Chapter 3- Curiosity
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yue opened her eyes. They instantly shone with a blood red colour. She felt very uncomfortable she felt her fangs in her mouth. She froze, quickly holding her hands to her face. Her sharp nails reflected in her eyes. She felt those black wings she hadn’t revealed in a long time.

 

“No cultivation nor magic?” She tried to let out both mana and qi but nothing came out and there was a suppressive feeling. “The world.. The world is suppressing me? Why does the world have a will?”

 

She was very confused, but there was no panic. She only sighed and looked around. She was in a big room full of paintings and flowers. The bed was very comfortable and made of very good quality materials.

 

She got out of bed and saw a mirror. She quickly moved to it and saw herself. “Still beautiful as always.” She looked at herself and smiled. She suddenly heard the door open behind her. A woman in maids clothing stood there frozen. She quickly dropped the items she was carrying and quickly ran out.

 

Yue got onto the bed and began to meditate, or at least that's what it looked like. She was in fact feeling the air around her for particles. “Nothing? I wonder if.. Yes!” She didn’t have any mana nor qi so of course she couldn’t feel the particles.

 

Of course I need a cultivation technique. My Fallen Angel technique isn’t for such low level cultivation. Perhaps… I guess the Ancient Royal technique works.

 

As soon as she figured what to use. The door opened again. A handsome middle-aged man along with a beautiful woman and a little girl appear.

 

The whole family bow. “Lavet! Pas har Angel!” -Welcome great angel!

 

Yue just tilts her head and shakes her head to indicate that she doesn’t understand them. The man quickly tells something to the servant who scurries off.

 

The little girl curiously approaches Yue and tries to feel her wings, upon contact with the wing though, she retracts her hand quickly. She looks at her finger which began to bleed and runs to her mother crying. Her mother quickly blows on the cut and consoles her. Not daring to look at the angel.

 

How dare that thing touch me? Humph! She kept her cold expression as she continued looking at the man.

 

The servant quickly reappeared with a white sphere. “Dok” The servant quickly gave Yue the sphere. She looked at the sphere then at the man.

 

A translation sphere? Perhaps telepathy?

 

“Hello?” Yue spoke and the sphere suddenly turned into pieces of light which flowed into Yue’s head.

 

“Greetings divine angel!” The man said again, not taking his eyes off Yue’s wings. Yue simply nodded. “Where am I?”

 

“My name is Rado and my wife’s name is Nere. My wife and I found you while travelling across the Iridescent Forest and decided to bring you here. You are in Roso of the Hian Empire, continent Everlast.” Rado told her everything near instantly, as if it had been practiced.

 

Yue nodded her head and Rado began to speak again. “Does divine angel require anything?” She thought for a second. “Do you have anything that holds mana or qi?”

 

“Mana? I don’t know what that is but we do have qi stones which are the main currency among nobles and the like. I only have 5 in my vault. Is this enough?” Rado replied instantly.

 

They don’t know what mana is? Is there no mana in this world? Only qi? That can’t be, I can sense my own dark and light element.

 

“Yes, perhaps it will be.” Yue nodded and the family left quickly. She was still cultivating while they spoke, she looked at her wing tip which had begun glowing somewhat bright green, just like those students’ robes who couldn’t change their appearance yet.

 

I need to get to Deep Green level to be able to change. I assume I’ll have to stay here for perhaps a week. I don’t want to alert the other inhabitants. Who knows what existences are in the dark, waiting to pounce on an unknown like me.

 

A servant entered and gave her the fist sized qi stones. “Master requests for Divine Angels name.” He bowed as he said in fear. “Y...Emelia Fellwood.” She spoke out coldly.

 

New world, new me right? Anyway it will be quite troublesome if an angel from the Jericho Federation somehow appears here and recognizes me.

 

The servant bows and hastily retreated. Emelia looked at the qi stones.

 

This should half the time it takes me to reach Deep Green level… Then I can switch back to my Fallen Angel technique and rise quickly.

3