Nothing But A Monster
76 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter Parker knows that, living life as a hero, he will see and fight many strange things. Yet, this has to take the cake. 

His foe looks like, hell, probably is, a child. A child sitting in a massive colorful crater, with the world around them breaking and falling apart, looking exactly like what a broken program would look like. Their body is a mix of black, very dark red, and greys, except for their skin, eyes, mouth, and hair. Eyes, bright wide and much larger than any normal human, cartoonish even. Their mouth is white, and jagged, and their hair is short and looks like a mop-head, brown in color. 

They are on their knees currently, clutching their head in certain agony. Surrounding their entire body are red, dark green, dark red, dark blue, light blue, green, and even purple and pink boxes popped in and out of existence. Around their head, however, are a bunch of words, no, sentences, popping in and out accompanied by a small, girlish voice. A chorus of voices, talking, almost entirely drowned out by the sobbing of the child. 

He would love to do nothing more than go down there and help the poor kid out, but there are certain things stopping him. One; The destroyed area around them that looks like a corrupted chunk that is spreading at an alarming rate. Two; His spider sense is off the charts so much that he isn't sure if it is actually damaging him. Three; His spider sense is half actually telling him to kill the kid. Four, and probably the most important; The body of Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, being held by a white, red, and pink glitchy hand sprouting from the ground that is constantly spinning his face around in his helmet like a blender with no explanation to how it is doing that.

"K-kid... " he is struggling to talk with the pressure he feels on his head, but he knows he has to try and do something. Anything, before something horrible happens, "Kid! P-please, l-look at m-me!"

He doesn't have any idea of what that horrible thing is, but he knows that it is about to happen.

"K-kid... I-I know you're i-in a l-l-lot of p-pain... b-but pain is a-always j-just t-t-temporary!" He takes a step forward, reaching towards the child, hoping to reach them, "P-pain c-c-can m-mmm-make p-people do a l-lot of terrible things... b-but that doesn't m-make them a-a monster."

The pressure in his head increases to the point where it becomes unbearable for him to stand. Falling to his knees, he quickly realizes that he won't last much longer. Either he'll lose conscious or... Best not to think about it. 

Gathering his will, he yanks off his mask.

"KID! YOU'RE NOT A MONSTER!"

The child's head snaps up so quickly that it causes an audible snapping sound, only it took Peter a couple of seconds to realize that the humming sound that has always been around since he arrived had stopped. In fact, the only sound that he can hear are the sounds of the wind blowing, distant sirens, distant screams, and the weird humming pop the boxes make when they pop in and out of existence. 

The new silence was so sudden that Peter didn't realize at first that the child is now staring at him, only two of the lines popping in and out, and their voices silent. The silence went on for what felts like an eternity to Peter. Finally, the child blinked once, then opened their mouth, revealing a white void.

"N-not a monster? M-monster?  Monster.  We are  Are  We are Are a- We are...  Monster."

They quieted down, looking at the ground for a couple of seconds before their eyes narrowed.

"Monster! Monster!  Mon-  Mon-  Monster...  K-kid, we-  I Am...  We aren't-  Monster  Stay away!  C-can't help-  Monster! I am a..."

They stopped, the voices stopping with them, before they look back up at Peter.

"I am a Monster," their voice quivering as they said it. It is a voice that is so full of guilt, rage, resentment, and acceptance that one would think they were about to die, "Nothing but a Monster."

However, Peter knew otherwise.

"K-kid, No!" He reaches out for them, but he is far too late.

They raised their hands in the air before slamming them down into the ground will a loud yell. 

Instantly, the ground around the city split apart like a massive earthquake happened, and out erupting from the craters came massive streams of glowing, vibrant liquid. Then, the air shimmered, and the earth promptly tore itself apart.

2