CH. 4 – Don’t Resist
542 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm you," the being made out of threads growled.

"No! That's impossible! I'm normal!" Harry shouted in denial. He didn't want any of this. He just wanted people to accept him. Not what ever this thing was.

"I'm you," it repeated, "You were never normal, you are something… more. To accept me, means I accept you. You must accept yourselves to be grater than those… muggles," it drawled.

Harry could see its sharpened teeth for every word it said. That thing was not him! It was just his imagination! It doesn't exist! I hate it!

The creature engulf the entire room into darkness, leaving a flickering light above Harry. It responds to Harry's thoughts, "Exactly. I exist because you hate me. Because you hate… magic." It grins.

"Magic isn't real. Magic isn't real…" the repeated words turned into a mumble when Harry squatted down and rubs his hair as a comfort.

It puts its hand on Harry's chin and tilted Harry's head towards its eyes. "Magic is as real as I am. Why do you think those despicable excuses of human beings hated magic? They're afraid of you. Of your power. Make them pay, and you will never serve under them again. No more burnt hands. No more cupboard. No more cleaning." It clenched its hand. "No more will they breathe."

"MAGIC IS NOT REAL!" In a burst of accidental magic, Harry managed to suppress the creature back into his body. While in doing so, the room cracked in a spider web originating from Harry's feet. A section of the mirror had shattered, leaving Harry with his right side of the reflection.

From the reflection, Harry could see his glowing toxic green eye with black sclera. It whispered to him, "As real as what you had done." and his eye turn back to normal.

The school's bells rung, but it didn't stop. Along with it, the principal's voice was heard. "Everyone! Evacuate!" After regaining his senses, Harry got out of the toilet and go along the surge of students. Harry reached outside and find a secluded spot and sat down. After half an hour, they come out with a megaphone. "Everyone is safe! No one had been injured and the damage towards the school was minimal besides in the boy's toilet! School's off for today!"

Harry stayed shaded under a tree until he saw the Dursley's car. When he was about to get in the car, Uncle Vernon peek out of the driver's seat window and shouted at Harry, "This was because of you isn't it! I just know it."

'Like every time the remote was misplaced?' Harry scoffed.

"You walk back home, Boy!" Uncle Vernon continued. Dudley slammed the door close while Harry was still in the door's path. That caused him to get knocked down and his nose to bleed. Great. Just great. The car left Harry in its dust. Not that he didn't expect it. It wasn't the first time, and this won't be the last.

After he got back to the Dursley's home, Uncle Vernon had locked him in the cupboard for "costing Dudley his education". When, in reality, said person was playing with Piers outside like nothing had happened. Harry knows, if met with the option, Dudley would rather not school at all. He wouldn't want to go to school with Dudley and letting his grade suffer. Either that or his own torment by all three Dursley.

A day passed and there were no sign of the Dursley opening the cupboard. He had never been this long without the Dursley opening the cupboard and letting him feed and drink, even if for a bite and a gulp.

Another day flew and the locked door of the cupboard was still left untouched, had they given up on him? He was too much of a freak for them, wasn't he? Why does he have to be born a freak?

On the third day, Harry had no more energy to move. Harry's mind was blurred from one depressing thought to the next, forgetting the previous after the next. Slowly, he began to hate everything. Hate his parents, who died and left him with the Dursley. Hate the Dursley. Hate everyone who didn't notice his suffering. Hate the entire neighborhood. Hate. Hate. Hate. That was what his thoughts had turned into in agony. That was until he remembered the incident at the school's toilet three days ago.

"I-I'm sorr-ry," said Harry. His mouth was rusty from thirst. "Please-please he-lp me."

The creature extends from Harry's legs and floats above him. Its toxic green fog eyes drilled into his. "Then do not resist."

Harry nods to the creature. He'll agree to a demon if it means he could stop feeling hunger and thirst.

Black strands and mist rose from Harry and submerge him. Harry was now in the back seat. He could see what it was doing with his… body? He wasn't the one who was in control now. It felt… reliving. The thirst and hunger was numbed at the moment. Harry believed he could suppress the creature—his freakishness—but he didn't want to. He no longer wanted to suppress it.

He saw his tormentor's family estate crushed and scattered. Furthermore, he saw Piers, Dennis, Gordon, and Malcolm's soul sucked out of their body. He saw every death in Privet Drive. He saw it flattened Privet Drive… and his school. Not only that, but he saw it do these horrendous acts and all he found was satisfaction. They didn't care about him, so why should he care for them. An inkling of thought that this whole thing was wrong was silenced.

After it flattened the entirety of Privet Drive and his school. It took flight on Britain's night sky. It didn't stop as it crossed the English Channel. Harry had lulled asleep watching the waves. He didn't know where they'll go, but he felt safer with it than with anyone in his life. He had always been alone, but now he found comfort in its presence.

22