Chapter 16- Space Energy
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside of Duke Kars study.

 

Emelia sat at the desk, staring at the parent and child who looked worried. Kalene had her arm laying flatly on the desk, with Emelia’s dainty fingers on her wrist, she sent out energy from her own body to search around Kalene.

 

She slowly opened her eyes. “Congratulations Kalene, you have the rare ability to gather Space energy, few people possess this ability, with it you can become a support type wizard that can teleport, block attacks and if you are really lucky, you can learn to use Space to attack.”

 

“Ah~~” They both let out a relieved and confused sigh.

 

“You see, the Qi System isn’t very diverse in the first place while magic, magic has many roots and branches, this Space magic is only one of many.” Emelia slowly explained, trying not to go too fast to lose them.

 

The Qi System that exists is mainly split into 3 sub-systems. Qi and Heavenly Qi, they are both the same, only that Heavenly Qi is much purer, which in turn makes it stronger.

 

The third sub-system is Body Cultivation, which is as the name implies, strengthening your body.

 

Body Cultivation is the peasants and poor cultivation, while Qi, which is stronger is the cultivation of nobles and royalty due to the resources needed.

 

Duke Kar practices a Qi technique, but he didn’t pass it down to his children. He made them practice Body Cultivation first, as he did. To lay the foundation for Qi is very important for him.

 

This concern for his children's foundation made them perfect to practice magic, being able to gather lots of energy within their bodies.

 

After they digested this new knowledge they felt as if a new world appeared before then.

 

Though she taught them how to gather and release energy, she never taught them anything else.

 

Kalene’s mouth became a huge O as she tried to feel around for this new Space energy.

 

“You won’t find it, it’s not something you can actively gather, only passive, which is only one of few weaknesses. But the good news is, you have an advantage, you gather this energy very quickly due to your Body Cultivation origin.” Emelia slightly teased.

 

Kalene pouted and tried to feel for her own energy reserved, and now that she knew what to look for, she quickly found these invisible and incorporeal strands of Space.

 

Suddenly, her outstretched arm spasmed, Space Energy flew out from the tips of her fingers and formed into a ball above the desk. It got darker and darker.

 

Emelia glared at the ball and exclaimed. “Focus Kalene! This is a storage space! Quick focus on it and try to put this inside.” She placed a paperweight on her hand.

 

From the ball, the black energy extended a strand to pick up the paperweight, it grew smaller and slowly floated up towards the ball.

 

As it entered the ball, the darkness in the room began to dissipate.

“Congratulations! You should now be able to feel as if there is an extension of you that you can feel around you, yet you don’t see anything? That is the new ‘Storage Space’ that you have created by folding space. You can access it at any time, with no Space Energy loss. You merely need to focus on it and reach out.” Emelia patted Kalene head, who in turn, closed her eyes and enjoyed it.

 

“In the future, when you learn Qi techniques, you will be able to see inside, currently you can only take out what you remember, so if you forget something inside there, it will only take up space, but you won’t know what to take out.” Emelia released some of her own Qi inside Kalene to carefully and slowly open up the meridians inside.

 

“Now, take that paperweight out, it is only a waste of space.” Kalene nodded with enthusiasm, as she extended her hand and focused. She sat in that position for 5 minutes before the black ball appeared again, and the paperweight expanded as it flew out and suddenly dropped onto the ground, producing a sharp sound.

 

“Great! Now, you tell your brothers and sisters that, tomorrow, I will be training them.” Emelia looked at her with pride as Kalene flew out the door shouting.

 

As Duke Kar proudly and lovingly stared at his youngest daughter running, he remembered her words. “Training? A..Are they not learning enough?”

 

Emelia chuckled. “They are fast learners, all thanks to you and the values you imparted to them, but only learning magic is the same as only focusing on your upper body when training. I need to teach them some fighting techniques, otherwise they will get bullied in the future, even with magic. Pure magic may be strong, but as long as someone gets close to magician, they will be able to kill them as easily as squashing a bug.” She coldly ended.

 

Duke Kars eyes grew darker instantly, clearly anyone who wanted to hurt his family would face his fatherly wrath. Emelia nodded as she saw his emotions. Someone like this is a good subordinate for her. Good values meant loyal people.

 

“Speaking of which, where is Gorden, I haven’t seen him this whole month.” Emelia lightly asked.

 

“Ah, Elder Gorden is currently on another mission, but he should return soon. Approximately another month, just in time for my birthday.” His dark expression turned into one of happiness.

 

“Also, slowly my subordinates have been entering the city, but I think that we should make another base elsewhere, this place is in the capital, and the soldiers will only suffer inside those dark, damp barracks.” Duke Kar spoke carefully.

 

Emelia stared at him for a couple of seconds and her brows furrowed. Duke Kar began to sweat.

 

“Empress.. I.. I didn’t think of what I sai--” Emelia stopped him.

 

“No, no. How stupid of me, you are completely right, I didn’t think of this. I suppose since the work has already been done, make this a hidden base. Do you have any land outside of the capital?” She laughed at herself.

 

Duke Kar, whose back was leaking with sweat let out a nervous chuckle. “Yes! Yes! I.. I do! It is a forest, I bought it for logging when I needed to build this house but we replanted. It’s been many years so I assume it should be a fully fledged forest again. It is in the east, just south of the Han mountain range. In fact, I assume it to be within the Han mountain range territory, so we should also be able to own the whole mountain!”

1