Chain Summoning – II
191 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia looked down at her trembling fingers and then at her fellow Masters, finding herself to be alone in such a reaction to the servants' presence, "What is going on?" She whispered to herself, scrutinising the Rider specifically, getting a better look at his person now that the room was fully lit revealing the intricate golden designs on a radiant white marble.

He was staring defiantly at Vlad Tepes, his eyes masked by the shadow his small hat cast on them, with both hands behind his back, grinning widely and in doing so, showing rows of sharp, pointed teeth that were better described as fangs, "Monsieur, I do not understand why you would trust a magus' pledge of allegiance, they are a scheming lot."

And that told Fiore he'd already grasped their current circumstances, if only at the surface level. It wasn't all too surprising however because from what she'd gathered, he was a capable commander and intuitivity was a trait one needed at such a post.

Though, she only now noticed Caules back away with a stumble, beads of sweat rolling down his forehead as he looked around in an attempt to discern what was messing with him, "Who is that?"

They weren't unused to such presences, Darnic was terrifying enough to make anyone tremble and his servant, Lancer, was mighty and ruthless enough that a common man would pass out in his presence, just that none of them expected to be left in the dark as to who it was that seemed to inspire such instinctual fear and hesitance.

Vlad Tepes grinned at the Rider's words, leaning forward with both hands on either arm of his throne, he inquired rhetorically, "And you are different? Do not presume that I do not know who you are."

"Folks have a tendency to remember those they loathe or love." Rider's grin morphed into a smirk, "I'm certain you would know the intricacies of how intimately if not physically."

Fiore narrowed her gaze, her dark eyes momentarily shining as she used the Master's Perspective to quantify her servant's capabilities, "Eh?" She tilted her head, somewhat shocked.

The parameters were... wholly unimpressive.

B ranked agility, D ranked strength, mana and endurance coupled with C+ ranked luck.

These put together, while not abysmal, were drastically low compared to some, no, most of the servants part of their Black Faction save for Caster and one could easily see how that was an unfair comparison.

Vlad thought for a moment before standing to his feet as Darnic lowered his head, his eyes closed as he clutched his staff, "These servants are your subordinates, my King. Address them as you wish."

Seeing the solemnity on the Lancer's face, Rider quieted down, listening intently with a faint trace of a smile on his pale lips, standing upright and firm.

"Those who have answered the summons in search of the Holy Grail! Attain your first victory as the Black Faction!"

The present servants nodded in response to his words, each with their own wish and desires, with their own reasons to fight this war under him.

Once he was done, Darnic moved forward, raising his hand to draw attention and address the Yggdmillennia Master, his own clansmen, "By summoning them."

He pointed at the servants standing below, "We, Yggdmillennia, have stepped into a battle we may never return from!" He clenched his hand into a fist, his tone carrying a sense of prestige and assertiveness, "However! When this war is over, those who've fought as masters will be promised infinite glory!"

He spread his hands wide, smiling confidently as he reassured the tools that would assure his complete victory, "There is nothing to fear! We already possess the Omnipotent Holy Grail!"

Meaning they would have no problems seeing their wishes through should they win the war.

"Man, you seriously need to work on your speeches." Like a bored teenager, Rider sighed once Darnic was done, shaking his head in disappointment, "You're supposed to be bossman, be more like one."

Fiore's face paled at her servant's behaviour, "Should I use a command seal?" As her servant, he was her responsibility which also meant, she risked being punished for his actions and as made obvious by Celenike's mocking grin and heavy blush, his actions warranted it.

Darnic pursed his lips, his discontent evident, "Impudent."

"Name yourself, Rider. I find it difficult to believe you are who I think you to be." Vlad sat back down, observing the blunt and raunchy servant with concealed curiosity. His actions were exaggerated, a little too exaggerated to be considered genuine.

"Oh? Did you not know who I was already?" The Rider tilted his head mechanically, sending a glance Fiore's way as if seeking her approval.

In response, Fiore gave a small nod, the disclosure of the servants' true names upon summoning was already agreed upon seeing as they were meant to be allies.

"Very well then." Rider bowed curtly, a hand over his chest as he looked up to meet Vlad's gaze, "Lucas Blanc, a humble soldier you can find anywhere." He stood upright again, both hands once again behind his back.

