Locus Ordinia
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three months passed, and things began to slip into a routine. Jack awoke, bathed in the hypersonic shower, dressed in the same skintight bodysuit augmented by a large Jacket displaying her Rank, and walked the length and breadth of the ship. She no longer broke down crying with the slightest provocation, and had fully adjusted to the return of her emotional capacity. Mostly. Now, she faced a different issue... two, Actually.

[Admirals Cabin, isolated, Jack POV]

"I don't understand, mother. How do i..I... WHO do I ask for... advice... about THAT?"

<Perhaps the ships doctor? Luis Ordinia is quite skilled. And very professional.>

"But... Luis is a man. This isn't something he can really help with. I mean, I can handle the monthly stuff, we've dealt with that for years, and the mood swings, while new, are bearable... but THIS?"

<HMM. give me a moment, Jack.>

[Luis Ordinia POV]

<Doctor?>

I nearly shat myself, as the silence of my office was broken suddenly.

"EEYIT! DO NOT DO THAT!"

<OH. I am sorry for startling you, Doctor.>

"It's fine. Did you need something, A.I. designate Mother?"

<yes. And just Mother is fine.>

"Afraid not, Friend... the only person I call that is a little old lady currently in cryosleep, and only then because I deeply fear her wrath. Being raised by a Holy Woman will do that to you. So,what did you need, exactly?"

<it's About Jack. She needs advice from someone who can be discreet. A woman. As I trust you to keep this to yourself, I decided to ask for recommendations.>

"I assume it's Something Related to the emotional supression?"

<indeed.>

" In that case, i know exactly who to send... my Daughter, Locus."

<The Xenobiologist? Yes... that might work. And she can help with our other problem as well. Can you arrange something?>

"Of course. I'll send her your way."

[Admirals Quarters, Two hours later, Jack POV]

This is so embarrassing... ten minutes ago, the door opened, and the 17 year-old Genius who walked in immediately figured out what my problem was.

"Admiral! Nice to meet you. I am Chief Xeno-Scientist Locus Ordinia. And you should really wear something less form fitting, I can see everything. Pop told me you needed some advice, and I can guess what about. It's obvious, really. I must say though, Nice Nipples, very pointy, but try not to let the rest of the crew see you like that."

"Umm... it... it's cold..."

"It's 78 degrees, Admiral. Don't be ashamed, it's natural. Every living being gets Aroused sometimes."

<Jack, tell her the issue.>

"But... it's embarrassing."

<NOW, JACK.>

"SIGH... Fine. As you know, Miss Ordinia..."

"NO! Call me Locus."

"Okay... As you know, Locus... I've been emotionally suppressed since I was very young... as such, I am now experiencing years of... feelings... and I don't know... I'm not sure... not sure how..."

"How to deal with certain physical Urges?"

I knew my face was red... I could feel it burning. "Y-yes..."

"Well, in that case, you have two options. I'd say three, but if youvare desperate enough to seek help, ignoring it until it stops isn't an option. So. Your Options." She looked at me, then grinned. "Find a partner, or start exercising your Finger Muscles." She's laughed at my face. "God's you are a brighter red than a tomato! Seriously though, Admiral... those ARE your Options. If You really don't want to pair up with someone, and find your hands aren't quite dexterous enough, well... there are a variety of, let's call them 'Toys', You can have sythesized... just make sure nobody else in in the Synth room at the time... getting caught making THOSE is embarrassing, and I speak from experience.... dad never let me live it down... and mom, well... there's a reason SHE isn't in our lives anymore. Still, best Side Hustle I've ever run... lotta lonely people crewing this ship, its a sellers market."

"Umm... okay... ill... Sigh. This is embarrassing and awkward to talk about."

"True, but it's completely natural. Now, Pop said you had a second problem?"

<Indeed, Locus. It's the tree. It's being Odd.>

"Your Sentient, Empathic Tree is Odd? Perish the thought!"

<DO I HAVE TO REPORT YOUR SARCASM, YOUNG LADY?>

"Fine, Fine... Whats so odd? And Mother REALLY suits you as a name. Geez."

"Just... take a deep breath, and watch."

<<Can you hear me, Little Tree>>

I felt a wave of emotion flow through me... she was listening.

[Locus Ordinia POV]

Wow. A talk about Masturbation... followed by THIS? I could feel it around me, a thickening of the air... and the SMELL... better than any scented candle EVER. But the peace wasn't to last. Because it moved. The tree moved. "THE TREE JUST MOVED! And is that... a face?" A shape formed in the bark, and I soon found myself staring into the eyes of my own face, made of wood, with glowing eyes of pure green. The lips moved. "Hel... lo..."

I am not too proud to  admit, i screamed, then fainted.

<Well. That was unexpected.>

2