Chapter 2: Even if I cease to exist
278 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When you invest in people and lift them towards their potential, they will love you for it"- Jim Rohn
***
Gabriel was merely speechless not because the wish is absurd but rather because it was unexpected, Although he understood well that  Damien craved a family since he was young.

"...With her having a skill that connects to mine and she should also have a higher level of intellect than Shiro from No game no life while having a vague resemblance to Shiro, be it personality or appearance, but let's leave it to her, I don't want a puppet who is a copy paste version of Shiro, Oh also we shouldn't be blood-related but she should be born few minutes after me, that way it should connect us deeply," Damien said with a thoughtful expression.

" Granted..." Gabriel answered with an odd tone, his thoughts were going haywire a little but he controlled it well.

"The next wish would be related to where I am reincarnating, so let me first ask, will it count as a wish if I specify, etc things that should be there? After all, you once told me There are an infinite amount of universes or realities, so if I state them it should be possible to filter them all to find one which suits my requirements right?" Damien asked.

"That can be done, although all of this wouldn't have been an issue if you accepted the Ultimate system, you probably would have been able to get more powerful powers to the point of reality bending itself," Gabriel said while taking a jab at Damien's decision.

"Hey, I was depressed and Untrusting of others at that time, that System, was a suspicious offer, my instinct told me not to trust it as if it would change me in ways I didn't like," Damien told his honest thoughts while taking a bite out of a sandwich.

Gabriel's facial expression changed for a split second but he managed to fix it before Damien could notice it.

"Valid argument but let's move on, tell me the specifics you want for that universe, and also what universe are you even going to reincarnate into? But I do know it would probably be a 'fictional' story that you have read, considering how they inspire you to make so many inventions" Gabriel asked to change the topic.

"Well, I wanna reincarnate in the Universe of Overlord, the timeline of 2138 where a Dmmorpg called Yggdrasil was invented, at least 20 years before that game was released, Preferably in Japan, in one of the arcologies there" Damien Carefully answered.

"that's an odd choice but I guess it makes sense as you can grow safely in that game before the Transfer event, I honestly thought you might choose Dragon Ball or Tensura going by how powerful you can be with your set of brains, wouldn't be surprised if you conquered those universes in at least five years that only if you are taking your time but I concur, you probably have your plans," Gabriel told his thoughts on the matter.

"I do... Anyways Heres my requirements for it, They must not have access to quantum computers at least should be in the initial stage when I arrive, and they must not have ventured more than their solar system, they..." And then Damien listed all the requirements.

It wasn't that many, well at least according to Damien, Gabriel had other thoughts about it, He didn't realize it until it was somewhat late and he already agreed to it, Damien was merely exploiting this 'loophole' to get what he wanted without using his wish energy, So Gabriel had to put a stop to it by limiting the requirements.

Damien Clicked his tongue but at least he succeeded, That timeline will now be more interesting, He laughed at that thought while Gabriel just sigh, Damien was so shameless and daring enough to do this merely because of what he knew about the Almighty.

After all a so-called 'loophole' wouldn't exist when the creator is a perfectionist, It's merely an Easter egg or hidden loot for people who discover it as if it was a true loophole, the patches would have erased whatever was gained from it and not set a limit to how much one can get.

"sigh, Oh well I was too relaxed around you that I almost forgot how opportunistic you can be..." Gabriel rubbed his eyes for the nth time after being tricked again.

"Hey! I was merely trying to make my life more fun next time, it's not my fault, I am so magnificent enough to utilize my brain to my advantage " Damien said with a bragging tone.

"Oh by the way, can I get another apple? They were delicious!" Damien suddenly asked

"... Unfortunately not, you can only consume one, especially because this tree can only produce a few once every few decades," Gabriel said when he received a message

" oh Well, I tried at least, anyways here's my third wish, It's more like conditions that must be applied at certain points, just for backup in case some things go haywire, you know the usual, so the first condition is..." Damien then explained the conditions, as he was being cautious in case some things didn't go his way.

It wasn't anything too much, so Gabriel gladly accepted it but he was suspicious about them as he couldn't understand the full motive behind it, which Damien used to taunt Gabriel as a best friend should by their rights.

