第2章 入伙 Chapter 2: Joining
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The speed of the pirate ship is not fast; even in downwind, the speed is probably only about ten knots. Slowly, Long Yufei got acquainted with almost everyone on the ship, except for the young pirate who threatened him; he still treated him with no pretense; the rest of the pirates were quite respectful.

From the mouth of these pirates, Long Yufei also learned the origin of this group of pirates; they were initially civilians living in the coastal area, although their lives were poor, it was still decent. But because of the ban on the sea, they went to sea to fish privately, and as a result, they were discovered by the government. To avoid the government, they had to go to sea to find a way out. In the end, in order to survive, they had to become pirates.

Long Yufei knew that because the Manchu Qing government successively issued the sea-moving order and the sea-banning order, the prosperous coastal areas were destroyed in one fell swoop. Many people who couldn't make it through fled to the Nanyang region. However, these people who fled to Nanyang did not live a good life. Not only did they have to be oppressed by the Western colonists, but the local Aborigines also oppressed them. Life was very difficult! Many of them chose to be pirates. Of course, the final fate of these pirates was also highly tragic. With the development of science and technology, Western powers have intensified their aggression against China and the entire East. Pirates active in the South China Sea will also be encircled and suppressed by Western powers, and eventually, they will be wiped out.

The leader of this group of pirates is named Luo Sangu. According to Huzi, their leader was Luo Sangu's father, but three years ago, Boss Luo was hit by a foreigner's artillery during an operation. His whole body was blasted with blood and flesh and did not last long before he died. For the survival of the entire group, Luo Sangu stepped forward and became the leader of the pirates. At that time, she was only seventeen years old. However, the tiger father has no sons or daughters. Luo Sangu, who grew up on the sea since she was a child, does not know how to do needlework, but she is very proficient in sailing a boat and killing enemies with a knife. The other pirates greatly admired Sangu Luo, so they accepted her leadership. Aunt Luo also has a younger brother, who is only thirteen or fourteen years old, and now stays in their lair.

Huzi was a seventeen or eighteen-year-old young pirate named Li Hu, who was very friendly to Long Yufei. As for the pirate who was hostile to Long Yufei, his name was Chen San, and he had a high status among all the pirates.

After a day and a night, the pirate ship landed on a deserted coast.

"Mr. Long, this is Luzon. After you get on shore and head north, you will be able to reach a small city with many Chinese. Once you get there, you will be safe! However, I hope you won't tell anyone about meeting us. Otherwise, even if you escape to the ends of the earth, I won't let you go!" Luo Sangu said to Long Yufei.

Long Yufei was a little hesitant. He was just a pure technical geek. Let him live alone in the first half of the 18th century, especially in a place like Luzon Island. Fend for itself!

"Long, get off the boat!" Chen San scolded Long Yufei when he saw Long Yufei standing still!

"Uh, this, Miss Luo, I have nowhere else to go; I wonder if I can join you?" Long Yufei asked. Anyway, now he had nowhere to go, and after his observation, this group of pirates did not look like the kind of vicious bad guys, and if he stayed with them, he might have had better chances of surviving.

Third, Aunt Luo couldn't help frowning. Those who are pirates are doing the business of licking blood with knives, and their heads may fall to the ground one day. Long Yufei looks like a scholar who has no strength to restrain a chicken; can he also be a pirate?

Haha! You little Boy, can you hold a knife? Can you kill people? I also want to be a pirate, but look at you!' Chen San laughed loudly! The rest of the pirates also looked at Long Yufei with doubt. In their opinion, no learned man wants to be a pirate!

Long Yufei rolled his eyes and said: 'I can use a musket!' He knew that these pirates would not let him join if he didn't show a particular ability!

"Huzi, bring that musket!" Sangu Luo said.

"Yes, master!" Li Hu responded, ran into the cabin, and quickly came out with a musket

Long Yufei looked at the musket in Luo Hu's hand and curled his lips in disdain. He recognized this musket as the standard equipment of the British Army, the Burka rifle. This is a smoothbore gun that the British Army only began to equip troops in 1800. Although it has been thirty years now, it is still the primary rifle of the British Army.

The Burka rifle uses a round projectile, front-loaded, and the bolt is flintlock. The maximum range is two hundred meters, but the effective range is only a maximum of one hundred meters. After more than 100 meters, there is no lethality to the human body.

