Chapter 20: The Twin Goblins’ Prevents a War with a Concert, Part 2
60 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few moments later, on the plains outside the frontier city of Ardonia, the soldiers of both sides could feel the tension in the air as they prepared for battle. Once the horns sounded, the drums began to beat in unison, resonating across the vast open space. The footfalls of the soldiers echoed through the plains, their armor clinking with each step.

 

The sky darkened as storm clouds rolled in, casting an ominous shadow over the battlefield. The wind picked up, causing the soldiers' banners to whip violently in the air, adding to the sense of impending chaos. However, this didn't deter the soldiers from their determined march forward. They tightened their grips on their weapons, eyes locked on the enemy's formation.

 

But both sides were too preoccupied with the upcoming conflict to notice something odd. It wasn't storm clouds that were causing the sky to darken. Night had just come unnaturally early, as though someone had called forth the darkness to cloak the battlefield.

 

Nonetheless, the soldiers pressed on, and their commanders urged them forward with shouts and commands. The tension in the air was palpable as they neared the enemy's position, each step bringing them closer to the inevitable clash.

 

Only a few steps remained until the two opposing forces collided, and suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the ground. The thunderous boom that followed echoed through the air, momentarily stunning both sides. During this brief moment of stillness, a sapling emerged from the scorched earth, shimmering brightly with an otherworldly energy.

 

It rapidly grew into a towering tree with branches that stretched out like arms, seemingly reaching for the heavens. Then cherry blossom buds began to sprout from the branches, each one bursting open with glowing pink petals. The air was filled with a sweet, intoxicating fragrance as the blossoms danced in the wind, easing the tensions that had previously filled the air. The soldiers on both sides found themselves momentarily captivated by the beauty and serenity of the scene, their weapons lowering as they watched in awe.

 

And yet, that wasn't the end of the spectacle unfurling before their eyes. The ground beneath the cherry blossom trees began to rise, forming a magnificent stage adorned with vibrant colors and intricate patterns. A momentary darkness engulfed the stage before the sounds of tiny bells filled the air.

 

Beams of light focused on the stage, revealing twin priestesses; one had dazzling argent-colored hair while the other had raven black hair. Their shrine maiden outfit had three color schemes: white, pink, and red for the silver-haired one, and black, red, and blue for the ebony-haired one. In their hands, they held kagura suzu, traditional Japanese musical instruments used in Shinto rituals.

 

"In the land where all races meet,

A tale unfolds, a bittersweet fight,

Twin priestesses emerge with hearts of gold.

To heal the wounds that human folly has sowed."

 

In the background, a sorrowful tune started playing softly, setting a sorrowful atmosphere. The silver-haired priestess stepped forward, her hands clasped together in prayer. As she began to sing in a melancholic voice, her words carried a sense of longing and sadness.

 

"Like whispers caressing a sorrowful breeze,

We stand united, praying with our hearts,

Our voices echo in this world so torn,

Chuunism's faith, our beacon to reborn."

 

The twin priestesses switched places, with the silver-haired priestess stepping back and the black-haired priestess taking her position. With a graceful movement, she raised her hands towards the sky, her voice intertwining with the sorrowful tune. As she sang, her words carried a glimmer of hope amidst the prevailing melancholy, inspiring those who listened to find solace in their faith.

 

 

"Our hearts heavy with sorrow, burdened with pain,

Seeing humans and demihumans locked in disdain

But we won't give up hope; we'll make our plea unfold.

To bring love and harmony before stories turn untold."

 

And then the rhythm shifted, becoming more upbeat and energetic as the twin priestesses' voices grew stronger and more passionate. The crowd couldn't help but be swept up in the infectious energy, their spirits lifting as they joined in, singing and dancing together.

 

 

"Oh, let our "I love you" transcend the divide,

Let peace conquer hate as worlds collide.

We'll sing it loud and clear to heal their shattered hearts, 

To mend the broken pieces and rebuild what's torn apart.

 

The kagura suzu's bells jingled in harmony as the twin priestesses danced as they sang, their movements graceful and fluid. Their tri-colored shrine maiden robes billowed in the wind, adding to the ethereal atmosphere of the performance.

 

Thereafter, light of different colors illuminated and danced through the air, creating a mesmerizing spectacle that mirrored the unity and diversity of the crowd. The soldiers' weapons suddenly were clad in bright colors and glowed for a moment before changing into glowsticks, adding to the vibrant atmosphere.

 

At first, they had no idea what to do with the glowsticks, but seeing an out-of-place dog beastkin maid doing wotagei, they quickly caught on and began waving the glowsticks in sync with the music. The sight of thousands of people moving in unison, their glowsticks creating streaks of light in the darkness, was truly awe-inspiring.

 

The energy in the air was palpable as the crowd's synchronized movements added an electrifying element to the already vibrant atmosphere. The pulsating beats of the music seemed to fuel their enthusiasm, creating a mesmerizing spectacle that captivated everyone in attendance. 