"you still have some Wish energy left, Enough to do some minor addons, like some talents, for example, you could wish for a drawing skill at the level of a professional or something along those lines," Gabriel said after they had fun messing around

"I see..., then I wish to have my little brother down below become bigger girthier, longer, thicker... Ok, I will stop, so remove that sword you are holding... Heh..." Damien said with a smirk and started historically laughing while slapping the table as he looked at the now red-faced Gabriel

He knew Angels especially Gabriel who is shy and someone who gets flustered by those topics, mostly because they were made that way, Angels are as pure as a baby, and one of the reasons they weren't allowed to be in a relationship until recently.

"come on don't be mad at me,  I don't even use it that much because it's boring to me, but I do want a harem in the future, so I need to invest in my little brother now as a failsafe in case I am not able to satisfy them" Damien Said with a shit-eating smile as if he is explaining the most obvious thing.

"Besides... You should think about it too, Uriel might like it big-"Damien barely dodges the chair thrown at him and he started laughing again as Gabriel tried to beat him up, They chased around a bit as they fell on the grassy ground Gabriel tried to bite Damien in rage as Damien tried to avoid it.

It's simply two best friends having fun If they were serious, Gabriel would have casually erased Damien but he would never do that... after all, he would rather die than intentionally hurt him, that much they have become close in the short time they spent together.

"sigh, I will miss this, Eh it's not like you can also switch your positions with the other universe's Gabriel" Damien said with emotion and giving a hint at the end.

Gabriel widened his eyes a bit as he realized it and then smiled "Yeah that would be crazy..." whispered.

After some time they sat down on the grass.

"by the way I never asked, What even is this Dimension?" Damien asked as he cleaned himself up but listened intently

"Oh, this place is called An Oasis, Every universe has an expanding border around it called Limbo, and beyond that border are dimensions like this which has a functioning ecosystem" Gabriel replied honestly.

"It's named Oasis mostly because it's a haven for lost travelers of the multiverse, as they can rest up and gather their energy before traveling again, this specific one is right outside the limbo of our universe which is 218,222,43, that's why it hurt your soul body originally as your soul passed through the border, it wouldn't have happened if you weren't in space and your body was disintegrated " Gabriel grumbled again at the end.

"Chill, I am alright, aren't I?" Damien said with a nonchalant tone.

"so I guess this is goodbye..." Gabriel suddenly said with a tone that carried a lot of emotions.

"Yeah... Oh well, it was fun meeting you, Gabriel" Damien said with an awkward tone.

"Same, Will invite you if I ever get married," Gabriel said with an even more awkward tone.

"Also... I am... Sorry for "Gabriel tried to  say with a crumbling guilty tone, his whole demeanor changed, and slowly started to prostrate before Damien

An Archangel, a being capable of traveling faster than the speed of light, a being that could easily erase a galaxy is seeking forgiveness from a mortal... No, a best friend who he cherishes, simply because he thought he was responsible for something that happened in the past

An event that spiraled Damien to become what he is today, but also the event they first met, to understand the importance of that event, some things about Gabriel must be known, he didn't behave as he did currently.

 Since the dawn of time, he has seen everything, he was always the most caring towards humans, but unfortunately, he also saw the dark side of humanity too many times, and that didn't cause him to lose hope in humanity after all, they are the offspring of his close friend Adam.

But his hope crumbled one day, it was one of the last straws when he saw Azrael the archangel of death, who Felt empathy toward a baby because of how persistently his mother tried to save him in a drowning ship and also because she begged for mercy towards her son, so Azrael begged The almighty to save the baby, the Almighty granted it but told the archangels to prefer themselves for what will happen in the future

The archangels watched while keeping that warning in mind but they weren't prepared as they thought they would be for that as the baby grew up slowly, he was adopted by the queen of a kingdom, the kid at first grew up to be a good person, but alas everything changed when his new parents were assassinated.

Mislead and misguided by people who were originally the ones who killed his adopted parents He slowly began to resent the so-called gods for making him suffer, they tricked and made him believe he should become the god and rule over the continent, simply because they wanted to be rulers of more land and profit from taxes.

But alas they succeeded as The boy turned into an adult with a mindset he is God, he conquered everything, he became vile like the people around him, and he became conceited and delusional which ironically caused the execution of those vile people as the boy thought they were being disobedient to him, a God.

