Chapter 29 – Asgardian tech?
171 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 28!

I'm almost done with the re-edition of Chapter 2 from my Original Novels. It should be done by today, or maybe tomorrow if I don't have enough time today. We'll see how it goes!

See you next week, for those of you not reading my original novel!

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-If you want to see some illustrations of places, characters, etc. from my novels, go check my Instagram: www.instagram.com/calmwandereroriginal/

 

-Planetary Tier patrons: 'Angelo Meßmer' for the second month. Thank you very much for your support!

-Free patrons:  'Eduardo Tolentino', 'ya_smerti' and 'Dylanshadow'. You guys are great!

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (12+ advanced chapters available)

 

Enjoy the read! :)

 

If you wish to read a similar type of novel, I'm writing an original novel in my own created universe: The Knight's Multiverse. The name of the novel is '[The Knight’s Multiverse] - A Knight’s Journey: A Cultivator's Journey in a Superhuman’s Modern World'.

Synopsis:

After Damian Knight sacrificed himself to save a woman and her daughter, he gets reincarnated in a parallel Earth with three Perks by an unknown Entity. Using those Perks to help himself and his loved ones grow stronger, he will have to deal with many threats on his journey, whether the ‘Superheroes’ in the light or the Underworld (Crime Syndicate) in the dark. Fortunately, a few key people will help him on his journey, helping him embark on his cultivation's path in this Universe.

‘Choices have consequences.’

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/791503-the-knights-multiverse--a-knights-journey-a-cultivators-journey-in-a-superhumans-modern-world/chapter/792126/

**************************

South Brooklyn, NYC, USA.
 
Ben's P.O.V.
 
Once she was done with the injection, she put away the item before continuing her explanation. “The pistol is specially made for 'normal' Novice Level Supes. Otherwise, a normal needle would have a hard time penetrating our skins.” As time passed, Ben could feel a growing itchiness where his injuries were located.
 
He could easily guess that the sensation was simply his body working in overdrive to heal itself, and thus did not make a fuss about it. Instead, he listened to Nat's following words. “As I said earlier, the technology is in its infancy. Sort of.” She paused slightly before continuing. “This particular serum is loosely based on Asgardian technology.”
 
Cocking his eyebrow, Ben asked with curiosity. “Asgardian as in the Norse mythology?” Nodding her head, the woman replied. “Yep! We've got their prince in the Avengers, who was generous enough to give us some interesting gifts.” “Technology?” “And cultivation techniques.”
 
Feeling baffled for a second at the unfamiliar vocabulary, a vague memory surfaced in his mind, not from his current life but from the previous one. In his recollection, the term cultivation had nothing to do with Norse mythology, but that was the only connection he could make.
 
“Could you... elaborate?” With a knowing smile, she responded. “I knew you'd ask. Oh. and before you ask Marco: Norse Mythology is about the Vikings and their Gods.” As the confusion on the other man's face disappeared at her brief explanation, she continued.
 
“Cultivation techniques are particular techniques used to grow your strength. There are many different types and with different degrees of effectiveness. Because Thor considered the Avengers his own team, you'll get to choose any one of them besides the Royal Family's.”
 
“I get it!” “Awesome! I'll be able to kick Cross' ass easily with those...” “Whose butt are you going to kick, sandboy?” Cross' voice suddenly resounded behind Marco who froze instantly and said. “I was just saying how kick-ass you're gonna get with those techniques!”
 
Shaking his head while wearing a small smile, Cross replied while patting Flint's shoulder. “Good save. But you better watch your mouth next time or I'll kick your ass. Again.” Scratching his cheek with an awkward look, Marco chose to stay silent this time. “So that's why he listens to you?” The silver-eyed man asked.
 
Ben felt suddenly enlightened. He was right all along in thinking that the kid needed a beating to make him understand that the way he talked could very quickly become annoying. “Yes, Boss. He's a good guy, but he just can't watch his mouth unless you make him.”
 
“Good, good. We'll be sparring together in the coming days Marco. Many times.” The silver-eyed man declared while narrowing his eyes in the other man's direction. The latter visibly shivered from the muscular man's stare while the others chuckled at the scene. “Can we... not do that?” Flint asked in an almost begging tone. “It wasn't a question.”
 
