new medication was involved, and closer monitoring became highly suspicious... Anaka was quick to notice- smart girl who really cares for the boy..." Her fists clenched. "She still went along with the treatment, never suspecting what would soon come... on June 1, he was transferred to Oaksford Miles Hospital, his blood disease highly compatible with T-Virus research- as if immune to any viral agent... I knew that... but I went along with it, knowing he would be cared for..." She paused, his words feeling like blades piercing through her chest.

Have I... have I been wrong about Dr Nolhan..? Doubts stormed in her mind. She held a quivering finger on the play button, hesitancy plaguing her thoughts, as she feared what would follow. A few moments passed, before eventually resuming the recording.

"Dr Ethan, Dr Jones and Dr Evers all had a hand in his transfer- Dr Evers being the most involved, and the one who started side clinical trials at the water treatment plant... grabbing people off the street - teens mainly - and subjecting them to a bunch of tests... research into Bio Organic Weapons they called it..." Billy's expression frowned, his jaw tightened. "Mika and Raphael - two kids Anaka knew well - were part of this... and I knew they would've died one way or another... so I stayed out of it... I had to play along, so that I could keep Ruben safe..." This time, he was the one pausing, as he noticed her strained breathing.

"Hey..." He turned to her. She closed her eyes, took a deep breathe, and resumed the recording.

"I had to keep him safe... until I could find a way to free him from all this..." A clicking sound was heard, followed by a few seconds of silence.

"This is Dr Wilbert Nolhan- July 26 1998-" The voice resumed. "I left for Stoneville three days ago- my façade finally began to crack... Dr Jones and Dr Evers have been keeping a close watch on me, since my first recording... it wasn't easy getting here- but I took my chances... by that point, I knew Anaka would come here too, so I leaked some crucial leads, and put my trust in her ability to see things through... I couldn't risk getting in touch with her directly, as much as it pained me to leave her in the dark like that..." Her prior doubts were quickly dissolved. "Despite the hospital's closedown, I managed to get in, and found a safe place to put my plan into action... I now know exactly where Ruben is being held, and how to get him out without being seen... all I need... is a perfectly timed distraction... god forgive me for this-" His voice switched to mumbling, and another clicking sound was heard, followed by a pause. "July 27 1998- distraction successful... leaving with Ruben... Mavens Falls." This was the end of the recording, and the overload of information.

Both remained in silence, as they processed everything. A few things remained unclear, but she found absolute relief, knowing that Ruben was safe. She walked to the computer, and inserted the disk.

"..." Her eyes narrowed; it contained about sixty folders, each one beginning with clsUMB. She clicked on the first one; over a hundred pictures opened up. "These are all..!"

"Experiments... B.O.W created for some fucked up reason-" He commented. He had seen his share of insanity, but its reach extended far beyond his original thought.

"God... what- is this..!?" Her eyes widened.

"I... fought that... if it's the same one-" His features creased, as he recollected his encounter with the monstrosity. "Proto-Tyrant..." He read the name.

"What did you say..!?" She thought she heard wrong. He winced in reply. "That... can't be- how did Umbrella even managed to create..!?" She took a few steps back; her arms across her chest, fright and repulsion causing her body to quiver. There was a silence, followed by a sudden quake.

 

9