When The One Dies, a New Life Born
71 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death is inevitable. 

It never chooses its prey unfairly. Same as me, that misfortune came and struck me hard. On that day, I was killed. 

It happened when I went home after picking my wife back from work. When waiting for a light to turn green, our body suddenly struck hard by a heavy object from our back. After that, the world seemed to move slowly, and my back was pushed forward forcefully. 

I tried to look back, but even my finger couldn’t move. My brain still could not process that, but after that, a scorching hot road hit my body. And then, for a few minutes, my skin felt like rubbed by hot sandpaper. 

“My wife,” I murmured. Funny, when anything happens, I always think about her, the one who is a bit clumsy, but always helps me at ease when something wrong arises.

When my skin felt burned and stung, that heavy object finally stopped, without realizing it, my ear heard some voice, either groaning, sobbing, or ineligible shout. With hazy eyes, I focused on the big object that pushed me earlier. 

A huge truck. 

We got hit by a heavy truck. 

Oh, what a stroke of terrible luck, my dear?

When I tried to move my body, it wasn’t budging. A pain grew in my chest and my lower body made me hard breathing, left aside moving. Maybe… this is my end, died tragically. My tears welled down wondering if my wife had the same fate as me. I slowly closed my eyes. 

Before my conscious left, I heard a commotion. 

“Here! There are still people!”

“Push them!”

“Pull this man! He still alive!”

“Hey! The woman closed him …”

“His half already crus…”

After that, the voice went quiet, everything grew dark, and I couldn’t feel pain anymore. 

"Oh my baby, I pray you become the strongest Lunardian." When my ear worked once again, I heard a soft voice whispering to my ears. My eyes caught a dim silhouette moving. My body is warm, and comfortable, feels like a mother hug. My blurry eyes got heavier. 

“He got sleepier, how cute,” 

Who?

That woman sounds happy. Remind me of when my girlfriend met a cute baby, she always said an infant is cute, even though I still don’t understand why. When I close my eyes, I can feel a warm chest touch my cheek. Chest? and, who is she called cute? 

Never mind, for now, maybe I'm going to sleep again, because …

When I was falling into deep sleep, I heard something exploding. 

“Liane! Get out of the house! We need to escape!” I heard a man shouting.

“What wrong Radek? What happened?”

“That Wesran bastard suddenly attacking us!” from the way he talks, he sounds anxious.

“What do you mean? What about the pact?” the woman asked him.

“It broke, they’re broke it!”

“By Mariketh!” that woman cursed. 

And then, suddenly my eyes got cleared. The first thing I saw was a beautiful woman or I thought so. That beautiful woman looks like a human but not at the same time. I saw her ears particularly different, it has a pointed shape and red eyes. Her fluttering silver hair was covered by dust, and her skin was so beautiful to make she didn't look like a human because she had a silvery hue on their skin. They look like people out of fantasy literature. Like elves with white-silver skin. 

She kissed my cheeks and made a sniffing sound. I raise my hand, and I wonder why my hand is so short. I saw my skin become luminous, like that beautiful woman, and then I realized I become a baby, and she, was my mother. 

"We need to go!" Radek shouted. Not long after that we heard the second explosion. 

“Damn that Wesran dog!” that man cursing our attacker. 

Knowing we dont have much time she preparing to leave quickly. 

“Let’s go,” Even with an uneasy feeling, still, I can hear her voice adamant.

She tied me to her body then hugged me tight, and took everything she needed, and ran with Radek immediately. . 

When we were outside, I can smell something burning. Even my vision got cleared, my eyes still can’t saw object perfectly. But I’m sure there was a red mist and smoke mixed surrounding us. 

“Hot,” I can feel my skin burning. When we were running my mother asked. 

“Where is my husband?” 

“Brother going to hold them in frontline, but he promise we’re going to safe plac…” He stopped in mid-talk.

"Radek!" My mother screamed. I saw his chest pierced by a longsword. 

"Run..." His mouth spiting his last word before collapsed. And again, without control, I cried once again. From far away I saw a big man coming. He has black charcoal skin protected by black-bluish armor. His mouth moved.

"You here, princess." his voice sounds like a growl.