When Almighty thought they saw enough, he ordered Azrael to claim the boy's life, so he obeyed with a
Regretable sigh, the same way the boy's mother had died, by drowning in a ship at the same place, thus they reunited

That changed Gabriel deeply, He lost more hope in humanity as he was depressed and looking over them after all it was his job as the overseer until he was given the task to look after Damien.

Every person has angels assigned to them so their deeds until they die are recorded, at first he found it strange since he is an archangel but knowing that the almighty simply told him, Damien is special, so he complied and started observing Damien.
 

He smiled as he looked after Damien as he grew up, so innocent, so naive, Damien reminded him of Adam, always curious about everything, sometimes he subtly protected him from harm even if Raphael complained he was being biased But he didn't care

That was until Tragedy struck, Damien's only parent, his mother died, His heart ached as he saw the hollow eyes of Damien, eyes that contained a hatred towards everything yet a stronger resolution to 'fix' this broken universe.

He begged the Almighty and even offered to use his permanent power as a sacrifice to rewind Time so Damien's mother could return to life, but alas Almighty denied it, Almighty said it would simply turn worse if Damien's mother survived.

The Almighty instead suggested Gabriel should comfort Damien when he needs someone while also offering him a system of power to grow stronger, which Gabriel followed with a guilt-ridden heart.

And that's how Damien and Gabriel first met but that's a story for another time, for now, let's observe what happens.

Damien didn't let Gabriel finish as he stopped him by punching Gabriel straight into the face, it was merely possible because Gabriel willingly made himself vulnerable to attacks.

Gabriel expected it, so he prepared himself for another punch, he wanted Damien to vent all his frustration on him for his supposed 'sins' but alas Damien had other plans as Gabriel heard a mildly irritated voice shout at him.

" You Fucking IDIOT!! it's not your fault and I will NEVER blame you for my mom's death! listen well, I AM GLAD I MET YOU AND BECAME YOUR BEST FRIEND, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT EVEN IF I CEASE TO EXIST!!" Damien's voice echoed through the entire dimension as Gabriel lays stunned hearing it.

After a few seconds a smile appeared on his face as tears started to flow from his eyes, For the third time in his life, Gabriel the archangel cried.

"Cheh, Cry baby" Damien Grumbled as he looked away, hiding his apparent smile as his plan worked, now Gabriel would stop blaming himself like a dumbass.

It took some time afterward they said their goodbyes yet again as a portal appeared indicating it was time for Damien to leave.

"Good luck and have fun" Gabriel Said with a somber tone

"you too... Big bro" Damien said as he entered the portal without waiting for Gabriel's reaction, which he guessed is a smile.

And he was right, Gabriel was smiling contentedly as he went back to the table and put it back on, and sat there looking at the space.

After some time when his mind was more clear, he realized many things about the interaction between them, a habit he picked from Damien himself, to analyze a conversion afterward.

"Damn, it... He tricked me the whole time... He didn't even tell me what he chose for his skill superior sage" Gabriel thought out loud with a laugh then he remembered.

"oh yeah, I need to do that now... sigh this family... like mother like son..." Gabriel stood up as he stretched himself and then went through a portal.

He appeared in a room which is filled with all sorts of Manga postures, and gaming consoles, a typical room for a neet, he ignored all that as he said "it's time, he just left" To the person who was in the middle playing games.

"oh? Finally!! Wait Let me finish this match real quick" a beautiful but mature feminine voice said as she rapidly pressed all the buttons on the keyboard, as the Large monitor flickered.

it seemed to be running a battle royale game, with 29 people left but it rapidly decreased until only 1 was left,m erely under a minute had passed and as it showed the victory screen on the monitor now, it would mean this person won.

"Yay! I won! Huh? What I cheated you say? Please kindly return inside your mom's womb, She would play much better than you, oh sorry I forgot Angels don't have mothers, I pity you, everyone should have a mother!" The feminine voice said with a tone of innocence, pity and as if she is stating athetruth.

Gabriel had a face that look like he is used to it yet the corner of his mouth twisted a bit as he out a sigh "This family is crazy" he muttered.

***

Word count: 2729

15