Intresting Shock
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:

"" = Speech

<(B)> = Techniques

(Author note: Sorry for the late release once again, I'm kinda trying out the publish timer thing that posts chaps automatically and well it didn't work out well for me. So then after a while I found out that it didn't post so yeah, here we are)

______________________________________________________________________

As the High Guard's dark brown aura became visible around his body, my gaze instantly focused on him. His sword had changed into a rocky composition with pieces of copper and iron steel exoskeleton. He shifted into a position, and his new earth-based armor also moved with him.

"That's quite an interesting ability you have there, buddy," I commented.

"Take a good look," he waved the sword in front of me. "It'll be the last thing you see."

"Maybe so," I replied.

As his figure erupted in more innate energy he roared,"NOW, die with honor at my hands!, <(Terra Blade 5th Form: Ethereal Earth Orbit!)>".

Instantly, the blade split in two, levitated and swirled around him, bringing rocks to add to the weapon's strength. I quickly leaped back dodging a swift attack and landed near Darius as the High Guard was attracting more minerals and growing stronger.

"Here," I said, covering him in my innate energy to protect him. "Try to stay out of this fight, and activate your own innate energy to disrupt mine, it'll tell me if anyone else comes near you."

Then, as he gave a quick nod I sprang back into action with my own sword, encased in a purple outline. Going for a wide ranged attack I voiced, "<(Sword Dance 5th Form Lunar Lambaste)>", leaping towards the huge stalactites rising from the cave's ceiling. Digging my feet into them with more of my inner power, I prepared for an attack I had just spotted from the corners of my eyes. I dived off the stalactite as his quick spinning circle of minerals flew towards me, as I began falling rapidly towards the ground. Waving my blade with an incredible speed, creating huge webs that hurtled downward at alarming rates. As my attack hit the Earth, a blurred figure suddenly burst up from the thick smoke it created.

It was the high guard; he had used his quick spinning circle move to protect himself against my powerful assault. He then lunged for me in mid-air, but his defensive energy couldn't save him. In a split second, I activated my <Demon Mode> and unleashed "<(Sword Demon Dance 1st Form, Crescent Dash)>". Transforming into a purple flash I managed to cut through his armor, faster than he could react. On solid land once more, I looked around. Thankfully, no one seemed to have yet heard of the commotion from this fight.

Using my enhanced vision, I searched for the High Guard's position. As I crept closer to the smoldering crater, I saw the body of the dormant High Guard lying there. Even though I had expanded my senses in case something was wrong, I still almost missed a slash with a silver blade. When I looked back at the now crumbling copy of the High Guard, he was limping towards me. His reinforced armor had numerous fractures, one of them right near his stomach. As his helmet disintegrated away from his face, his long brown hair exposed his downcast expression.

"Do it," he said softly, his light brown eyes appearing empty.

Confused, I inquired "What do you mean?"

"Just kill me!" he shouted in anguish.

"Why?" I asked, not having encountered a problem like this before.

He yelled out desperately once more "WHY?! Because I don't like it here, none of us do! We were made to be here! He forced us all here, he forced me!"

"Tell me everything" I requested while simultaneously motioning for Darius to join me. My mind raced with thoughts—I needed information on this Hagane very quickly.

...

When he finished speaking, I replied "So that's the problem."

It seemed as if this mysterious Hagane was one of the two students training under the second-in-command; apparently he was haughty and cunning enough to order everyone around through his status alone and kill anyone who disagreed to his orders along with their family and loved ones, without consequence.

I asked the man a few more questions: "Where can I find him?"

"The biggest window at the front of the palace, and it's the only one in his room," he said, pointing. His tears had all dried up.

"Thank you for your help; in turn I will spare your life," I replied.

"Thank you, kind sir. May I ask your name?" he mumbled.

"You may call me Getsume," I answered as I put on my purple oni mask and fastened its leather straps. "It would be better if you told no one about this," I added.

"Of course, sir." He spoke hastily.

Darius then yelled out, "Master, people are coming to our location! I think they heard our fight!"

"Let's go then," I responded.

After placing Darius on my back and sheathing my iron sword we jumped onto the closest 150 meter tall stalagmite and infused more innate energy into my hands before leaping away. Looking back, I saw that the royal guard had left the scene completely as about eighteen grey-robed samurai raced over to investigate what could have caused such an altercation.

We hopped from stalagmite to stalagmite until we reached the palace; since most guards had been sent off after our commotion earlier, security here wasn't as tight as usual. After a bit of scouting around the palace for any weak spots, it became clear that the second in command didn't know about this secret place and was forcing some samurai from the Shogun's Iron Army to work for him in his underground town. Working quickly - knowing that now every single guard would return to their positions - we sneaked onto Hagane' s balcony and peered through his window. But we only discovered his sleeping body, it seemed that he was fast asleep; most probably tired from the earlier fight, injury and run.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, I concentrated my energy into a small knife that I had taken from the High Guard. With no sound I managed to create an entrance in the glass wall of the room. Inside, there was an abundance of metallic decor that could bring me great wealth if sold. I instructed Darius to take all of the metals. Suddenly, as I pulled out the random katana I had stolen; a deep purple gleam entered my eyes.

Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke from my mouth, "Not bad. At this rate I may be getting control of your body quite soon". Then my hand unconsciously made its way over his face without seemingly any control from me. My mouth then unconsciously whispered something about death. A silvery current coming from his' s face then began to be absorbed by a royal purple light coming from my palm, after all of it was absorbed Hagane' s eyes rolled back white. Regaining a more deeper level of consciousness as well as control over my body,  instantly connected all of the dots I instantly froze. The revelation striking me like a thunderbolt falling from a stormy sky.

0