You demon! How dare you break the pact!" My mother snarled. I can see she gnashed her teeth.

"Your people can't stop us, the servant of Lord Ruta from his will!" that man answered my mother's remarks. 

"I can give you one last chance to let you live."

"But you should give yourself to our Lord Ruta." he continues with a hideous laugh. When I am in my mother's hug, somehow I can feel her anger, maybe because of our maternal bond.

"Ha! You demon dog! I never submit myself to your said oh-so mighty lord!" She shouted. When he heard that his anger grew furiously, but then, he just smirked. 

"Heh arrogant b*tch, then farewell! Princess of Lunardia!"

 He raised his sword. For me, this is a terrifying scene, one thing I can do is cry harder, the only thing I can do as a baby. Good, after I died once, I'm going to die again as an infant. But then...

BOOM

I heard an explosion. I opened my eyes. I saw my mother raising her left hand, while her right hand held me with a long pattern scarf wrapped ne and tied to her shoulder across her body.

"You underestimate Princess of Lunardia!" My mother said furiously. I thought she was going to fight him, but suddenly she ran, leaving a black charcoal-skinned man behind. 

She hugs me tightly. Maybe she avoiding unnecessary fights, because of me, her newborn child. 

She ran toward the dark forest because my eyes caught many tall trees and heard cricket sounds. She keeps running, even out of her breath.

I felt my mother's steps getting slower, but her feet didn't stop. While moving, her feet stumbled onto the rock and fell so hard but still protected me. I can feel her anxious, but then suddenly an  urge to cry came instantly. No no no no Dammit, this is not the time for crying! I told myself, but unfortunately, my body moving on its own and my mouth started screaming for crying. Then I saw that woman, my mother started panicking.

"Hush baby, don't cry..." But my mouth can't stop. This dumb body can't follow my mind. I sense fear on her face, but even so, she pulls my head into her breast.

"Hush hush baby my sweet child, sleep peacefully in my warm hand, don't cry love because momma is here." she starts whispering a lullaby, and my infant body calmed down. She’s continued ran, I don't know where we are, but I'm sure I hear waves sound vaguely, must be my home in a coastal region so I can hear seawater sweeping the beach.

When she looked back. But she saw no one following us. We were safe, I thought. but I was wrong. Suddenly her body lifted Forcefully. 

"Damn, bitch don't know when she should give up." that is the man who tries to kill me and mother. 

I took a glance at his face, and I saw his face burned half. He ran swiftly toward us, still holding his weapon. My mother tried to avoid him, but alas her speed couldn't match his. 

He grabs my mother's neck, and my body falls from her scarf. Once again I cried. What the hell with this body? Frustating because I can't do anything, even though I felt unfamiliar to her, my new mother was in danger, and the thing only I could do was cry. But...

I am a baby, I realize that I can't do anything except wiggling, laughing, and crying. 

Mother...

I heard her choke and desperately catch her breath. No! Please! Don't kill her! Don't kill mother!

"He he he, now will I kill you with my hand and use your body as an offering to Lord Ruta!" He laughed.

I saw her struggling to escape from his grasp, but he grabbed my mother's neck tightened, as he choked her neck harder. Mother's hand slowly fell, and her body got weakened. I realize she is at the death door. In the end, she spits her last word.

"May the... Holy...curs..." The last thing I heard, was a cracked sound coming from her neck. 

Mother! No!

Then my cry got louder, that man looked at me and smiled, he threw my mother's lifeless body aside.

"Well, well, well, is it the chief son? It's ok boy, you gonna meet your mother soon."

He grabbed the scarf that wrapped around my body, then he left my body hanging in his hand. After that, he leisurely walks into the high cliff.

"Your mother's body may be Lord Ruta's offering, but an infant with no power like you? That may be impossible." he contempt. 

"But no worries boy, still, your mother will waiting for you in the underworld, HAHAHA," He laughed. 

Then he swung the scarf that wrapped my body and threw it from the cliff. 

When he let me go, I felt like flying. Ah, again, I'm going to die horribly.

Thus, the thing I remember, is my small body hitting the freezing saltwater.

phew! this chapter had so many revision! oh well I hope this revision will be the last one 😁

1