Chapter 10: Desires Makes you Stronger
109 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OOO

"Dreams come True when Desire Transforms into Concrete actions"- Napoleon Hill

OOO

(Masamune pov)

Today, it was time to decide who would be the world chess champion, it would be decided between shouri and me,  I will only be 40℅ serious since although that might be arrogant but if I went beyond that, it wouldn't be fair anymore, maybe in the future when she has grown more, I will be more serious.

Which she reluctantly accepted after seeing how she lost in five moves in our practice match before. It didn't make her sad though since she strived to one day beat me, I know she would in games like these soon enough unless I use S.S

OOO

(Third pov)

The twins sat in front of each other as the timer began, their movements were fast-paced, it created a tense atmosphere around them, viewers sat at the edge of wherever they were sitting, for now, they managed to somewhat keep up with their speed and soon within three minutes, the results were already out... It was a draw.

Masamune was slightly surprised but that turned into a smile when he saw how she is still trying her best here to win, they continued playing more, as the viewers desperately tried to keep up with what was happening, soon enough an hour had already passed and a small break was announced suddenly.

When the viewers looked at the counter only one number showed in the middle  23D... Draws, They let out a breath they didn't know they were holding, dumbfounded by this outcome.

The other conglomerates all over the world watched keenly especially after they received a cryptic message from Europe  "Do not harm them" with a family portrait of the twins with their Mother and Aunt.

It was arrogant, indeed it was, yet they would reluctantly follow it, Europe was still prominent as a conglomerate merely because of that man's Existence, His grip on Europe was stronger than any of them, HE was the reason why Europe was so quiet even though the world was so chaotic in that period.

Samuel Shephard, A simple poverty-stricken British boy, who managed to rise to the status of a conglomerate, that's why he is so fearsome, the mere fact he managed to unite all the families in Europe, if he wanted to, he could have easily crushed the other conglomerates at the time and be the sole ruler of this world, that much power he held... Yet he was typically neutral unless you provoked him.

The result would be the rise of Africa, after all, he was the one behind it when the other conglomerates didn't listen to him and erased the middle east, he was also the reason Russia fell since they led the initiative, just simply because his beloved second wife was from middle east..., He was a ruthless man yet he was a family man.

That they all know deeply yet they couldn't properly understand why he had decided to protect that accursed family, there was simply no connection before this, so they keenly watched but Japan's conglomerate was ecstatic instead, they didn't know what that family did to receive Samuel's favor but they would gladly take it, as it was indirectly favoring them since they share the same nationality.

But the twins, uncaring of the world, started playing yet again, Masamune inwardly smiled widely, when he saw how fast shouri was improving... Exactly as he planned...

He slowly started being more serious, testing as he saw His dear sister improve more and more, match by match she started to adapt, learn new ways to counter him, even unknowingly utilizing moves that she hasn't even learned about yet.

Soon two more hours passed like this without any winner, but the twins didn't mind, to them, it wasn't about winning anymore, to Masamune, shouri growth mattered more, to him this was simply the usual training session to help his sister grow.

But to shouri, it was more than that, she realized how weak she felt when she played against a strange boy before, she realized how far behind she was compared to her big brother.

She remembered their promise vividly, it made her feel more determined, she wanted to grow so she can stand side by side with her big brother, she wanted to help him achieve his goal... No! She wanted to make him Happy!

because she slowly realized when she compared her brother to other people He seemed... empty, he still showed his true emotions towards her and their family but there was a hint of the distance between them, she could sense that cacoon surrounding her brother.

She finally understood her goal, she finally understood her purpose and her skill resonated with her as if to say they are one, she felt something ignite inside her, a burning bottomless desire.

As both she and her brother heard a familiar voice stating <<< @&$$% bonding skill Has successfully evolved into Unique Skill 'Heart of Ex Machina', congratulations to Shouri-sama>>> in their soul corridor.

