099 – Hostages:
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upset, Bastian looked at the hostages, trying to understand the situation when Julya noticed his furrowed forehead and said:

"They were kidnapped for breeding!" Bastian looked at the young girls, looked at the few ashes left of the dead girls, and asked:

"Were they raped to breed? How?" Julya looked at Bastian seriously and explained:

"Raped girls give birth to a new generation of goblins in a month!" Julya stopped for a moment and continued:

"They use the youngest ones first, and they usually die in childbirth!" Bastian looked back at the girls being fed, looked at Julya, and asked:

"Could it be that they were all raped?" Julya looked at Bastian and said:

"While I was healing them, I instigated them all: one of them is pregnant!" Julya's statement left Bastian shocked and conflicted at the same time, picking up the thought Bastian questioned:

"Who?" Julya looked at Bastian and said:

"That girl with the black hair crying!" Batian was obviously in an internal conflict, scratched his chin, and said:

"We are going to stay in this cave until she gives birth, we are done with the chick, and we go out!" Julya looked at Bastian, nodded in agreement, and went to talk to Bastian's women.

As Bastian watched the situation unfold, he had many thoughts racing through his mind. He also sensed something ominous in the air that he could not quite put his finger on. Determined to find out more, he would begin to ask the hostages to try and get a better understanding of his uneasy feeling.

Before that, he walked out of the cave to call for his pets, also setting up an illusory array formation to protect and conceal the cave. For this purpose, he used a banner he had crafted earlier, based on the dome protection array he had learned.

Sometime later, back in the cave, he decided not to inform the 'hostages' about his Godly Abode, as it could cause a commotion if a Goblin were to invade it. He recalled that several people were living there, along with his precious resources.

While talking to Julya, Bastian shared his ideas, entrusting her with the mission to assist the 'hostages' as much as possible. To do this, they set up a camp inside the cave. Later on, Bastian approached the 'hostages' to investigate the entire situation, gathering information that could aid them.

Unfortunately, most of them were too traumatized to provide any valuable information as they saw the Hobgoblins raping their friends, giving birth, and after that, also seeing their dead bodies being violated and serving as food for those abominations was really too much to handle for simple mind innocent teens.

Time did not wait for any preparations, and the belly of the young teen who had been the last to become pregnant among them grew rapidly. Julya, Renee, and Ileana did their best to nourish her body and assist her during childbirth, but as soon as the newborns were ready, they started to eat their way out, almost killing her. If not for Bastian's powerful Healing Spell, she would have died as well.

As for the newborns, all of them were eliminated in a burst of fire. Bastian waited until the flames subsided before feeling any less discomfort. It was time for the 'mother' to rest, and Bastian remained by her side, periodically probing her body with his mental energies to ensure nothing was wrong.

After a brief rest, they were all about to leave the cave when Bastian felt a shiver run up his spine, giving him an ominous sensation. He decided to wait and observe. Meanwhile, outside the cave, a Giant Ape was scouting for any prey, searching for any unfamiliar scent. The Giant Spirit Beast left him a little worried, not only for himself but also for the 'hostages'.

The Giant Spirit Beast did not discover their cave, as the illusory array formations worked extremely well, but the beast remained in their escape route, leaving them with no option but to wait.

Ensuring the safety of so many girls without using the Godly Abode was a challenging task, but Bastian asked them to hide deep in the cave, returning to the tight space where they were initially found. Everyone felt uncomfortable, and Bastian sat cross-legged, using his mental energies to probe around like a sonar—a recent technique he had begun training not long ago.

As Bastian himself mentioned, his proficiency was lacking, but it might provide some assistance in gaining more information. Perhaps they could get lucky if there were another way out. To do this, he extended his energies as far as they could reach, even penetrating some walls, where he discovered another large cave hidden behind a wall created by another illusory array formation.

With that information in hand, Bastian still pondered if there was another way out of the cave. So, he called Julya and said, "I will look for another way out of the cave. You and Renee keep an eye on them!" Bastian was referring to the hostages, and Julya nodded in agreement.

In an attempt to avoid drawing attention, Bastian stealthily made his way to the main hall. From there, he proceeded to the hallway leading to the place where he had previously probed. To his surprise, the wall was solid enough. However, Bastian knew that the best way to break the illusory array was to find its power source.

He searched for a while until he discovered several small holes in the wall, concealing small Power Stones that easily broke with a single grip of his fingers, as they were already quite old.

The illusory array shattered, and Bastian, followed by Ileana, passed through the narrow hole in the wall, entering another large hall. The hall was shrouded in darkness, but Bastian decided to use his mental energy to probe the area before illuminating it. As soon as his foot touched the hall's floor, it lit up. Startled, Bastian immediately assumed a defensive stance, with his Automated Spitting Bones at the ready.

