09 – A law-abiding citizen
413 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If this all, then,“ Chizuru said, her elegant eyebrow creating a bit before she turned around and opened the door to her apartment.

I smiled. Did she notice my gaze? Sharp girl.

“Excuse me, but do I know you from somewhere?“

The young woman paused and glanced back at me momentarily, scrutinizing my face as though attempting to recall if she had encountered me previously. Her verdict soon comes.

“No, I don’t think I’ve met Takahashi-san before,“ she said with a refined poise. “So if you will excuse me.“

Acting up oblivious to her attempt to wrap up the conversation, I quickly added, my hand on my chin. “No, I’m sure, I’ve seen you somewhere before…“ trailing off as if trying to remember “It was a dating app, I think… no, not a dating app, it was… what was its name again…“

The word 'app' triggered an immediate reaction in Chizuru, albeit trying to keep it subtle. Her beautiful brown eyebrow frowned even more.

“I'm afraid you may have misunderstood me with someone else, I don't frequent those kinds of applications,“ she crossed her arms accentuating her ample bust. “Please refrain from speculating, weird rumors may spread because of this.“

I grinned inwardly. Despite what she said, she no longer seemed inclined to bring the conversation to an end. Her attention was fully drawn.

“Diamond!“ I exclaimed in satisfaction, akin to someone who had just recollected a fleeting word. “Yes, that was it. Diamond was its name. Its purpose was to—”

My words were cut short as Chizuru in a fit of abrupt panic, suddenly grabbed me by the wrist and shoved me into her room. Of course, that was only because I allowed her to; as her slender arms won't cut it to bulge my sizable frame.

Nonetheless, her excessive reaction was rather surprising. Guess she was the main female protagonist for a reason. Not that I’m complaining; she was quite literally sending herself into my arms.

Taking advantage of her hot-headed reaction; I spun back around as soon as I took two steps inside, while Chizuru slammed the door behind her, unintentionally trapping herself. 

She was at a kissable distance, so close that her subtle and sophisticated scent, white musk and cashmere, enticed my nostrils with its delicate allure. Noticing her long eyelashes, I found myself drawn to their enticing beauty.

The concerned victim, however, in her fiery temperament, was unaware of the trap she had unknowingly sprung upon herself. Reminding me of a hapless rabbit too focused on the carrot to notice the box closing on it.

“Listen here,“ Her earlier reserved and graceful temperament went up in smoke as if it was all a lie, leaving a fiery, sharp, and slightly scary young woman. She pointed at me, her finger nearly touching my chin due to the narrow space. “I don’t know where you heard that but you’ll get into serious trouble if you start spreading weird rumors—“

“Are you threatening me?“ I cut her off with a surprised expression on my face. A real one. Wow, really, I'm baffled. it was like she was begging me to take advantage of her. 

Did she take me for one of those wimps she used to deal with, running with their tails between legs at her first displeased glare? 

Chizuru paused as if taken aback, her pretty brown eyes widened behind the glasses. “… no," she said, "this is—”

“It is,” I said cutting her once more as I slowly took a step forward while she took half-one back, the door baring her from taking a full one. Yet even then she seem more concerned about my words rather than the entanglement closing on her.

This is the real world, not an anime, there are consequences. You might r might not have a plot armor but I have logic on my side; I would gladly challenge your absurdity or even take advantage of it.

“Using physical coercion to facilitate involuntary confinement, potentially result in charges of kidnapping, and engagement in threatening behavior. You are facing multiple charges, all because...“ 

I raised one arm and placed it against the door, her eyes glimpse at it but before she makes sense of her situation I dropped what she was most concerned about. 

“You want to keep your work a secret, Chizuru Mizuhara.“

The ripple spreading her face was akin to a true delight. Chizuru went from surprise, to shock then back to her composed self, concealing any sign of internal turmoil. Her lips were hard pressed in line and un-noticeably twitching, her hands now both lowered and balled into fists.

“I tried to be a good neighbor by introducing myself and was extremely respectful…" I rambled, distracting her from my other arm moving up, palm against the door, effectively cutting all her escape roots, and she was none the wiser.

Until I pressed my body against her soft one, pinning her against the door.

“Hold on! What do you think you're doing?“ She raised her voice, struggled, her hand on my abs trying to push me away. “This is a violation of my personal space. Get off of me.“

“Oh, don’t worry I will,“ I made a conscious effort to remain focused despite the alluring presence of her ample and firm bosom pressed against my chest. “And I will immediately head to the police station and file formal charges of kidnapping, assault, and coercion."

I’m sure the law would bring justice to this honest, law-abiding citizen for all the suffering I've gone through.

Chizuru's struggle weakened considerably allowing me to pin her against to front door even more. This brought back yesterday's memory. Didn’t I pin Rika against the door as I rammed her? My junior throbbed.

“I wonder though,“ I smiled softly at the unhappy glares she was sending me. ”Would make your family be disappointed that you rent yourself," her shilling glare dropped below freezing temperature. 

Was it the vulgarised way I referred to her job? Or was the family part? I mused.

If I remember correctly, she only has a grandmother in her family — of course, I’m not supposed to know that hence I used the board term. In that case, it would be quite understandable. Getting her only remaining family member disappointed must not be a pleasant thing.

“Or," I continued. "Would they be sad that…” I leaned to her ears, beat red with all the emotions she was contained, and before whispering, I flared some energy to my voice, cementing my words in authority. “[you will go to jail].”

The words uttered with my powers were straining and felt like an eternity to finish them. The imaginary sounds threatened to tear my mind apart. My surrounding fell like battlefields; cries for help, incomprehensible screechings, and voices that come from hell assaulted my head. 

They aren't real. I know. But they are. All the ghosts and apparitions I’ve ever captured since I arrived in this world — including the recent train stuff. They used that window of opportunity to bring me down.

But I held on and uttered all four words unflinchingly.

 

Hi! I just wanted to say thank you. Your encouragement helped more than you think.

11