Masamune was ecstatic inside, he was successful! His plans worked! But he still calmed himself down quickly as he utilized this moment while shouri was adapting to her new Unique skill, he became more serious.

< Congrats! You did it! But I think we should end the match now, although you got an Unique skill now it will take you time to adapt, so, for now, I will be the chess champion> Masamune decided and his sister agreed since she could feel her senses going haywire right now.

Afterwards, Masamune was declared to have won and became The youngest known world chess Champion when shouri forfeited saying she is feeling nauseated.

Everyone who heard that was shocked and baffled, such a great match only to end up in a forfeit... Although that made many mildly  displeased but they consoled themselves by saying it was the most intense chess match in history.

They both also received the title of candidate chess Master, that some complained about why they didn't directly become Grandmasters but those were simply ignorant.

Whoever complained it was rigged was simply shown the video of them defeating other players, especially Samuel who was known as the oldest and also the highest rank grandmaster to ever exist, that quickly shut them up.

The news spread everywhere as temporarily it became a hot topic, in one particular household, a peculiar girl was intently looking at the videos uploaded of the twins, the more she watched the more excited she felt.

A deep desire took place in her lonely heart, she wanted to beat them in a game, afterall they were similar to her, abnormal and outstanding than anyone in this world, yet lonely, but she was more focused on the boy as she saw him play a match against Samuel, she knew both of his identity.

One of her dreams was to one day to beat him in a chess match, even if she is mostly a shogi player, but she knew both of them played seriously going by how she remembered how Samuel plays when he is serious, So this dream switch to beating Masamune.

She would ingrain them in her  memory, as she was thinking such thoughts she didn't realize someone had already entered her room as she suddenly yelp when someone higher from behind then she heard a feminine voice telling her " Ara~ Yumeko-chan, you are so cuuute~ when you make that face" with a teasing tone.

" Moooo Tsugiko aunt, you know I don't like hugs, especially when I am in my thinking mode," the girl named Yumeko said to her aunt while pouting.

"Hm? What you are thinking so deeply about?... Oh I see, Araa~ Yumeko-chan you are already looking for a boyfriend at such a young age~? My~ you have certainly grown~" Her aunt teased her more when she saw the video was paused on Masamune and his sister when they were receiving their awards.

" Stop your teasing already, aunt! ...Besides we are both kids and he is also a year younger than me, he would probably think I am a creep..." Yumeko suddenly turned downcasted.

"Ara~ don't be so sad, you are very adorable and special, even your parents would agree if they were here..." Tsugiko said fondly while patting Yumeko's head.

"Now let's go feed your older sister, shall we? She is probably hungry by now- oh souka-chan~ you are already here, you should be resting in your room, right? What did the doctor say?" Tsugiko scolded her older niece who just arrived at the door of the room

"Well, I thought I felt my dear cute little sister~ being sad, so I came running right here to give a big huuug~," Souka said as she walked towards them and hugged Yumeko, who was now struggling between two hugs as she managed to mutter "... Can't... Breathe..." which promptly caused her family to loosen up the hug.

She let out a breath but she didn't move away, she enjoyed this even if she won't admit it, since last year when her parents died and her elder sister got injured, she slowly withdrew herself and tried to appear more mature, her escape was the games she used to play with her parents, she would have lost herself further if her aunt didn't take her in and her sister didn't survive.

Her life was mostly empty for so long, she was smart for her age, she knew that but it didn't mean anything if she didn't have her family, she withdrew herself to games, mostly gambling games, as it reminded her of the time when her parents were alive and used to play with her.

She is even known as an extreme prodigy in Shogi and Go, and already has achieved the professional rank of 5-dan in both with only 3 more ranks above her, she could even give the highest rank in both a tough battle.

Unknown to her, she would soon be facing this pair of twins in the upcoming shogi tournament in a few months, where a connection that will last forever will be formed...

