The Unexpected Encounter
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:

"" = Speech

<> = Other actions

<(B)> = Techniques

(I am dead tired, I've been using the extra days to plan chapters and stuff.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I rubbed my eyes as I woke, looking around the room Darius came into view. It looked like he was meditating and was attempting to control his energy. Having unlocked his innate energy yesterday, he had been spending every available minute in order to train with it. Walking up to the curtains and opening them, a bright ray of light landed straight in Darius's closed eyes making them open and squint in pain from then directed heat.

 

"What was that for?!" He yelled out, moving locations and rubbing his pained eyes, "I just had a feeling that I was going to be able to activate my energy again!"

 

I let out a laugh. "We don't have time for that, we have to get going"

 

"Why's that?" He asked, puzzled.

 

"Ever since those clones tracked and attacked us yesterday, I have a bad feeling that if we stay here any longer, they'll be able to find us again and come after us." I continued, "We can practice once we are back up on the mountain where it's safer."

 

"Alright," he muttered, "But I want your word that you'll help me with it."

 

"Definitely, definitely. Now, let's get going," I replied.

 

Making our way out of the village with our two back baskets filled with what would help us survive, I had a strange feeling of foreboding. It felt like the one I'd felt yesterday, it reeked of malice and rage, but before I could dwell on it for too long, it had passed.

 

...

 

We walked through the bright forest as birds sang cheerful melodies around us, while Darius trailed behind swinging his wooden sword absently.

 

Suddenly he asked "Master Hikaru?"

 

"Yes?" I answered, enjoying the fresh smelling air.

 

"How do you really make the actual sword forms and incorporate your innate energy into them?"

 

Taken aback by his smart answer I replied, "Well, first you must have a base form for your sword forms to originate from, mine is based on the <Standard Eight Wheel Pattern>.

Then after that, you must learn to link your own innate energy into them in order to make them true sword forms."

 

"Wait, so if one attach their energy to their own sword techniques, does that the sword they use it with can gain some of the special qualities of their innate energy?" His voice was full of curiosity.

 

"I'm not sure," I said slowly. "I myself have a unique transformation, but I haven't seen if it will affect my sword yet."

 

"Master, you have something so special!? Could you show me when we get back to the mountain?" He begged in excitement.

 

"As I said, we can try it out when we're back at the mountain. You should make the most out of this beautiful forest while we're here."

 

"Alright then" Darius replied as he sheathed his wooden sword in it's sheaf and looked around the forest trail.

 

 

"Get down!" I shouted.

 

As soon as the words left my mouth a large <BOOM!!!> planted itself into my ears. The sound of rubble falling from the cracked ground crackled. Darius was protected as I shielded him, protective purple membrane surrounding me.

 

A voice echoed through the dust cloud that had formed in the wake of the destruction.

 

"So, is this the boy who managed to kill my younger brother?" said the voice.

 

"Yes," I said firmly. "What of it?"

 

The voice laughed. "I'm just surprised," they said mockingly. "A weakling like you shouldn't have been able to do it. But mistakes do happen—you're living proof."

 

"Darius, go hide," I commanded him, my instinct yelling at me that this would be a tough fight.

 

I activated my <Demon Mode> readying myself for what was to come. Finally, the dust cleared enough for me to see who that it was the same person as those clones yesterday; wearing a grey outfit and a smirk on his face like the clones from yesterday did.

 

He then cleared his throat stepping closer towards me.

"Allow me to introduce myself," he began. "My name is Hagane Kurōn. Now die!"

 

My sword held high and my energy encompassing it, I lunged forward towards him, ducking low to evade his initial punch in time before attempting to slice him in half through his torso. Suddenly multiple silver colored fists came into view, dashing backwards I took a closer look at his hand; it seemed to have many arms sprouting from the same place.

 

"Do you like this cool gimmick?" he teased, "Don't worry, this isn't the only technique I've reserved for you"

 

I ran forward, clashing with his flurry of fists and jabs. I tried to keep up, but his rapid fists outnumbered my singular sword. Then, before I could lose, I used my <(Sword Demon Dance 1st Form: the Crescent Dash)>. Spinning around his faced grimaced in pain as he tried to stop the bleeding in a his waist area, then with seemingly great pain he had split himself in two. Acting fast, I lunged at him with a flurry of slashes.

 

He then murmured, "<(Metal Manifold 5th Form: Magnesium Myriad!)>".

 

His hand turned a silver hue as it blocked my blade's path to his neck. I had reacted quickly, but not fast enough—the sword slightly cracked under the pressure of his grip, as he delivered a heavy punch to my stomach. Blood trickled from the corners of my mouth as all the air escaped my lungs, as I was blasted head first into the distant ground.

 

"So" he said joyfully, "Do you give up? Will you hand yourself in and make thing easier? I wouldn't like there to be any unnecessary blood spilled, don't you agree?"

 

With a mighty roar my blood crusted head left the ground with my purple hued sword whistling through the air catching him by surprise, impaling this so called Hagane Kurōn and sending him flying into the vibrant foliage.

 

Vibrations then came from beneath my feet, my <Demon Mode> alerting me of a danger. Picking up Darius's dropped wooden sword I tactfully used <(Sword Demon Dance 5th Form: Lunar Lambaste)> as I jumped skyward. Peering down I saw numerous clones had broken from the earth's surface the moment my feet left it. Taking advantage of their brief daze I imbued my next attack with innate energy and went on the offensive, raining down a heavy lunar lambaste. The clones tried to escape, yet they were no match for my quick, empowered and wide spread lambaste.

 

As a purple mist leaked from my eyes, I searchingly scanned for Hagane Kurōn and the hidden Darius. Movement at the corner of my vision caught my eye, so I concentrated upon it until I made out what it was: My speedy attacker bleeding profusely whistle grasping an unconscious Darius by his robes. Deactivating my <Demon Mode> I began bulldozing my way through the trees and foliage with reinforced innate energy powering me through. Raw anger rolling off of me as I approached upon their location swiftly.

 

...

 

As the path of blood ended I cam across the entrance to a dark cave. My heart raced as I saw some of the same blood at the entrance of the cave flecked with shiny pieces of metal. If anyone had done anything to Darius, I would make anyone else involved as well as Hagane Kurōn pay for it. Drawing blood as my nails dub into my palm, I dangerously walked into the damp cavern; as my eyes shone with a mysterious gleam.

0