Chapter 10- Investigate
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Great Empress Eina, may you and your reign last long. I am Toki Kan of the Kand Protectorate. I have been sent here by our kingdom to request support for our kingdom. Dylarr forces have always had skirmishes with our own, but nothing too hostile, until last week.” Toki was kneeling, his whole body touched the floor, it looked like he was almost lying down. 

 

“Last week! Last! Week! They dared to invade! They sent an army of elven mortals and a dozen Foundation Building stage cultivators to, apparently control them.” He began shouting and tears threatened to fall out of his eyes.

 

“I beg merciful Empress Eina to help us! We are a mere protectorate of Hian, we have no forces to defend ourselves!” He finally looked up at the Empress. She was sitting with one leg above the other and her head resting on her hand.

 

Seeing that he was finally done speaking she sat properly and did a rising motion with her hand, indicating for Toki to stand up. She put on a helpless and pained expression. “I am afraid I have nothing for you. All of our forces are currently in combat with the barbaric tribes to the north. Until the campaign there ends, we have nothing to assist.”

 

Toki faltered and nearly fell down. His eyes had lost their life. 

That’s it. I’m dead. I won’t be able to return without assistance. Our Kand will die. His eyes fill with water.

 

“But.” Toki looked up instantly to Empress, hope blazing in his eyes. “I can give you a loan, you may hire any mercenary in my whole empire who agrees to your conditions.” Toki was about to speak but she held up her hand. “Paper! Ink!” She called to the servants on her side.

 

Not long after the servants carried the items towards here and put down a small foldable desk for her to write on. 

 

Toki was sweating and his heart beat fast in anticipation. The Empress looked up at Toki for a couple of seconds before continuing to write.

 

After a full 5 minutes she was done. “This is a letter to Duke Kar, the best general of our Empire. Note, this is only a recommendation, whether he wants to join your little mercenary band or not is his decision. Understood? If so, you may leave and begin your adventure in search of people.”

 

Empress Eina handed the letter to her servant, who in turn handed it to Toki. Toki bowed multiple times while thanking her. He asked her where to find Duke Kar and quickly scurried away after he found out.

 

“Keep an eye on this Protectorate of ours, and check out the Dylarr. There has to be a reason for this sudden invasion. It can’t have just been coincidence.” Her voice trailed off and asked for the next person to see her to come in. 

 

The next person looked like a priest, except extremely extravagant. The Empress raised her brows. “Pope Vinicus? We haven’t met since your daughter's birthday. Speaking of which, how is Angelic Priestess Roze?” She saw his serious face and didn’t expect to be answered, she was just putting in some small chat with this large authority.

 

“Your highness Eina, 3 of my priests, including a bishop, have gone missing in your empire. May I enquire as to what had happened?” This was the pope of the Human and Elven Goddess, Zmo. He looked at the empress with an accusatory gaze and continued staring.

 

“Although it is public knowledge that I follow the God of War, Val, I still respect Goddess Zmo. I would never do something that would anger her like that!” She put on a confused and defensive look.

Pope Vinicus stared at her and nodded after some time. “I would like Empress to investigate this. The disappearance of a bishop is large. If it so happens that there is someone who dares to attack of kill someone of our church, there shall be retribution.”

 

Empress Eina nodded. “Of course! The Empire will not deal with that matter. We shall investigate, but as always, we need funds to do something for the church.” She smiled at the Pope and tilted her head slightly to appear more cute.

 

Vinicus glared at her and sighed. He opened his bag, lifted it upside down and Qi Stones began to fall onto the ground. He stayed in this position until the Qi Stones looked like a natural rock formation had formed inside of the palace.

1