The Show of Strength and the Curious Village
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:
"" = Speech
<> = Other actions
<()> = Techniques
 
 
(Sorry about the 1 day break, I was just really tired due to a lack of sleep and writing of the novel, I'll probably stick to one chap per day as trying two per day killed my sleep schedule. Thanks for those who have stuck around.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Upon arising, I was greeted with the sweet sounds of birdsong emanating from outside the hut. Checking Darius's sleeping mat, it appeared unoccupied. After preparing for the day and making my way to the door, I stepped outside and was invigorated by the pure, crisp air of the morning. As I glanced over at the training grounds, I exhaled audibly. Darius had fallen asleep mid-swing and was now snoozing on his sword. Despite the soreness that still lingered throughout my body, I picked him up and returned him to his mat within the shack.

Leaving Darius to rest, I quickly ate before embarking on a practice session using my sword forms. I had begun to realize that if I was having troubles to unlock it at my current level of strength, I may not be able to defeat the demon in my energy pathways. I then began and shortly after completed my standard training regimen with a few modifications before deciding to move onto exercises for innate energy control. Through these exercises, I could hone my innate energy abilities to the point where I could forge weapons, such as katana's from it. Doing so would give me exceptional power due to it being entirely connected to my innate energy and therefore be compatible to my sword forms up to a 100% thus increasing the force behind my strikes, swings and sword forms.

After spending an hour crafting small tools such as nails and rocks, I returned to the shack as to hydrate with the remaining spring water. This served as a reminder that we needed to retrieve more water later in the day. Upon quenching my thirst, I proceeded to go outside to practice my sword forms.

"<(Sword Dance 1st Form, Crescent Dash)>" Vanishing in a purple flash, the sound of a sword cutting through wind filled the forest. A series of thunks echoed as my blade cut through a section of trees. When I reappeared, my sword was surrounded by a purple aura, signaling my readiness to perform another sword form once again.

...

As I moved swiftly through the lush forest, the sound of my blade echoed loudly. I was testing out a new move, the <(Sword Dance 7th form, Lunar Rabbit Hop's)>, which allowed me to jump on wind currents with force and power. My blade then gained momentum as I moved through the sky, swinging my blade downwards to ground a wave of arched wind pressure demolished the ground below. Whilst getting down towards the ground I was thinking as to how apply this in combat, It would be good for traveling and escaping but combat wise the sword momentum was all it currently had to offer. As the remaining water from my flask quenched my satiated thirst I was reminded that going down to go get some water from a nearby village. After practicing the move a few more times, I went in the direction of the shack.

Upon entering the shack, Darius woke up and appeared to be eating dried fruit.

"So are you ready to show your skills?" I questioned.

"Yes, of course!" he enthusiastically replied.

After looking out the window he then confusedly spoke, "Wow, it's definitely quiet for a morning where are the bird noises?"

I laughed. "You trained all night and fell asleep outside, in the morning I had to pick you up. It's evening already," I laugh.

"Then what are we doing, we're wasting precious time! Come on I'll show you what I've learnt!" he hurriedly spoke.

"Let's go then" I gestured to the nearest empty ground.

...

<HA!>, dodging another slow sword swing I went on the counter attack using the back of my blade as to not damage the sword. Darius who was shocked by the increase in speed immediately ducked before lunging forwards and attempting to impale me, seeing the attack from a mile away I jumped into the air just as it was about to hit.

Floating in the air for a split second I whacked the top of Darius's head making him cry out.

"Hey! What was that for! This was supposed to be training, not hitting me!" He complained whilst massaging his pained head.

"You must train to not get hit then eh?" I chuckled.

"So, what do you think. Am I ready to learn Innate energy and sword forms?" Darius asked curiously.

"Well, Maybe after another days worth of practice. It took me a few months to have my slashed on point but it seem like you have much more talent." I replied.

"Really!, That's amazing!" He exclaimed joyously.

"Then! off I go! I have to go practice then!" He yelled.

"Not yet, we're running out of water so we have to go some from the nearby village we saw when we were climbing up" I yelled back at the sword swinging figure in the distance.

...

"So, how will we get down if it would take us 2 days? We already don't have water and I doubt that I could survive another day without it " contemplated Darius.

"It's easy," I replied

"What do you mean Master Hikaru?" he confusedly asked.

"Here, grab onto my back" I told him

"Okay?, But I still don't see how-HEY HEY I DON'T WANT TO DIE EARLY!. he wailed.

I had jumped with Darius on my back, this of course was the easiest way for us to travel down the mountain. Ignoring Darius's screams of terror I could spot a huge village about 100km away, positioning my body I used <(Sword Dance 7th form, Lunar Rabbit Hop's)> without my sword as I started to blitz my way forwards to the village.

Landing someways away from, the big village Darius started complaining.

"Why didn't you warn me Master?!" Darius's horse voice huffed, his hair disheveled from the raging winds.

Smirking I led the way to the village gates with a complaining Darius in tow.

"Halt! State your business" one of the guardsmen stated.

"We are ronin travelers" I somewhat lied.

"Well then, could I have both of your names?" Inquired the guard taking out a small scroll and a pot of ink ready to right our names down.

"Yeah, I'm Kenzō and my younger brother is Aoi" I replied.

"Alright then, the toll is 10 coins each" the guard replied as he finished writing our names down.

"But that's - Sure thing" I replied back stopping Darius from continuing his talking.

Getting ourselves into trouble may alert the shogun, talking back to guards especially ones of big villages could have you speaking to the shogun. Handing the guard 20 coins we made our way into the village. Darius's eyes seeming lighting up at the sight of the blacksmith, but I had a premonition.

0