As if a hammer had struck their thoughts, the Masters' eyes slightly widened in recognition.

If one was acquainted with the story of the Saint of Orleans, then they would have heard of that name as well and while some denied his existence entirely, there was proof such a person truly existed.

To magi, who prided themselves on history and knowledge, it would be strange to be unacquainted with such a prominent figure.

A rumoured Dragon Rider.

Ultimately however, the other summoned servants didn't fail to measure up to his legend.

"Oh?" Vlad chuckled at his words, "The man who rode a dragon and burned a city is a humble soldier?" The Count of Wallachia looked around, searching for something, "I do not see your companion?"

"Companion?" Lucas appeared confused and imitated Vlad's actions, "Oh wait, are you looking for a dragon?"

He laughed out loud, sheepishly scratching the back of his head, "People like to exaggerate. A dragon? The age of such beings ended a long time before myself. I'm afraid I must disappoint you." He eyed the Berserker servant, seemingly losing interest in the conversation.

"Hmmm." Vlad didn't speak any further but did not, for a second, believe that Lucas was telling the complete truth, "We are meant to be comrades as well. What is that one's name?" He followed the servant's gaze to Berserker.

Caules, not expecting the sudden inquiry from Vlad, jerked up and stammered, "E-Er.. Frankenstein."

One must understand that the mere presence of the Count of Wallachia made it difficult to even breathe.

'Frankenstein' herself however, seemed to be more invested in glaring at Lucas, "Grr." She growled before grabbing the mace-like weapon she possessed with both hands, baring her fangs at the confused servant, "D-Dan-"

Facing the Berserker getting ready to charge, Lucas only grinned, "Mademoiselle, I know it is hard to hold yourself back but I ask for a more private setting."

"No, he's not the enemy! Calm down." Caules sweatdropped, raising both his hands as he attempted to assuage her much like one would a wild animal, "He's a friend!"

Disregarding the 'altercation', if it could be called that, Celenike crossed her arms under her chest, further emphasising her voluptuous figure even more than her open top buttons, "You as well, Archer." She followed the Yggdmillennia Patriarch's prior instructions.

"Chiron." The tall Archer nodded his head, a strange fondness in his gaze as he observed the seemingly childish Lucas, he'd met a few like him, "Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Saber, being the only servant yet to name himself, thought it was only right he share his name, "Then I am-" Siegfried, he would have said.

Only his Master seemed to have a different idea.

"Stop! Shut your mouth, Saber!"

Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia joined the conversation in a rough, pretentious and arrogant manner, drawing sighs and disappointed gazes from his fellow Masters who seemed used to such behaviour.

"Of course the fat man has a problem." Lucas spoke blandly, pointed a gloved finger at Gordes, "It seems the size of your stomach is relative to your need for attention."

"Pft-" Celenike quickly covered her mouth, hiding her amusement and agreement with the statement.

"H-How dare a mere minion speak with such disrespect?!" Gordes, an arrogant man of bloated ego that overshadowed his merit, found himself unable to stay silent in the face of such blatant mockery.

"Minion eh? Monsieur, I know you deserve the attention and validation you desire to soothe your fragile ego but... Do you wish to suffer, pig?" Lucas tilted his head, one of his otherwise dark eyes glowing for a fraction of a second as he felt irrationally insulted by the notion of being under somebody, to the point where he seemed surprised with himself and averted his gaze.

"Shut your mouth! Who do you think you're talking to?!" Gordes turned to Siegfried with his hands balled up into fists, his face red in anger, "Saber! Teach him a lesson!"

"Excuse his actions please but," Fiore gently addressed her fellow Master, "What gives you that right?"

Darnic, not willing to see internal conflict, opened his mouth to intervene but was stopped by Vlad holding out his hand, "Wait. You are meant to be comrades in arms, fighting for a common goal. Rider!" He turned to Lucas, "I expected more maturity from one such as yourself."

He then looked to Gordes, "I also expected better composure and understanding from one who claims to be an exceptional magus." Pragmatism and calmness were traits essential to any magus, traits Gordes sorely lacked even with all his capability.

And as Gordes looked down, ashamed by the disappointed gaze Darnic was looking at him with, Lucas grinned down at him, his dark eyes breifly turning golden.

*

12