The desperate look on the man's face made all the previous frustrations from his attitude disappear from Ben's mind, almost erasing completely the annoying itchiness he felt from healing at a greater speed than his body was used to. His train of thought was however disturbed by Cross' following question.
 
“You were speaking of a... technique? Kate and I couldn't catch the whole thing. We were... preoccupied.” His response made the trio smile before Natalia repeated her explanation to the couple. After she was done, Kate questioned. “Is this... Is this the way you spoke of earlier? I mean the way for me to become a Supe?”
 
Nodding her head, Natalia responded. “Exactly. It won't guarantee your ascension though. You'll need hard work, resources, and talent to get there. Although, the latter can be more or less mitigated by the second. At least as far as I know.” Nodding her head firmly, the blond woman declared. “I'll work hard!”
 
Her words brought a soft smile on the redhead's masked face who replied. “I hope so. For yourself and your team.” Ben then put back on his jacket and asked Natalia. “We can leave now, right?” Nodding her head, she retorted. “We'll go back to that parking lot and wait for...”
 
Her words were suddenly cut off as the voice of the other female SHIELD agent resounded in both Romanov and Parker's respective earpieces. [”25 here. Our colleagues recovered the package. Should we come to get you?”] “Positive. We're still at Tucker Place. We'll wait for you. Over.” [“Copy that. Over.”]
 
“Let's go wait by the road's side.” She instructed before walking calmly toward the road, prompting the others to follow her. While on the short walk, Marco asked. “So, we'll all crash together from now on?” The couple were visibly interested but they did not interrupt. Natalia shook her head and responded.
 
“Not exactly. I'll do my best to get you safe houses close to each other, but there's no guarantee. Especially at such short notice.” Ben asked with curiosity. “Didn't you get me a house in a day or so?” Nodding her head, she stated. “Yes, but it was one house.” Tapping her chin in thought, she then proposed. “Actually, there might be a solution. Not a perfect one, but that'd make things a lot easier and faster.”
 
“What is it?” Cross asked as the group stopped on the sidewalk and started to wait for Agents 25 and 28 to pick them up. “The three of you, and Kate's mother could live in the same house. That way, I will only have to look for one house close to Ben's own safe house.” Nodding his head, Cross claimed. “It'd be better that way. Marco needs someone to look after him, or he might make some mistakes.”
 
“Hey, bro! That ain't fair! I'm a super spy now, so I'll be extra careful.” Flint exclaimed. Cocking his eyebrow at those words, the green-eyed man asked in a deadpan voice. “You're aware that there are witnesses around, right? And you're still yelling so much.” Freezing at the reproach, Flint scratched his cheek, clearly embarrassed at his own behavior. “Sorry 'bout that. I forgot.”
 
Shaking his head, Andrew Cross replied. “That's exactly why we should live in the same house. At least until you learn to control your mouth.” Waving his hands in defeat, the other man retorted. “Fine! You win! I guess I won't be alone anymore...” The last sentence was said in a low tone that Kate would not be able to hear, but the three other physical Supes caught it. However, none of them said anything since they all noticed the man trying to hide the satisfaction he clearly felt behind a disappointed face.
 
'Kids...' Ben thought, amused. The group then fell silent, with only a few words exchanged between each other, mostly originating from the same person. After a few minutes, a black van was seen arriving from the East before parking right in front of the group.
 
Fortunately, the vehicle was not a regular sedan, making it possible for the group of five to get in without much problem. Once everyone was seated, Natalia instructed. “Go to the Moving van location.” “Yes, Ma'am.” Agent 25 responded before driving away toward the parking lot they were at earlier in the afternoon.
 
A few minutes later, the building appeared in their view. Going inside the enclosed parking lot 'sheltering' Ben's family and his friend created a sort of surreal feeling in his heart. 'Around half an hour ago I was shot three times by a sniper and now I'm getting back to my 'normal' life. It's... strange...' He thought while they were moving closer and closer to the Moving van and the bulletproof vehicle.
 
A sudden sensation however shook him up from this unusual state of mind. The Soul Bond he shared with the woman he loved dearly 'moved', or more precisely, he could sense that his wife's emotions were turbulent. 'I didn't pay attention earlier, but it seems that there's a distance limit to the 'emotions sensing' part of the bond...' He thought absentmindedly, as his mind reached for his Soul Mate.
 