 

'So this is the view idols see while they perform,' the silver-haired priestess, Miyabi, thought to herself, her eyes misty as she sang her heart out on stage. Her voice resonated through the venue, blending with the cheers and applause of the audience.

 

Each of her gestures and expressions became more heartfelt as she connected with the lyrics and poured her emotions into every note. The crowd responded in kind, their energy reaching a crescendo as they became completely immersed in the performance. 

 

Looking at her black-haired twin sister, Mizuki, with a rare smile on her face while she performed alongside her, she felt a deep sense of joy and fulfillment. The crowd's energy fueled their performance, making every moment on stage feel magical. 'I'm glad I thought to have an impromptu concert to stop the battle from happening.'

 

Each note like feathers falling from above

Enveloped in sorrow but bound by love

Enraptured devotion pierces through our souls

Our mission clear: mend what hatred stole

 

With humble chants amidst ethereal sound

They beckon unity while standing ground

Shimmering halos crown their noble quest

To bridge the rift; bring demihumans blessed

 

Darkness may linger; hope remains untamed

Fragile but potent; it won't be disclaimed

Gather all those who yearn for harmony’s song

Join hands together; no battle can prolong

 

 

So let us dream in unison tonight

The clash shall cease beneath stars shining bright

United under Chuunism's sacred word,

We shall defy the chains that hatred has incurred. 

 

Oh, let our "I love you" transcend the divide,

Let peace conquer hate as worlds collide.

We'll sing it loud and clear to heal their shattered hearts, 

To mend the broken pieces and rebuild what's torn apart.

 

From the depths of hearts, a plea transcends,

Twin priestesses' dirge for battles to suspend,

May peace be instilled in every soul that dwells,"

 

As the final notes of their song echoed through the air, Miyabi and Mizuki shared a knowing glance, their hearts brimming with beaming joy at having fulfilled their dream of singing and dancing on a stage once more.

 

'Let's do this again,' their eyes seemed to say at each other, a silent promise to continue doing what they loved most. Nodding in agreement and facing the audience, they both shouted in unison, "Do you want more!?" 

 

The crowd erupted in thunderous applause, their cheers and shouts filling the venue. The energy in the room was palpable as everyone eagerly awaited Miyabi and Mizuki's next performance, their anticipation hanging in the air like a suspended moment of pure excitement.

 

In a realm beyond reality's gate,

Two twin sisters, destined to create,

A path uncharted, an idol's fate,

With conviction burning within their state.

 

Adventurers we were at dawn's first light,

Chasing treasures and winning every fight,

But in the twilight hours, our heart took flight,

Through melodies that sparked dreams so bright.

 

Our souls entwined, forged by destiny’s hand,

Together as one, we'll make our stand.

Oh-oh-oh!

 

A world awaits where dreams unfurl and soar high!

For us two sisters chasing stardust in the sky.

Adventurers by morn', idols under moonlight.

We'll dance and sing with all our might!

 

Fierce determination fuels our quest anew,

To conquer worlds both real and out of view.

With sparkles on our cheeks and hearts aglow blue,

United twins defy what others deem true.

 

Beneath the stars' embrace so soft and sweet

We shed off armor for delicate beats

Idols enchanting masses from street to suite

Melodies spilling love with every single feat

 

Arms interlaced as vibrant notes resound loud

Our voices harmonize above the crowd

Oh-oh-oh!

 

A world awaits where dreams unfurl and soar high!

For us two sisters soaring past the waning sky!

From dawning quests to dazzling spotlight beams;

Nighttime illuminates your brightest screams!

 

Soft exhales paint rainbows amid dark skies; 

Guiding lost hearts towards infinite highs.

Adventure in daylight, idol when dusk dies...

Endless support flowing freely from healer eyes.

 

Embracing fates intertwined like woven lace;

Our journey begins now, we'll leave no trace.

With determination as our guiding base,

Adventurers turned idols in this spirited space!

 

Oh-oh-oh! (x2)

 

Unlike their previous performance, the melody and rhythm of the next song started upbeat and catchy, instantly captivating the audience. Miyabi and Mizuki's synchronized dance moves and harmonious vocals had everyone on their feet, dancing and singing along. The duo's passion and talent were undeniable, leaving the crowd craving more as they delivered a mesmerizing performance that surpassed all expectations. 

 

That day, in the world of Arentha, the first ever idol concert took place. It was held for the sole purpose of stopping the war between humans and demihumans in the frontier city of Leasaitolia. And this particular event made its way into the holy scripture of Chuunism, the Vivre..

 

Nativitas Idoli 1:1 - 3 And in the day the mortals in the frontier city of Ardonia clashed, the dark of night arrived before the moon could cast its ethereal glow upon the land. Divine lightning struck the earth, and a sapling of sakura blossomed amidst the chaos, symbolizing hope and unity. On this tree the twin priestesses of Chuunism danced and sang prayers of peace and harmony, their voices carrying across the battlefield

2