Chapter 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the 200 000 000th year of the BVI (Before Vanessa Imielska) calendar, the Creator of Heaven and Earth called forth all to look upon the new creature that was Man, who had something that the angels did not, a place of their own.
An unusual event occurred in the mind of one angel at that gathering of eyes, a jealousy began to stir within his, and he formed his own opinion, independent of God, and he, with his new followers, began to plot at that very moment for humanity’s destruction.
Immediately, and for the first time ever, he gathered separate those with one-mind, that is, they who shared with Satan’s envious hatred of Man, from the others more devout, and together they used the ‘gift’ bestowed upon them by God collectively, and hurled down a curse to wreck havoc upon the universe, which manifested in the form of a planet-hopping plague.
When the disobedient angel had done this, he left the crowd, and, his head buried in his hand, he leaned over the edge of heaven, and peaked at the very first infected planet below with horror.
“What have I done?” he said, and turned back to his accomplices. “We should go to war. No, we must go to war. Perhaps He would not notice our mistake if we distract Him with civil war.”
“Ah, is it you, Satan?” cried a voice approaching them. “What’s the matter? And why have you separated yourself from your brethren?”
“Nothing,” replied the angel anxiously, and he lowered his head away from the shining light that was God. He sighed with considerable resignation, but then within a breath he hardened his heart and said bitterly, “I see that Man is not like the angels.”
“And so, in fact, Man is not.”
“Except you said that Man was made in your image and your likeness.”
“That is correct.”
Satan looked cross, and said, shivering with vexation, “Excuse me God, but how can it be that this vile creature is like You and the angels?”
“You need not be jealous, Satan; I have given you eternal life in Heaven. What more do you want?”
Satan retreated a step or two, and thought for a moment, “I wish that Man did not exist.”
The angels nearby him gasped.
“Then it is good for Man that I am his God. Part from me, Satan, lest others copy your foolery.”
Satan looked around him, and then, drawing the other angels who had helped him closer, he said, suddenly, “Does God not want to debate me? Or can He not defend this new creature’s existence? He only wishes to silence His critics!”
“If you had not gone behind my back and used the ‘gift’ I have given you against me, then I would have been more tolerant of your foolishness. That which you have spoiled you may live in until you have learned your lesson.”
“I have not done anything to your creation,” Satan said, and he drew further away in fear.
At this very moment the floors of heaven separated, and Satan was hurled into the dark space below. He fell at such a speed toward the plagued planet that had there been an observer to his descent then they would have seen nothing but a narrow beam of light the length of which stretched all the way from the top to the bottom of the universe.
When the fallen angel opened his eyes, he saw the light of heaven for the last time retreat into the closing hole. Satan and the other angels that had followed him into exile, who were twelve in total, looked around them in despair.
One of the twelve fallen angels approached Satan, and said, “What are we to do now?”
Satan turned very red; and then he sighed, and said, “What is there to do, but rot on this very rock we have cursed. Oh, what have we done, us fools? I feel nothing but shame in the core of my being.”
“We should do what we must to get back into heaven,” said another angel.
They all looked anxiously at Satan.
“I want nothing more than to destroy Man,” said Satan, and he stood up, turning to the faint white speck in the infinite blackness, and pointed at it. “It is too much for me to bear this shame in my heart. Why am I bad? Why have I been punished?”
“How will you go against God?” his companion said incredulously.
“I will lead them astray like sheep.”
“An indirect approach,” sneered another. “But what about this plague? It has barely begun consuming this planet. At this rate, Mankind will find a way to avoid it before this leprosy will reach them. Oh, the shame!”
“We have all the time in the world,” said Satan. “All we have to do is wait for this curse to spread throughout this realm until it reaches the planet of our enemy.”
“That would be a solid plan,” interrupted a voice from Heaven. “But unfortunately, it won’t work.”
The fallen angels cried, and huddled together out of fear.
“And why is that?” Satan hissed.
“Because by the time this curse reaches Earth, the Imielska will have been born.”
“The Imielska?”
“There will be born a beautiful human girl who will be blessed with my ‘gift’ to cleanse the universe of this evil that you have unleashed.”
“Why are you telling us this?” Satan asked. “I am a vile creature and you have proven thus.”
“Because I love you, and I want you to see the error of your ways. Can you not see that this endeavour is futile?”
“How can anything be not futile in the presence of an omnipotent being. I yield,” he curtsied facetiously.
“Omnipotent? Do you think that if I were not to interfere further that your mission to destroy humanity would be successful?”
“If you promise, Lord, not to interfere further, I will surely corrupt this Imielska. But if you choose to interfere then there is no question, and again, I say I yield.”
“I will not interfere, except to say that the consequences of your curse will at no point kill a man. You may try to corrupt the Imielska and prevent her from fulfilling her divine mission. But I ask that you respect her life: do not take it. If she dies, you die a thousand deaths, and your death will be eternal and far from the gates of Heaven, in a pit of fire where no man without my help is freed.”
“We have a deal,” Satan said, and he turned back to his companions. “We will make them come and find their demise,” he said, and he stretched out his arms in triumph. “We have knowledge, my brothers, knowledge; knowledge will be the undoing of this vile species. Let us infect Man with our evil.”
The fallen angels were roused into action, and they used the last of their heavenly essence to fly to Earth; they followed Satan, the one they soon were to call the God Mother of their new galactic empire.

0