Long Yufei finished the rifle and began to operate it. Although he was not familiar with it, it was still decent. Soon, after getting ready, Long Yufei aimed at a seabird on the shore.

'Bang!' A gunshot rang out, and the seabird, who was about 50 meters away from them, fell to the ground. This made Long Yufei very fortunate. Fortunately, the craftsmanship has not recovered. Otherwise, it would not be very good. When he was in the military training, his marksmanship was very top-notch. The instructors who trained him said that it would be a waste of talent if he didn't join the army. In the end, Long Yufei chose to continue his university studies because he couldn't stand the hard life in the military.

The pirates all stared wide-eyed. They prefer to use knives rather than muskets. The feeling of knives piercing flesh seems to make them more excited. But Long Feiyu's marksmanship still made them very admired!

"Okay, since you know how to use muskets, then join us! But you have to swear that after joining us, you must obey my orders and not betray us; otherwise, I will cut you to pieces!" Luo Sangu said.

Long Yufei quickly patted his chest and promised that from now on, we will be brothers, and he will not do such a shameless thing!

Long Yufei officially joined the crew, and the pirate ship immediately set sail, ready to return to their lair. However, the pirate Chen San found an opportunity to come to Long Yufei's side and warned viciously: "Boy, I don't care what your intentions are when you join us! But, I warn you, Get far away from the head family. Otherwise, you, boy, will be thrown into the sea to feed the fish!"

Long Yufei was dumbfounded; he wondered why Chen San kept targeting him. It turned out that he was regarded as a rival in love! However, the head of the family seems to be in good shape, except for darker skin; there are no shortcomings, especially a good figure, in future generations, it is more than enough to be a star.

For Chen San's warning Long Yufei did not take it to heart. He could see that Sangu Luo had a high prestige among the pirates. Although Chen San had plans for Sangu Luo, Sangu Luo didn't seem to have that intention. To put it bluntly, it's just Chen San's unrequited love!

After half a day of sailing, in the evening, the pirate ship docked at a small island! Although there is no chart, Long Yufei still guessed that this is a small island located in the south of the Luzon Islands, in the northern waters of the later Sulu Sea.

The island is not big, only about ten square kilometres. There is a small port in which more than a dozen large and small ships are moored. The larger boats are about ten to twenty meters long, while the smaller ones are fishing boats a few meters long. However, the island has a large population. After the ship of Luo Sangu and others docked at the port, people rushed to the pier to welcome them. Among these people, the elderly, weak, women and children accounted for most of them, and there were few able-bodied men.

"Grand Master, did the trip go well?" A gray-haired old man asked.

"Uncle Zhao, the journey has been smooth. The goods have been sold. I bought some rice and flour and came back! You can arrange for people to move off the boat!" Luo Sangu ordered!

"Okay." Uncle Zhao nodded, then looked at Long Yufei, a little wary of Long Yufei's unfamiliar face.

"Uncle Zhao, his name is Long Yufei; we rescued him on the road. He used to study in England, and the boat he was on on the way back to China was wrecked. We saved his life when we passed by. Now he has joined us!" Luo Sangu said. In the end, something happened that surprised Long Yufei! This gray-haired old man actually came out with a string of English; although it was not standard, he could understand the general meaning; he was asking Long Yufei which university he was studying at and where his hometown was.

Although surprised, Long Yufei immediately replied in English. He told the old man that he was studying abroad at Cambridge University, majoring in machinery. My hometown is in Taizhou, Zhejiang, but my family has fallen, and now I have no relatives in my hometown!

At this time, the old man surnamed Zhao nodded his head, and he recognized Long Yufei.

Long Yufei couldn't help but exclaimed in his heart that he was lucky. Fortunately, his English has passed CET-6. If he doesn't know it at all, he will be exposed this time. As for what will happen after the secret is revealed, he doesn't need to think about it. This is the old lair of this group of pirates. In order to ensure safety, those pirates will definitely kill and silence them. Anyway, killing a lot of people is entirely commonplace for these pirates!

Later, from Huzi, Long Yufei learned that this old man surnamed Zhao was named Zhao Yi, and his ancestors were also scholars. Later, he had to live overseas and became one of them. Zhao Yi is also very good at making firearms. Zhao Yi and his two sons are responsible for all their firearm repairs. This made Long Yufei even more curious about Zhao Yi's origin. What does it have to do with Zhao Shizhen, a firearms expert in the Ming Dynasty? After all, in China, there are not many Chinese who understand firearms in this age!

 

 

 

 

2