Chapter Two, Part Two
1.5k 11 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can!

 

Now, on to the chapter!


"The people here are fools..."

 

"They're nice," Dan rolled his eyes at Ultron's complaint. "They charged us nothing and we're free to build a pretty large home at the edge of town."

 

"Exactly," Ultron snorted. "They gave away the only thing of value they had, and received no guarantees."

 

"We might not be contractually obligated to protect this place, but morally, it's a no-brainer."

 

"That's right," May poked at the grumpy A.I., a smile on her face. "They're our friends, kind of, so we'll protect them if we can."

 

A mechanical sigh echoed from Ultron's throat. The artificial being struggled with his new restrictions. Dan imagined it was difficult, now that he was bound by more than programs. The system was a bizarre thing, magical and terrifying.

 

"Let's get back to the ship and scout out a location for the new city!"

 

May lead the way, excitement in her every move. Dan smiled, her joy a welcome infection. He still walked as if he was in a dream. The events he'd experienced were too far out of the norm. His family was his touchstone, an anchor that held him in place.

 

"Wait for me!"

 


 

 

"What was this planet called again..."

 

Dan gazed at the snow-capped mountain, chosen by May as their new home. Her plan, supported by Ultron, was to hollow out the interior into a vast city. Its surface would be carved, sculpted into tiered sections to support massive gardens.

 

"Garnib, I believe," Merlyn shrugged. "But I imagine that won't last."

 

"Why's that?"

 

"This place will be considered the birthplace of the kryptonians," Merlyn smirked. "What else could it be called but Krypton?"

 

"The birthplace of the kryptonians..."

 

"Even if you never use that genesis chamber again," Merlyn gloated over Dan's confusion, "You and your wife will have children. A bunch of newborn gods, ready to fly into the universe!"

 

Dan frowned at the wizard's prediction. It wasn't far from fact. He'd already considered the use of the genesis chamber. More kryptonians would be safer. As for his children... they would indeed become known, if they ever left home.

 

"Krypton, huh..."

 

"Indeed," Merlyn cackled. "The first planet of a mighty empire, home to the New Gods!"

 

"Don't get ahead of yourself," Dan shook his head. "We've got a lot of problems to deal with, before we can worry about empire building."

 

"If you're worried about the dark sorcerers, then you need not bother," Merlyn's wrinkled face parted in a cheshire grin. "They're focused on the wrong things, and we know the plot!"

 

"How do you know so much..."

 

Dan checked his system interface, the section listed as 'summon data.' What the hell is 'acausality,' he squinted. Something about time moving backward for the old wizard.

 

"Everything is old news to me, my boy," Merlyn winked. "I've seen it all before."

 

"Whatever," Dan rolled his eyes. "You're weird future sight will come in handy, I guess."

 

Dan already knew the future of this world, at least he knew the outcome if he didn't get involved. His plans would change the plot, drastically. If everything went his way, the Empire may never rise.

 

"I can see the future, no more than you," Merlyn became stern. "I know the future I lived, but that has nothing to do with the future we build right now."

 

"Well then, let's go help May," Dan smiled, a fire in his eyes. "The sooner we lay the foundations, the closer we get to the best outcome for all."

 


 

 

"What do you think?"

 

May gestured to a detailed set of schematics. They outlined a complex city, designed for comfort and ease of travel. Green spaces exited everywhere, even within the mountain itself. When it was finished, it would be a work of art.

 

"It's beautiful," Dan pecked May on the cheek. "When can we get started?"

 

"Ultron is using the ship to build himself some drones," May smiled. "Once he has enough, we'll start building!"

 

Dan leaned in and studied the design. Beauty aside, it was a functional masterpiece. A spoked system of walkways, layered through the mountain, led to a central core. This would be the initial construction site, and the position of their home.

 

System, can I get access to kryptonian crystal technology?

 

"Quest activated: Find and rescue Anakin Skywalker. Reward: One programmed fortress crystal with Jor-El A.I. assistant."

 

"A quest, huh..."

 

It was a bit early for him to go out into the galaxy, but the reward would speed the construction of the base by leaps and bounds.

 

"What quest?" May tilted her head, brow furrowed. "Is your system talking again?"

 

"Yup, I've got a mission to save Anakin Skywalker," Dan shrugged. "But the reward will help with the city."

 

"Well then, let's go," May grabbed his hand. "Come on Bear, Stormy! We've got a quest to complete!"

 

"If you plan to leave this world, then as your guardian I must follow..."

 

Ultron appeared from the shadows like a ghost. His features held no emotion, but Dan could tell he was annoyed.

 

"We can wait until your drones are done, that way you can keep working while you're out with us."

 

"Thank you... Master." The title came from Ultrons mouth like a curse. "Your consideration is most welcomed."

 

"You don't have to call me master, Dan is fine."

 

He didn't like the term. It seemed normal when it came to Merlyn, but the man was a wizard. 

 

"Very well..." Ultron nodded. "We'll be ready to go in under an hour, Dan."

 


 

The scout ship slipped from the phantom zone, secured in orbit around a yellow ball of sand. No water graced the surface, just endless desert. Hurricanes of grit swept through what was once a lush world.

 

"Tatooine..."

 

"Looks inviting," May scrunched her nose at the wasted landscape. "Is this the place with the podracing?"

 

"Yeah, but we're not going to see any of that," Dan chuckled. "We'll be in and out as fast as possible."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because," A grin formed on Dan's lips. "We're about to steal some slaves." 


Thanks again! This fanfiction is also available for free on my Patreon, alongside some of my other work, so please visit! Updates for this series will be at around three a week, eventually. For the next bit enjoy three chapter parts a day! It will slow down around 24ish chapter parts into the normal schedule.

79