Chapter Seventy-Two, Part Two
84 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

Glass fell to the ground, shattered free of window frames by a monstrous roar. Bruce Banner was gone, replaced by a mountain of green flesh. The newborn Hulk glanced about the lab, fists raised as he prepared to shred Banner’s machine to scrap.

 

“Hey there, friend,” Dan's voice pierced through Hulk’s howl, carried by his biolfield into the green man’s ears. Arms spread in a gesture of greeting, he turned his lips up in a bright smile. “Why don’t we take this to a better location?”

 

Grin still in place, Dan waved his hand and teleported the both of them to the centre of the Sahara desert. Hulk didn’t miss a beat, face twisted in rage as he leapt forward with his fists raised.

 

A chuckle slipped free as Dan slapped out, palm against knuckles in a clash that summoned an explosion of sand. Hulk was stopped in his tracks, fist held lightly in Dan’s grasp. The green brute roared, a barrage of sound that was followed by a hail of blows.

 

“Amazing strength, but you need to learn control,” Dan shook his head as he pushed aside the Hulk’s wild haymakers, smile fixed in place as he monitored the power under his opponent’s skin. “This energy reminds me a little of Bucky, a continuous growth that reflects the enemy he’s fighting.”

 

Dan closed his hand and punched out, a small application of his body’s strength. The hurricane of grit around them vanished, shoved aside by a pressure wave that cleared the few clouds in the skies.

 

Thunder crackled across the desert, an echo of sound that hurled the Hulk toward the horizon. The beast tumbled through the air, mouth open in a silent scream as his hands clutched at his chest.

 

“I might have overdone it,” Dan rubbed the back of his head as Hulk slammed into the sandy earth, eyes unfocused as a fist shaped indent in his breastbone pushed outwards. Banner’s healing factor was enough to repair the powdered bone, but his violent aura had momentarily stalled. “It looks like he’s fine, but I imagine he’s pretty pissed off…”

 

Hulk screamed out a confirmation of these thoughts, reddened eyes locked on Dan as the green giant forced himself to his feet. The power within his muscle bound frame rippled outward, an oppressive force that sundered the air in waves.

 

“SMASH!!!” The explosive cry created a shockwave in space. Hulk bounded in its wake, directly toward Dan’s smiling face. “SMASH YOU!!!”

 

Grin in place, Dan stepped to meet the charge. One arm swept aside his opponents green fists, while the other drove a punch under the Hulk’s chin. Teeth driven together like a vice, the transformed Banner flew skyward under the force of the blow.

 

A single step carried Dan into Hulk’s path, elbow raised to follow his uppercut with another strike. Bone cracked, green blood spilled from a broken nose as the oversized giant rocketed through the heavens.

 

“I wonder how much this Hulk can take?” Dan raised an eyebrow as another howl forced its way from Hulk’s lungs. So far, he’d kept his blows light, but the green brute’s growth showed no sign of slowing. “It’s good if he’s strong, but I may need to take this away from the Earth if he keeps it up…”

 


 

 

“I’m glad to accept the Viltrumites under the banner of Krypton, but any of your people who join us will have a long road to walk before you can be considered redeemed,” May blinked, draconic pupils focused onto Thragg’s bowed head. The Grand Regent had taken a knee the moment she appeared and laid out a desperate plea to secure the future of his race. “We have the ability to repopulate Viltrum, a reward that can come after you’ve made amends to the world’s you’ve conquered.”

 

“All I ask is that my people are given a chance to survive,” Thragg kep[t his head down, gaze at May’s feet. “A union with the people of Krypton is the only path forward, a path that all Viltrumites will walk…”

 

“I won’t be putting trust in your words, not yet,” May shook her head and extended a hand. Her symbiote contacted Venom’s clones within the Viltrumite’s bodies and set them into an active state. “The symbiotes that reside inside you will keep a close watch on your behaviour, a safeguard that you might never be free of.”

 

Thragg nodded, focused on his hands as Venom’s clone surfaced. It formed into a suit with a small sigil of the house of EL over his heart. The Grand Regent finally raised his gaze and met May’s eyes.

 

“What of the future children of Viltrum?” Thragg held her gaze, face set in an emotionless mask that did nothing to hide the thunder of his heart. “Will they be forced to follow the same path, held in check by symbiotic collars?”

 

“Any newborns would be innocent, free citizens of Krypton with the same rights as any other,” May smiled as she waved to Mark, who stood across from his father with a sombre expression. “It’s the same with individuals like Mr. Grayson here. He had no hand in the actions of your Empire and Krypton will not hold his bloodline against him.”

 

Omniman’s expression softened at May’s words, while Thragg nodded his head and placed a hand over his heart, atop the silver ‘S’ emblazoned there. One by one, the Viltrumite prisoners joined their Grand Regent and took a knee before their new Empress.

 

“With your permission, I would like to step aside and select another to stand at the head of my people,” Thragg turned his gaze to Anissa, who stood hand in hand with Goku. “A new Grand Regent, one who already has Krypton’s respect…”

 


 

 

“You want me to install this space station inside Mistress May’s void worm…” Ultron narrowed his eyes at the simple, polygonal structure. Anakin had dragged the A.I. to the Mortis monolith’s location, dead set on his plan to transform the massive silicon lifeform into a mobile temple. “It would require a custom phantom drive, one precise enough to socket it perfectly into place within the beast.”

 

“I believe in you,” Anakin patted the unimpressed A.I. on the shoulder, his gaze drawn to the expanse of stars beyond the viewport. Even since he’d accepted the coronation of the Force, a dark patch itched at the edge of his perceptions. “Let me know if you need any help later on, but I’ve got some business to take care of…”

 

A ripple in the Force and Anakin was back within Mortis, seated on the throne of balance. The shadow in his mind’s eyes was nestled within a prison of black holes, wrapped in a horrible ocean of power.

 

“Abeloth…”

12