But that's a story for another time as Jabami Household spends their time together similar to the Hayashi household but for different reasons.

The twins were celebrating their first victory with meals cooked by their mom.

OOO

(Masamune pov)

Damn... She managed to make a perfect Beef Wellington... Gordan Ramsey would orgasm seeing and tasting this.... No, he might even bow down and want to learn from our mom.

As expected of our mom! She is the best! I proudly thought while eating the beef Wellington, There's also the matter of Shouri's New Unique skill.

From what S.S is telling me, it makes her way smarter as she now has thought acceleration as well, but it only goes up to 1,000 times her base which she can't properly use since she is in a human body, but thankfully she has a mini assistant with the skill, that will help her.

she has practically a mini version of S.S with the addition of her now being able to innately sense people's true emotions and intentions aka now nobody can lie to her, that's a dangerous ability, well except to me, as she instinctively controls it before it can read me, probably because it sees me and S.S as it's parent or something.

Although I can copy it and make it my own, I will wait until I start my plans to evolve S.S as by then she would be able to maximize its potential, besides it makes my sister more powerful in this world as well, which is nice, less worry about random assassination and stuff since she should be safe.

However both Aunt and Mom doesn't have any skill, well anyone in this world except me and my sister doesn't have skills but still, they would need some sort of protection soon.

I will start researching more on my plan to build 'plot armor', probably after the shogi tournament for now, I will need to help shouri adjust to her Unique skill, she is already doing well but she still needs guidance.

I thought as I ate this delicious beef Wellington, man I love the taste...

Soon we returned to Japan after spending another week in England, when I entered our mansion I said "Nothing better than being home... With my family", already missed this mansion, wait can it turn sentient like the straw hats ships if I take good care of it? Hmmm a good experiment idea.

The servants were waiting inside the mansion and when we entered everyone bowed as they said in unison "Welcome back! Ayaka-sama, Masamune-sama, Shouri-sama, and Hasumi-sama!".

We smiled at the warm welcome, as the mansion turned more lively after our return.

Next would be the shogi tournament... I mumbled as I looked in the direction of Yokohama " Let us finally begin the next round shall we....  Yumeko..." with a knowing smile.

After all, everything was going all according to my plan...

OOO

It was already August, it's been four months since, the world chess championship, shouri has already gotten used to her unique skill, she has become more talkative as well but mostly via the soul corridor, she still appears as the typical kuudere in front of others though.

 Which I don't mind, it's a good edition to her, although I would call anything a good edition when it comes to my family unless it is negative so I concur.

Next month, the shogi tournament will take place, and we will be participating, this would be harder, considering how complicated shogi gets.

<< Nii~ What are you thinking about? Come let's go eat>> Shouri asked me while tugging my shirt which moved my hand to instinctively pat her head that she enjoyed.

< Nothing, let's go eat> I replied as we walked out of our room and went to the dining hall.

I then saw the usual scene of the maids preparing the dishes on the table as Mom and Aunt help them somewhat, which probably means they cooked today's food.

I smiled when I heard my mom calling us from far away " Oh~ Masa-chan, shou-chan~ you arrived earlier today, come sit sit, me and your aunt made sushi and fried rice today with your favorite side dishes" with a sweet Fondful tone.

" Yay~! I announce my Ownership over the meat dishes-Oi! Shouri don't start eating without me... Tsk betraying your big brother for a simple dish, yeah yeah I know it's your favorite as well but just ask..." I grumbled as I sat down as well.

Then we all started eating by saying
" itadakimasu!".

I then started eating with rice but soon choked a bit due to eating fast... Thankfully Aunt Kasumi was there for the rescue... Imagine dying while choking... Couldn't be me...

OOO

Word count : 2487

Hmmm the last part could have been written better, anyway what do you guys think?

As previously mentioned, here's double chapters today~

Join discord server:- https://discord.gg/b7P23h894H

Btw you need to verify in the pledges channel to gain access to the server

3