Interlude: Fragment of Memory(1)
381 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the rain pours down forcefully, Reina rushes to find cover. The darkening skies signal the intensifying storm. She tightens her coat and seeks shelter under an awning, hoping to escape the relentless downpour. The once-busy city streets are now empty as people seek refuge from the sudden deluge.

In the midst of chaos, Reina's eyes caught a glimmer of silver across the road. There, standing alone near a flickering streetlamp, was a girl with mesmerizing silver hair. The girl held a cane in her right hand, seemingly unbothered by the rain that soaked her from head to toe. There was an air of tranquility about her, as if she were in perfect harmony with the tempestuous weather.

"What is she doing out there?! She'll get sick!" Reina couldn't shake the concern that surged through her as she watched the girl with the silver hair stand so calmly in the pouring rain. Her heart urged her to take action, to invite the girl to join her under the awning, where at least they could be shielded from the worst of the storm.

Without a second thought, she left the shelter of the awning and rushed across the road, her footsteps splashing through the puddles. "Hey! Are you alright?" Reina called out as she approached the girl who seemed to be around her age.

The girl turned her head towards Reina, her icy blue eyes meeting Reina's gaze with a serene expression. "I appreciate your concern, but I assure you, I am perfectly fine," She said in that same melodic voice.

"But you're completely soaked," Reina pointed out, worriedly gesturing to the girl's dripping clothes.

"And so are you..." The girl's response caught Reina by surprise, and she looked down at her own soaked clothes, realizing that she was equally drenched from venturing out into the rain to approach her.

"That's not the point," Reina stammered, trying to regain her composure. "What are you doing standing in the middle of the rain anyway?"

"I'm... Observing the sky, I suppose." The girl said plainly. "The rain... It's beautiful..." She held her right hand out, letting the raindrops fall into her palm as if she were collecting the falling water.

"Observing the sky...? Never mind that. Since we were both soaked already, do you want to head to my apartment? It's close by." Reina asked the silver-haired girl. She knew she was being hasty, but the girl looked to be in a daze, her expression blank and unreadable.

"Are you sure?" The girl asked, her voice seeming to regain some of its emotion as she asked. "We just met, after all."

"Sure, we can dry ourselves there. Oh, wait, do you have anyone waiting for you or something?" Reina asked, now wondering if she had put the girl in an awkward situation. "You can even use my clothes to dry up. I won't mind."

"No, no. I'm currently alone. I'll take the offer if you don't mind," the girl said, shaking her head. She looked down at the raindrops in her palm and slowly closed her hand as if she were bidding the rain goodbye.

"Good, then let's go," Reina urged her, not wanting to waste any more time standing out in the storm. The girl followed Reina as she led the way to her apartment, which wasn't far away from where she had spotted the silver-haired girl...

11