Surveying his surroundings, Bastian noticed that the hall, unlike a typical cave, had white tiles on the floor, with wooden adornments along the walls. Still somewhat bewildered, Bastian and Ileana looked around, and Ileana asked:

"Where are we?" Bastian shook his head from side to side and replied:

"No idea." They continued to scan their surroundings, with Bastian still in a state of astonishment.

Eventually, he came across a wooden carved sign on the wall that read: "Deep is the truth of all end." Unbeknownst to Bastian, the sign was written in English. As soon as he uttered those words, a "Click" sound resonated through the air, and the floor beneath them began to descend. Bastian inquired aloud:

"An elevator?" Bastian and Ileana had no idea how long the elevator moved, but it felt like a considerable amount of time.

Bastian began to feel a bit nervous, but eventually, the elevator came to a stop, and they walked down a long corridor with walls made of cold steel. At the end of the corridor, there was a massive door also made of the same material, but Bastian noticed a distinctive feature—it had a glass window.

Through the glass window, Bastian could observe a spacious room, with a massive black stone at its center. Above the door, a wooden sign was carved with a message: "Only the strong mind can bear the truth!" This message left Bastian somewhat puzzled. However, as Bastian scrutinized the walls for a while, he found no openings or any other distinctive features, just the solid steel.

Ileana was also curiously looking through the glass, repeating the words of the sign, again and again, when Bastian suddenly had an idea, sitting down on the floor, he immediately focused his mind, summoning a surge of mental energy that many refer to as 'Telekinesis', and attempted to move the door. It did not budge at first but eventually yielded to the power of his mind.

Bastian reassumed a defensive posture. As the room's lights flickered on one by one, both Bastian and Ileana entered, meticulously examining every detail. In the room's center, Bastian fixed his gaze on the stone.

Initially, the stone appeared black, so dark that it absorbed all light, leaving Bastian somewhat bewildered. He scrutinized the object for an extended period, eventually concluding that it was a truncated icosahedron. From a distance, it resembled a sphere, but upon closer inspection, Bastian noticed its irregular surface, with each facet taking on a polygonal shape, and intricate tiny array formations carved into each face. It was unmistakably an artifact.

Bastian then turned his attention to the base supporting the artifact, where he found the inscription: "Your life for the truth!" Bastian had encountered a similar situation before, and with a small cut on his finger, a drop of blood fell onto the artifact.

Before long, a wisp of smoke emerged from the object, Ileana was in shock, immediately assuming a defensive position while the smoke began to take on the form of a humanoid figure. The humanoid knelt before Bastian and spoke, saying:

"Greetings, Master!" Bastian had encountered a similar phenomenon when he inherited the Godly Abode, as the Vessel Spirit had acknowledged him as its owner.

The scene was not strange to Bastian, and as soon as he heard the vessel's spirit acknowledge him as owner he asked:

"What is your name?" The spirit of the vessel raised its head, looked into Bastian's eyes and said:

"My creator bestowed upon me the name AI!" Bastian frowned, looked at AI and asked:

"For what purpose were you created?" AI looked back at Bastian and stated:

"I was created as an auxiliary intelligence tool for cultivating and propagating knowledge and history of the end of humanity!" Bastian looked at the AI, rubbed his chin, and immediately called out to the Divine Abode Operator and questioned:

"Can it be added to the Divine Abode?" The Operator immediately replied:

"Yes. Master! Please enter your Cultivation Space!" Bastian sat cross-legged, and the moment he closed his eyes, the Giant Stone turned into a cloud of smoke that crept in between Bastian's brow shadows. Meanwhile, within the space of Bastian's Soul, the Operator stood in front of Bastian's incorporeal image, pointing toward the forehead of the Representation Image of Bastian's cultivation, where a strange stone the shape of a diamond appeared.

Bastian's cultivation projection next to the Operator seemed to display a different glow, and Bastian questioned:

"Explain to me what happened." At that moment another projection appeared, it was AI that assumed another known form of Bastian, it was the image of his older brother from his previous life but such an appearance surprised Bastian, who said:

"What the hell is that!" The Operator soon explained:

"Master, this is the image that was bestowed upon the AI when it was integrated into the Divine Abode. Bastian frowned and nodded in agreement, and looking at the AI questioned:

"What are its features?" AI immediately explained:

"Master, as I said before, the purpose of my creation is to support your cultivation, my main role is to advise and ensure that Master succeeds, even providing analyses and techniques. I can help verify, filter, and purify all the knowledge that makes up the energies in your Soul, in addition to being a source of verified information." Bastian looked at AI and questioned:

"Verified information? Explain!" AI looked at Bastian, pointed to the white viscous liquid that formed a lake under the projection image of Bastian's cultivation, and said:

"Master, even the knowledge that makes up your Soul Cultivation contains impurities, and these impurities were formed by incorrect or lack of verified information."

