Chapter 07
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last time Lycoris interacted with children was at the Battle of Hogwarts, ordering Neville and Lavander to evacuate the little ones to the Hogsmaede passageway.

Her approach to teaching came at the age of fifteen when she set up the study group in secret from the abominable pink toad. So to see five princes sitting at the long black wooden table looking at her anxiously, minus Prince Aegon.

- "Good morning, prince," - Said Lycoris. She had been given a large room with a balcony and a table set up for her comfort. - "We'll start a bit of Dragon Speech with a little reading. I've taken the time to transcribe important parts to scrolls."

It had been two weeks since her incorporation into the court, she was more swollen in her belly, and it took her that time to transcribe the most important parts of the Dragon Speech to parchment, thanks to Mother Magic Winky helped her with the copies.

- "Do we have to read?" - Aegon asked.

- "That's right, prince," - Replied Lycoris, taking the bottle out of the water that was being heated in the fireplace. She carefully dropped a few drops into her palm, seeing that it was at the right temperature, she walked to the baby fence where Teddy was biting on his stuffed animals.

Teddy stopped attacking the poor lion and reached out his hands to the bottle. Lycoris gave it to him and returned to the princes.

- "You can't go straight into action if you don't have a theoretical basis first," - She explained. - "For example, you practice with wooden swords first before going with normal ones. Now, the first point."

- "Open our minds?" - Prince Jacaerys asks.

- "Breaking down the barriers we put to our mind" - Lycoris sat at the head rubbing her belly and grimaced when she felt the baby kick the rib - "For example, in magic, there are branches that the mind uses. The more limits we set for ourselves, the weaker the magic."

- "And how do we do that?" - Prince Aemond asked.

- "Breathing," - Replied Princess Helaena.

Lycoris smiled, the sweet princess reminded her a lot of Luna, always in her world.

- "We are already breathing," - Said Prince Aegon to his sister.

- "Meditation," - Replied Lycoris, playing with the Black locket, - "Open our minds to the earthly. Tomorrow we're going to Dragonpit for you to try to bond even more with your dragons. It's an advantage you have over me."

- "Didn't you bond with your dragon when it was a hatchling?" - Prince Lucerys asked.

- "Fujur bonded with me when we came out of an awkward bank robbery situation." - Said Lycoris - "But my gift was worked out of my skill with snakes."

- "Do you talk to snakes?" - Princess Helaena looked at her excitedly.

- "Yes, and they are usually very rude most of the time," - Replied Lycoris. - "Tomorrow we will go to Dragon Pit so that you can establish a stronger bond with your dragons."

- "I'm sorry brother," - Prince Aegon patted Prince Aemond on the shoulder.

- "The prince is coming with us," - Said Lycoris.

- "He doesn't have a dragon," - The elder prince replied normally, - "It's a waste of time for Aemond to study Dragon Speech when his egg never hatched."

- "Shut up!" - Prince Aemond got up from his seat, annoyed.

- "I'm just telling the truth, it's a waste of time."

Lycoris got up quickly to try and stop the fight, but the jerky movement made her feel something slip down her legs.

Lycoris knew what blood felt like, she lifted her dress a little, noticing that her water had broken.

- "Lady Lycoris" - Princess Helaena approached her.

Prince Aemond looked at her in fright, and Prince Aegon looked pale.

Prince Jacaerys pulled his brother closer to him in an embrace.

- "Kids, class is canceled for today," - Lycoris said, breathing at a kick to her rib. - "Kreacher!"

In a Pop! Kreacher appeared and was frightened to see her water break. Lycoris ordered him to bring the things she had prepared for childbirth.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Alicent listened intently to Helaena.

The fight between Aegon and Aemond caused the witch to go into labor. About four hours have passed since then.

In the hallways, Lycoris Potter could be heard screaming in pain. Alicent remained in her rooms, but an anguish settled in her chest, she passed by Rhaenyra's room where her stepdaughter was with Lord Corlys, Laenor, and their children.

The lord of Driftmark was rocking the son of Lycoris. The baby was crying, his little face red from crying, as the creature named Kreacher sounded a rattle to distract him.

Alicent made her way to the rooms where Lycoris was. The place could feel a heavy aura.

To the mother's left, Princess Rhaenys was wiping her forehead with a rag, in one corner of the room was the creature Winky and two maids. There was no Maester, but a midwife attending to the witch.

- "I can't," - Cried Lycoris, - "I can't."

- "I need you to push, my lady," - Said the midwife.

- "I'm in pain, a lot of pain"

- "It's normal to be sore," - Alicent said, standing to Lycoris' left. - "But it's all over when you see your baby."

- "It's already dilated, I need you to push."

- "I can't do this," - Lycoris looked at Princess Rhaenys in fear. - "I'm alone, my mother died, and I don't have Molly or my best friend with me. I can't, I'm weak."

- "Yes, yes you can" - Alicent was speechless at what Princess Rhaenys did, she removed the pillows and stood behind Lycoris. As a support, she carefully took her forehead and made her lean back - "Let's have this baby."

Still in tears, Lycoris began to push, at her scream of pain, one of the vases exploded, and Alicent was startled but took the witch's hand.

Alicent gave birth four times alone, without friends or family, only for Maestres between her legs.

- "You're doing well" - Alicent encouraged her - "Make another effort."

The witch screamed a couple more times until the midwife held a baby in her arms.

- "A boy!" - She said happily as she cleaned it.

- "It's James, Lycoris," - Princess Rhaenys said, Lycoris smiled a little before moaning in pain again.

- "There's another one coming," - Said the midwife, handing the baby to one of the maids. The elf began to squeal with excitement at the baby. - "One last effort, my Lady."

Lycoris shrieked until a second cry was heard.

- "A girl!" - Said Rhaenys - "It's Georgian."

Lycoris laughed at the thought of the babies, her face was full of sweat and tears, her hair a complete shapeless mess.

The midwife made her push on the placenta and Winky handed her three potions that she drank at once. The maids cleaned the babies under the instructions of the elf, who with a snap changed the sheets full of blood from childbirth.

- "They're completely healthy," - Said the midwife. Lycoris, still grimacing in pain, carried both babies in her arms gracefully.

There was a sadness in her eyes when she saw the red-haired fuzz in both of their hair.

- "Redheads," - Sobbed Lycoris, - "My mother was a redhead, and all the Weasleys are redheads, too."

The babies' skin was a shade lighter than Lady Lycoris's, and baby James opened his eyes showing an almond-brown color.

- "He got my dad's eyes," - Said Lycoris, looking up. - "Your name is James Sirius Potter." - The baby let out a squeal of annoyance, Lycoris saw her and the baby opened her eyes a little looking at a bluish gaze - "You have your Uncle Ron's eyes. Hello, my precious Georgiana Lilium Potter."

Alicent didn't understand why two names, but the way Lycoris pronounced it, denotes love and remembrance.

- "His father's name was Fred Gideon Weasley" - She looked at the two of them and her eyes filled with tears - "He was the bravest and kindest man I ever met. He may no longer be in this world, but he left me both."

Carefully he kissed both of their heads and Alicent felt tenderness.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Daemon looked at the baby in his arms, with a skin tone lighter than Baela and Rhaena's. A silver fluff.

The baby writhed in his grasp as Laena stopped breathing in her delivery bed.

- "Vaenar," - She said in her last breath.

Laena left him a son and died for it.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f305273676a48507136634d576b413d3d2d313430303633393039352e313739633337353539653663653734663539343137343532323138362e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

2