Chapter 13 | Life
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fishcatcher was worried.

It wasn't just that he came and go as he pleased. Gob rarely visited her in the Old goblin's hut. In fact, it was abnormal for him to visit so often in those few days. She wanted to tell him, but he barely even spoke to her. He just came for the fish.. Despite that she was always assured that someone else was with her, albeit for a moment.

Maybe that was why she was so worried that the Old goblin will die with no one's presence. She didn't know the word Gob spoke to the goblin, and the goblin didn't spoke to her anymore. It was more days that she could count on her hand. Gob took many fish and went away.

She wanted him to stay. She was scared.

She was scared to go to the tribe alone and notify them of the Old chief's death.

...

Hestia was at her limit.

It was yet another day of useless struggle. She reached the entrance and looked at the forest. She didn't know where she was. She was crushed completely to the point of crying. She reached a nearby tree and stopped to rest. Then she slowly walked to the open plain nearby. It was filled with white flowers.

She recalled it was Etra. Whiteblood in the common tongue. She sat down surrounded by flowers. Etra was a common female name. Many girls at the orphanage would often bear such a name. She cried surrounded by the children she left.

...

Grimmar was a terrible merchant.

He lost his carriage to this random goblin. He didn't even have a piece of silver in his possession. It was three long days since he started walking back to the town. Among all the humiliations he suffered the worst was the random group of bandits. They didn't even consider him to be a merchant and left him a piece of bread so small he barely felt it drop to his already empty stomach.

He was broken in so many ways. He didn't even look up when he heard a rider approach him. He barely answered the call of the knight, yet when the voice got angrier he looked up and forget all the suffering he received.

A Paladin in full shiny armor, was sitting atop a giant war horse. Grimmar could finally speak! He babbled about his misfortune, but then his tongue slipped. As the Paladin heard the news of the roadside slaughter, his expression changed to a wicked mask unfitted for someone of his order.

Grimmar was a big man. He felt little though when he got lifted from the ground by the enraged holy knight. With one hand.. The following seconds of his short conversation Grimmar would remember to the day of his peaceful death in one of the many coastal inns in Vermouth...

...

Nozgu was a smart goblin. He knew not to play with humans who came to the pit. He also knew that the child of the chief was dangerous. The chief was smart.

Albeit dead.

He needed the Elder to let him take this child, but he didn't respond.

He asked the female about smart Gob, but she didn't know where he went. She assumed he was here in the tribe, but it wasn't the case. She didn't know when he went, but he had many fish when he left. Did he feed something?

He asked the hobgoblin. He didn't see Gob around the tribe, and he was last seen after the scavenging here in his cave.

Nozgu got suspicious. He knew not to play with humans. Did smart Gob know? He could talk. What if he found a human that knew of the pit?

He used all his connections to reach the Hob's Chieftain right-hand goblin. Shadowstep was one of the few he considered smart in this tribe of his. First, he used him to poison the bedridden Old Shaman once more. Then he sent him to the source of his suspicions.

It was late at night when Shadowstep returned to his place. The report was short. One spooky cavern. One missing goblin and one human girl.

Nozgu the only Shaman of the tribe knew all too well not to play with humans. It was delightful to hear that smart Gob, the only child of the last goblin chief, didn't know not to...

...

Gob was unaware of his Father's death. It was a week filled with the joy of teaching and magic. He didn't want to come back to the tribe. He saw Hestia leave the cave. She was important. She was teaching. Not like Old goblin, just showing pictures in books.

Not like the Elder who didn't like to teach the young.

Not like stupid Shaman who despised him for even speaking human words.

Gob looked back at his tribe and then back at Hestia crying on the flowerbed. He came closer to her and said.

"Me go to tribe. You wait in the cave."

She looked at him with tears. Her eyes were filled with hopelessness.

"Road is here."

He pointed north. As he did her eyes flashed once more.

"Tomorrow I guide."

0