Chapter 09
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lycoris was embarrassed when Prince Daemon entered the room while she had her breasts exposed.

Even with the veil trying to give her some decency, the Targaryen stared at the window, the baby refusing to let go until after a few minutes he left her breast with a whimper.

- "Little prince" - Lycoris, still with her breasts out of her dress but covered by the veil, carried the baby over her shoulder to make him release the gas he had after eating. Vaenar burped on her shoulder and let out a giggle that made Lycoris smile in return.

She carefully passed the baby to Princess Rhaenys as she fixed her dress, it was lucky she had milk stored at Grimmauld for the babies, it was relaxing to pump at home while reading a book.

Although it was strange to be in a medieval world and use an electric device, there was nothing wrong with that, she was a mother, and pumping milk was an everyday thing.

- "Thank you, Lycoris" - Rhaenys smiled at her, though her eyes were still sad - "Vaenar didn't like the wet nurse."

- "I can have a bottle of milk ready in case the baby needs more," - She whispered for the prince not to hear, - "Just tell me, and I'll send one of my elves."

Princess Rhaenys nodded, Lycoris turned to the prince, not looking him straight in the eyes.

- "Prince" - She bowed and left.

She silently walked down the corridors of Driftmark, she wanted to go to her room and sleep with her babies, she knew Penny was looking after them with Winky and Kreacher. Oh Mother Magic, she wanted so badly to go to her luxurious bathroom for an hour in the hot tub.

Her peace of mind was ended when Prince Aemond came up to her and took her by the hand, dragging her through the corridors.

- "Prince Aemond?" - She asked, confused at the boy's attitude.

- "I need your help, Lady Lycoris" - The prince never let go of her, they advanced to the beach, and the sky had darkened - "I want to claim Vhagar."

Lycoris looked confused, she had seen the dragon and was honestly afraid of the great beast.

- "Claim?"

- "You can talk to him and tell him that I am a good boy so that he will accept me as a rider."

Lycoris sighed and let herself be dragged by the prince to the big dragon. She asked him to let go of her hand, the prince let go and Lycoris pulled out her wand and conjured a light.

The bluish light from his wand guided them down the dark path to Vhagar. The dragon was asleep until she opened her eyes, Lycoris took two frightened steps back.

"What have you come for, sorceress?" The dragon asked.

"Great conqueror dragon" Lycoris bowed to the creature, "I am sorry to interrupt your mourning, but the young man here is a prince with the blood of a dragon rider. He wishes you to accept him as a rider."

Vhagar sniffed at Prince Aemond, who took her hand as a safe place.

"I wish no more riders," Vhagar replied, "Tell the little hatchling that I am old and wish to spend my last years on this beach. I have already lost my brothers and three riders with my beloved Laena. My days are coming to an end."

"Your days are coming to an end?"

"I am no longer the conqueror I used to be" The dragon lamented, "I wish to be reunited with my Visenya".

- "Prince Aemond" - Lycoris looked at the boy.

- "What did Vhagar say?" - He asked excitedly.

- "She does not wish any more riders" - Lycoris bowed to the prince - "She has lived long enough and wishes to spend the rest of her time resting. It is better to fulfill her wishes."

Prince Aemond lowered his head in disappointment.

"The child descended from the blood of my valiant Baelon," Said Vhagar and Lycoris looked up to see the dragon, "I will let him fly just once on me."

- "What did she say?" - Asked the prince again.

- "She will let you fly once on her" - Smiled Lycoris.

Prince Aemond's eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Aemond was happy when he took flight on Vhagar, although he did not succeed in his task of getting the dragon to accept him as a rider, but she allowed him a single ride.

He could feel the air touch his face, the cold touch his cheeks, but it mattered little to Aemond, for he was flying on a dragon.

After a few minutes, he landed with Lady Lycoris waiting for him. She smiled at him and asked: - "How was your flight, prince?"

- "It was great!" - Aemond smiled, dropping the straight face his mother and grandfather instilled in him. - "The wind in my face, I felt invincible!"

Lady Lycoris laughed, covering her mouth with green eyes shining with joy, and they both advanced towards the castle.

- "I felt more or less like that the first time I flew," - She said looking up as if she remembered, - "I was about your age."

- "On a dragon?"

- "No. On a broom."

- "A broom?" - Aemond asked. - 'How could she fly on a broom?'

- "Yes, lots of wizards fly on brooms," - She answered as they walked down the passages, - "There were two groups. The Gryffindors and the Slytherins,"

Lady Lycoris told them on the boat about Hogwarts, the place where she studied magic. How it was divided into four houses, her being the house of the golden lion on the crimson field, very Lannister.

- "And how was that class?"

- "Some spoiled child wanted to get me expelled," - She laughed, - "But it went so badly that my Head of House made me join the Quidditch team."

- "What's Quidditch?"

- "Well, Quidditch is...." - Lady Lycoris couldn't finish her sentence because she was interrupted by a "That's him."

Aemond watched his nephews along with Uncle Daemon's daughters walk towards him in annoyance.

- "Vhagar is my mother's dragon, and you stole him!" - Rhaena shouted. Baela lunged at him, but Lady Lycoris took her arm gently.

- "Princess," - Said Lady Lycoris, shaking her head, - "Prince Aemond has not stolen anything. The dragon denied him as a rider."

Aemond's eyes twisted as Rhaena smiled mockingly at him.

- "The dragon has expressed that she does not want any more riders," - Lady Lycoris said, looking at Rhaena, - "She is an old dragon who wants to rest."

- "But..." - Rhaena said with teary eyes.

- "You will have a dragon, one day, princess" - She then looked at Aemond - "You too. Fujur has laid two eggs. Tomorrow we'll go to her nest, so you can see the eggs."

- "What if they don't hatch?" - Asked Jacaerys.

- "They will hatch," - Smiled Lady Lycoris, - "I will see to it."

- "He flew in Vhagar," - Baela pointed accusingly at Aemond.

- "Vhagar allowed me to," - Aemond replied, Rhaena began to sob.

- "How about if I ask Vhagar if she would let you fly on her?" - Lady Lycoris asked, brushing back one of Rhaena's unruly locks, - "Tomorrow at breakfast."

- "Would you do that?" - Asked Rhaena.

- "I can," - Smiled Lady Lycoris, - "I am a very persuasive person. You better return to your rooms before your parents ask for you."

Everyone nodded, Aemond noticed how Baela and Rhaena slipped into the witch's sides and took her hands, and instead of looking annoyed, Lady Lycoris smiled.

So, everyone went to bed.

2