"AI is the abbreviation of Artificial Intelligence..." After muttering those words Bastian exclaimed:

"Holly Mother of Gods! Ha! Ha! Now I have a System! What the fuck!" Bastian was excited by the possibilities... After he opened his eyes to the real world, Ileana asked:

"What happened?" Bastian smiled and muttered:

"Now I have a Cultivation System!" Bastian was scratching his head, and Ileana, not understanding anything, said:

"What was that smoke?" Bastian looked her in the eyes and said:

"That was the cheat of cheats!" Ileana who had gone through the Soul Cultivation process, studying everything that Bastian had prepared for his women, knew what cheating was, and questioned:

"He introduced himself as AI, as in Artificial Intelligence? Correct?" Bastian was still scratching his head and said:

"Yes!" Ileana stopped, looked around, and asked:

"Who created it?" Bastian heard AI's voice respond from within his Soul:

"Master, I was created by the God of Information!" Bastian frowned, raising an eyebrow, and repeated the information to Ileana. Ileana asked:

"Would it be possible to recreate this Artifact?" Bastian again heard AI's voice and exclaimed:

"We even have the blueprints, but without an Artifact Spirit it will not be possible!"

After saying this, Bastian questioned AI about the exit routes, and AI sent the information directly to Bastian's mind, who exclaimed:

"We already have an escape route!" Ileana, who did not know what was going on inside Bastian's mind, questioned:

"How do you know that?" Bastian looked at her and said:

"AI told me!" Bastian immediately grabbed his Phone, and contacted Julya, telling her to get everyone ready to leave.

A little later, in the hall where he found the kidnapped girls, Bastian called for Julya, explaining everything that had happened. Julya, as a mother, was concerned and asked:

"Will that hurt you?" Bastian shook his head from side to side in denial and said:

"That is an artifact!" Renee who approached, looked at Bastian and said:

"They are ready!" Bastian asked everyone to join him, and after walking through a maze of caves and narrow corridors, he was able to see the exit.

After safely exiting the cave on the other side, Bastian asked Julya if any of the girls knew the route to their village. Coincidentally, one of the girls was part of a resource gathering group, an adventurer, and knew the route. Bastian and the girls headed towards the village, a journey that lasted three days, but in the distance, Bastian could see the city walls.

Before he even approached the city, Bastian could observe that the city was not large that at most ten thousand people were dwelling within its high walls, and that there were several villages around.

Two of the girls approached and said:

"Young Master, please listen to us!" Bastian looked at the girls and questioned:

"How can I help?" The two girls knelt on the floor and one of them said:

"Young Master, we sisters are orphans and have nowhere else to go! If the Young Master allows it, we would like to serve the Young Master!" Bastian looked at Julya let out a deep sigh and said:

"Do you have anything to do with it?" Julya approached one of the girls and said:

"They are beautiful and I will train them." Bastian snorted and said:

"Huff! Let it be!" Julya approached the other girls and commented:

"These girls have been kidnapped from the villages around the city!" Bastian looked at the girls and said:

"That makes it a lot easier!" One of the girls said:

"Young Master, I am not from this city, I come from afar!" Bastian looked at the girl and asked:

"Where are you from?" The girl approached and said:

"Young Master, I come from the city of Paris!" Bastian frowned, raising one of the eyebrows, and asked:

"Paris? How did you get kidnapped?" The girl looked at Bastian and commented:

"Young Master, my father has a merchant company and our caravan was massacred by the Goblins and Hobgoblins not far from here." Bastian scratched his chin and commented:

"Was it another group of Goblins?" The girl did not know what to answer and said:

"I-I do not know!" Bastian looked at her, turned his head looked at Julya, and said:

"Our purpose was to travel to explore, we better make our arrangements first" Julya knew that Bastian was prioritizing the girl chuckled, and commented:

"Hi! Hi! Whatever my Young Master says!" Bastian let out a sigh and added:

"Paris is far from here, we are traveling on foot, we need to prepare for the trip!" The girl knelt on the floor and said:

"Young Master, if Master takes me to, I guarantee that there will be a good reward!" Bastian looked suspiciously at the girl and said:

"Better this way!" Bastian, Julya, Renée, and Ileana headed toward the city, but first, they would leave the kidnapped girls in their villages.

After delivering the girls to their villages it was already late and Bastian was heading towards the entrance gate when the last girl knelt on the ground and said:

"Young Master, thank you so much for saving our lives!" Bastian shook his head acknowledging the gesture and said:

"Be careful when venturing into the forests!" After saying this Bastian and his entourage set off towards the entrance gate of the city.

1