On the other side of the link were worry, anger, and guilt among other negative emotions. However, it was swiftly overshadowed by intense happiness, relief, and love when they reached closer. 'She probably felt me coming' He thought amused as he noticed May exiting the car quickly and looking in their direction.
 
Seeing her brought out an unconscious smile, betraying the intense happiness raging inside him at the view. As soon as the vehicle stopped, Ben, who was on the left side of the middle seats, opened the door swiftly and dashed toward the woman waiting for him. Amusingly, he had to decelerate a bit before reaching her since she would not yet be able to bear his 'moving hug'.
 
In any case, he gently embraced her while the woman hugged him back as tight as she could, not noticing the man's injuries yet. Since the two were a bit disproportionate in size, May was almost completely engulfed inside the man's tight grasp, which did not seem to bother her at all.
 
As for Ben, he was busy enjoying her presence and warmth, not only physically but on a soul level due to the bond they shared. It felt magical to him. It was a sensation of completeness that was almost non-existent when the two were too far away from each other. They were never truly alone, though. Not since they bonded. But it was not the same.
 
“I'm home.” He said softly. “Welcome home.” The woman answered in a similar gentle tone. “I missed you.” “I missed you too.” She replied, still not willing to let him go. Not that Ben would complain about it. Kissing briefly the top of her head, he added. “Love, you know there are people around.” He commented while feeling a bit half-awkward, half-happy at their current situation.
 
His gaze was briefly attracted toward the rest of his family coming out of the van with the kids being held back by Madeline. “Thank you.” He mouthed to her, eliciting a beautiful smile and a nod from the usually non-expressive beauty. “I want to stay like this a little bit longer.” May suddenly stated.
 
Caressing his lover's back tenderly, he replied. “If you want, you can sit on my lap for the rest of the trip. What do you say?” “Fine...” She retorted with some slight unwillingness at his implied demand to end the hug. She thus took her arms from his back and he mirrored her action, staring into her eyes for a while, the latter seemingly as fascinated by him as he was by her.
 
The moment was however swiftly broken by one yelling little gremlin who jumped on his legs before rubbing her adorable face against his legs while calling his name repeatedly in tears. She was soon followed by the other two kids, who at least did not cry, lowering his guilt slightly. As for Madeline, she only stopped beside May and grabbed her hand without saying anything.
 
His wife did not protest the gesture but was only focusing on his body. Or more precisely on the bandages covering his body. Letting out a sigh of helplessness, May softly remarked. “You've been hurt again...” Those words grew his guilt further, while his only response was. “It was... Necessary...”
 
Shaking her head at what was clearly a terrible excuse, she instead stated. “At least this time you're not in a coma.” The weak smile on her face and the attempt at humor could not hide what she felt inside, especially with their bond. However, instead of commenting on it, he simply decided to send as much love as he could through their link and made a joking remark.
 
“It looks worse than it really is. I promise that in at most a week, I'll be as good as new.” His assured tone of voice and confident smile turned the woman's fake smile into an amused grin. She thus retorted. “You better not be lying to me.” “Uncle Ben isn't a liar Aunt May!” Gayle exclaimed which made the adults smile. Smile that turned into a chuckle as the little princess added.
 
“But just in case, Uncle Ben you need to pinky promise.” Shaking his head in amusement at her cute antics. While patting the heads of the two oldest kids hugging him, he asked in a mock serious voice. “Should I do it now?” Nodding her head a few times to clearly make sure that she was taken seriously.
 
“Alright, then.” He said while extending his right pinky toward the little girl who stated. “You've got a big pinky, Uncle Ben, so you can pinky promise everyone.” After which, she brought her two older 'siblings', Aunt May and her mother around the tall man. She then instructed them to put their respective pinky on Ben's and for Ben to reiterate his previous promise.
 
After they were done, with everyone having a smile on their face, the silver-eyed man asked Gayle, in a curious tone of voice. “Why did you make me pinky promise with everyone?” His question prompted a look of 'isn't it obvious?' from the little girl who responded. “We're all family. So if you make a promise, you have to do it with everyone. No favorite.”

 

7