???
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:

"" = Speech

<(B)> = Techniques

_______________________________________________

I yelled at the boy running away to come down from the mountain, but my demands didn't seem to discourage him. Unexpectedly, he descended from above wielding an iron sword and launched a sudden attack. Before any of us could react, his blade emitted a purple beam that destroyed the surrounding landscape while causing casualties among my men. Upon landing and creating a crater on solid ground, he swiftly punched one of our nearest samurais in the face with his fist enveloped in purple energy. Seeing this devastation unfold before me, I ordered my samurai to gather and confront him. Having seen the boy expending much energy already during battle, I believed it would be an easy fight for us. However, once again I was proven wrong as this young man effortlessly swung his blade and decapitated what remained of our samurai army with an innate energy infused strike.

After exchanging some words with me atop his stoic expression mask-like face , we engaged in combat. As he attempted to strike at my head with his weapon,I adeptly dodged the immediate point-blank attack retaliating successfully by landing several hits; yet confusion flickered across his  face when they passed through without making contact. Engineering full use out of the kids momentary bewilderment my blade made solid contact with the boys arm drawing blood. Afterwards, the young warrior withdrew from battling, halted being motionless and then brandished his sword.

Sparks emerged violently flew out of our energy infused strikes clash. Then displaying his incredibly nimble evasiveness he managed avoiding every swing projected by my  pole-arm, glaive. When our intense clash came to a pause, raised hands encompassing steely blue aura cradling wield powerful weapon as I valiantly charged towards the recovering kid .

Regrettably, he had foreseen this maneuver and skillfully disarmed me of my glaive. Fixating on the sight of my weapon soaring through the air, I summoned all the strength and innate energy within me to leap after it and snatch it mid-flight. Just as I secured its grip, the boy appeared right beside me with his blade reaching for my neck. Acting swiftly, I snapped my fingers just moments before his sword could make contact with me, propelling him backwards in a gruesome heap.

"Well," I remarked while peering down at him, "that was quite an arduous battle indeed; wouldn't you agree?" after a bit of silence I responded, "Hey kid, are you alright?" Regrettably that wasn't intended - the emperors wanted you alive ." A smirk crept across my lips.

The wounded figure before me then rose up revealing the scars carved into his flesh—a result from employing my ability to mark individuals temporarily causing cut-like injuries when released.

Convinced that our confrontation concluded due to both superior ability and unconventional power in my hands, I approached closer uttering in hushed tones: "So young one. How does it feel? Do you believe that you stand a chance? Don't make me laugh"

My inquiry exacerbated only by clenching fists visible upon his angered expression. Suddenly collapsing onto the ground,the confusion swept over my face which was followed by teeth grinding. If I had killed the Emperor's prey their verdict would be grave. Out of no where I heard thumping sounds, looking towards the source of noise I glanced at the kid, his veins suddenly ignited glowing with a purple energy coursing vigorously

With caution, I cautiously picked up my weapon from the ground and activated my silvery blue innate energy as a precaution. Suddenly, a brilliant purple light shot up into the sky like a pillar of light from where the kid was standing. The kid emerged from it, fully healed with an intimidating aura surrounding him. Irritated, I propelled myself off by channeling my energy to the soles of my feet while swinging my glaive towards his arms with maximum velocity in mind. Unexpectedly, an unseen blade intercepted mine to prevent any harm. Although it halted me momentarily, it wouldn't deter me from achieving my goal. With great forcefulness, I broke through defense and shattered the boy's blade; pleased with this accomplishment, I drove my glaive towards his arms once more. But fate had different plans in store. As he disappeared before me like a ghost fading into misty air, the aura in the air intensified. Looking behind revealed no sign of his presence. Finally, eager after about one minute or so remaining on guard, a figure caught attention. The young kid reappeared out of thin air amidst clouds of violet miasma upon clouds rolling off him.

He grabbed hold firmly onto my finely crafted sword, distorting everything within moments. Then,giving rise to such thunderous roar that made even moon seem brighter than ever,his mist gradually vanished.Leaving behind someone entirely transformed. Wearing dark robes tinted shades of purplish black, he now bore blank eyes exuding plum colored waves of surrealistic vapors.

With hair now flowing energetically amid strange forces at play,"So!"he called.out,in demonic voice."What information do you possess?"

Smirking I replied, "Who do you think you are? You are to be captured alive and delivered to emperors, you have no right to speak" I finished with a spat.

Not finding contentment from retort, he swiftly materialized a sleek purple katana in his hands. Then he ponderously stated, "So be it, I'll kill you and go visit my brothers and sisters after extracting what I need from your soul"

Perplexed, I questioned "Huh? Could it really that you suffered from excessively severe head trauma?"

Clearly displeased with my response, he immediately charged toward me wielding his new sword. As he swung it in my direction, the lifelessness of his eyes sent a chilling shiver down my spine. Dodging multiple near-decapitations and bloodshed, I couldn't help but ponder if this was truly the same person who had been rendered unconscious earlier—it seemed as though something within him had shifted drastically.

. . .

As I woke up in the cozy cabin, my gaze shifted towards Hikaru's sleeping area. He was probably preparing breakfast for us. Exiting the bedroom and entering the dining area, feeling a bit disoriented, I scanned around hoping to find my older brother. Suddenly, shock washed over me like crashing waves as realization hit - he had left without me to confront an army pursuing him. Worry consumed my heart as I turned to look at the mountain edge only to witness its devastated landscape. Helplessness weighed upon me heavily; there wasn't much I could do in this situation. Recalling some breathing exercises taught to me by big bro Hikaru that helped bring tranquility, I calmed myself, unconsciously engaging with my innate energy from within. My eyes opened after feeling a cool sensation and was surprised by what transpired – instead of its original white blue color blend – now it held a grayish tinge mixed with blue hues. I longed to ask Hikaru what this color change meant but then remembered his absence.

0