002 Meeting With The Ruler
241 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I triggered the bomb, my surrounding suddenly become white. Then my vision becomes blur, then I can't feel my whole body. That's what I can remember, I just feel emptiness right now, dark, quiet and there aren't any creatures besides me.

Weirdly I stay calm, even though knew the fact that I had just died. Because impossible for me to survive after I destroyed the generator room and probably followed by nuclear explosives right after that. The chance I still save even under 1%. In other words, just a miracle if I could survive.

I don't know how long I still like this, my body just like a sponge tossed around in the ocean. Until I feel a light comes from deep down warmly.

My body who is palsied cannot do anything about this, just accept everything that goes on. Until I was drawn and fall down slowly into a bright hole.

After getting out from the darkness, the next thing is a spacious room where my surrounding is white. I slowly gained back my sensibility and control over my body, then I landed into a floor.

I just see everything is white, there are not any living things like before. I look at my hands, and try to clench them while thinking, 'Is it real? Is it afterlife?'

"Yes is it" a strange sound answered what I think.

Quickly I turn around to the voice source and I see a creature human-male-like, he just sits quietly on the chair and has a tea party, without noticing me slightly.

"Welcome to the afterlife, wanderer…" That's what comes next after he adds some sugar to his tea.

I just stood up without sounding any voice from my mouth, 'Who are you?' thinking myself.

"Ah… I am just ruler of this universe… what's your kind called god, deity, or archangel… whatever" Explaining without having any emphasis or anything.

"Ok… so, what's happened? Guess I've dead right… impossible I still alive after that explosion that I triggered?" Ask him while I recall again some memories.

"Yup, you're right… but I must say you've done a good job for your world…" The man said.

"Eh? Wait… what do you mean?" I need more explanation, I thought.

"Simply to say, your action has prevented your world from extinction, if you let the factory be occupied by the enemy, they will use that as a base for crafting mass-destruction firearms and make humans extinct, simply. Sigh, they don't know their value honestly" He explain with a weary expression on his face after sighing.

"So… I save humanity?" Ask me once again.

"I could say only 45%, but that means mankind on that world has a chance once again… at least their population has not come to zero yet. You know other rulers have given up on that world and left it destroyed by humans itself, but with your decision, they give another chance once again." He explains with brightness right now.

"Glad to hear that… I hope they can learn about our past." I murmured while thinking back about my past.

"So… what do you need right now" I change to another topic.

"Not much… we don't have any task on a mission on you… I just want to see you before moving to another world… and give some blessing for your deeds" He explained his intention, probably also hiding his intention.

"So, what you can give to me?" I ask him to the point.

"You can see this" After he said that, suddenly a panel appear in front of me.

"I only can give you a blessing but I'll let you choose by yourself. Also, I won't erase your memory, this is what I can give to you" The man explained about what I'll get.

I can see so many list blessings to support my role, let’s say a 'job'. Like swordsman, saint, berserker, etc. I scroll and take a look at every job. When I thought it will take time, I ask him.

"Umm… I think I will spend quite a long time, is that all right? Probably you also have another job right?" Check with him if he is really busy.

"Ohh… feel free, I leave you a lot of time to choose your job. And don't worry about me, everything has on hand, just sit down in there" He answered while pointing with his hand at the next chair.

"All right then…" After I sit down, I spent my eye back on the panel. After checking every job, and reading so many descriptions about the job, I decided to ask him again.

"Do you have a blessing where you can craft or synthetic material into whatever I want, and give support for some projectile attack? I just think I want to keep with my job as a gunsmith" I ask him if he has a blessing for a gunsmith like me where I can draft a gun and fight at the same time.

"Hmm… Then, how about this?" He shows some panels to me again.

[Shooter]

Give extra damage to the projectile attack, and have the skill to synthesize materials.

"Hmm… you not make this blessing just barely, right?" Ask him just to make sure.

"Actually, after you ask about this. I make a new one…" Nonchalantly he answered my question.

"Are you serious? Have you thought I or others will destroy the world again?" I asked if he plan to show it to other wanderers.

"Ahh… no, this is special for you. Just consider this as my gift. I won't let other people about this, so… this is special for you. Even though like alchemy or scholar will be attached to you." Keep drinking tea, without paying attention to me.

'All right,' I thought for a while choosing shooter as my job.

"Done? Then let me put simply about the next world. That world is named "Alanois" by their inhabitant. That's a Sword and Magic world unlike your world before, in this world term for "magic" is common, even a normal civilian can use daily magic like igniting a fire, pour water, or make a breeze wind. So their civilization is more retarded than your world because of the efficiency of magic, probably around middle age civilization on your world" He took a sip of tea.

"Next, besides your 'job,' there are also called levels. You are just allowed only to look at your own level, and if you want to use appraise to other people you must use a immobilize tool to prevent personal information from leaking easily. About a 'job' it will be developed when you reach a certain level. It will be increasing your physical power, even though with exercise you'll gain your physical power, is there any question?" He asked me after taking a sip again.

"So, you only help us with only level?" I asked him.

"Hmm… yes, and no… That's only basic help from us, usually, there is also another blessing if you had a chance, let said blessing for war against the devil or make a good deed or even explore a dungeon."

"How about life expectancy?"

"Which race?" He asks me again.

‘…Every race?’ I ask him slightly confused. I thought there are only humans in that world.

"Hmm… All right I will explain about race in that world." He said.

‘Argh… just get out from my mind, never read other minds without permission’. I thought.

He just only smile and then continue to explain again.

"So… there are 5 races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Beastkin, and Demon. all of them is literally meaning. Unless Beastkin there are so many sub-race. I can't explain everything because you'll know eventually. And about life expectancy, basically the same, but humans have a lifespan that is shorter than other races but if you can cultivate your mana and use that to regenerate your body, you will live for so many years. Usually, the human lifespan is around 100 to 120 years old but if you're a 'sage'. On meaning can cultivate your mana, you can live for around 500 to 1000 years." He explains again to me.

'Wow' how convenient they can control their lifespan, I thought.

"All right… I think that's all" After thinking that's all that I need.

"Oh… do you want to be born into another race? Or keep wanting into a human?"

"I think just keep on human form."

"Okay… So, good luck in the next world, I hope you can find your happiness." He prays for me.

"Of course…" While I stood up on the chair and backed away a little.

Then, a black mist circled around me and make a hole. I fall down into that hole and wave my hand to him.

"Thank You!" Hope he can hear my shouting.

***

After seeing a wanderer fall down and started reincarnated. The creature takes a sip of his drink.

"So, you sure he can solve the biggest threat in the future" A voice female comes out from behind.

"Just let’s see…" Without even looking back as he knew who is she.

"Sigh… that's why other gods sometimes hate you, there is some issue that he will dead just like other wanderers or make the world more worse than his previous world" Mention about the past.

"Sometimes you'll find light in the sea of darkness or dark in the sea of light" He explained while keep taking a sip of his tea.

"That's why the previous wanderer nearly destroy the world because we did not recheck the background of that wanderer, just left him with great power and he even become the worst king" while Taking another tea.

"So, you sure he will be fine?" She asked curiously

"Yeah, even the previous world teach him how to value other people, though it fills with cruelty, I feel pity for him actually."

"All right… if you say so… I don't have any objective. BUT… you must explain to another deity about these circumstances okay…" She explains while facing right in front of him.

"Sure…" Answered with a doubtless answer.

"So… can I get your drink…?" She asked after looking for quite a while.

"Sure… just prepare by yourself" Answer with a smile, then take another sip.

"All right…"

They drink together to take a break after they did so many work while waiting for another work that will occur.

 

5