Chapter Seven, Part One
979 2 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Random Bonus Chapter! Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our first two supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Any support there makes this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be moved up in priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

"Master, over here!"

 

The humans, a red-haired girl, and an older man, sped from the jungle. The pair split into a loose formation when they sighted Ultron's drones, hands rested near the tubes on their belts.

 

"Greetings, Master Jedi," Dan bowed at the waist. "We mean no harm, our droids are assisting the survey team to our ship."

 

"Jedi Master Kast Fulier," The man nodded his head. "You don't look like a Republic rescue team..."

 

"You look like pirates," The redhead squeaked. "We should search their ship!"

 

"Etain... I can sense no danger here, it's good to be wary, but..."

 

"That's alright," Dan laughed. "You're welcome to look around, just listen to the droids if they say an area shouldn't be touched."

 

"That doesn't build confidence..." Etain squinted. "What if they're slavers!"

 

"Etain, that's enough," Kast rubbed the back of his head. "We don't need to search your ship, but a ride would be appreciated."

 

"You guys sank your ships as well..." Dan raised his eyebrows. "Don't any of your vessels have a hover mode?" 

 

"They do, but you need a pilot for that… our ships are single-seaters," Kast laughed. "I had to pull Etain free from her fighter before the swamp swallowed her whole!"

 

"Are all Jedi so... carefree," Dan returned the man's easy smile. "You're both welcome, but we've got another group to save, three miles north of here."

 

"Another group?" Kast squinted into the jungle. "There's too much life here, I can't get a solid read."

 

"Ultron here has pretty good sensors," Dan hooked his thumb at the A.I. "It won't take long for his drones to gather them up."

 

"We should go with you," Etain stamped her foot. "This was supposed to be our rescue mission, not yours!"

 

"That's fine, but do you mind if Ultron carries you both?" Dan projected a map from his wrist. "It's a good distance in terrible terrain, even for force-enhanced muscles."

 

"That should be fine," Kast sized up Ultron's drones. "What are these things normally used for?"

 

"This model is a multi-purpose design," Ultron praised himself. "I incorporated enough defense and offense to function as a bodyguard, while maintaining functional use as both constructors and labor units."

 

"You're not as simple..." Kast leaned closer to Ultron's vibranium casing. "You're built for war."

 

"Ultron is primarily a guardian unit," Dan stepped in. "He has many other functions, but his purpose is to protect me and my family."

 

"That makes sense," Kast nodded, a knowing look in his eye. "You'd have to be the heir of a tech powerhouse to own armor as advanced as that, let alone such a droid."

 

"He's a rich kid?" Etain frowned. "Gross..."

 

"I guess you could put it that way," Dan laughed off Etain's insult. "Our company hasn't gone public yet, but when we do, I'll give the Jedi a discount."

 

"Let's finish this banal task," Ultron interjected. "Another life sign has vanished while you've carried on."

 

"The droid is right," Kast nodded. "Let's go!"

 


 

 

"That's the last of them," Kast smiled as the young woman was carried into the ship. "You're droid does good work!"

 

"Thanks, he's..."

 

A wave of nausea rose from Dan's core. It pressed against his throat, a pressure he'd not felt since before his rebirth. The ground met his knees as the skies orbited his head.

 

"What's the matter..." Kast's voice caught in his throat. He paled, then greened to match Dan's pallor. "The force is screaming!"

 

"Master, it's so loud," Etain pressed her hands to her ears in a futile effort. "What's happening!"

 

"I don't know, I..."

 

"You have changed the course..."

 

A whispered voice tickled the backs of their necks. Stability returned to Dan's body, but pressure weighed against him.

 

"This is forbidden... what's done can not be undone."

 

A different voice sighed against Dan's cheek. It held a tinge of anger, a flush under the skin.

 

"Some should stay, some should go," A third voice pressed against his lips. "You broke the chain, changed the flow..."

 

Three, tall, gaunt figures appeared, formed in a circle around them. Their white hair floated on incorporeal winds, sharp talons clear in the twilight sun.

 

"What the hell are these things..." Etain slid closer to her Master. "They're submerged in the force..."

 

"Starweirds," Master Kast lifted his lightsaber from its clip. "A species of force ghost, no one understands why they appear, but it's usually in hyperspace."

 

The trio of ghosts rushed toward the group, eyes locked on Dan. Master Kast reflected two with his lightsaber, but one slipped past. It seized Dan's chest, hands through his ribs, wrapped around his heart.

 

The other two screamed, an explosion of force energy that brought Kast to his knees. They joined their brethren, hands under Dan's skin. 

 

"You have sinned," The Starweirds chanted together. "Now face your end, a bitt..."

 

A ripple of grey flame pushed the creatures back, punctuated by a deep snort.

 

"Put aside your pallid rhymes, this lyrical method is claimed as mine," Etrigan walked into existence. "The Wizard sensed the world's curse, so he sent one of superior verse!"

 

The starweirds gazed at the demon without emotion, mouths opened in lipless screams. They descended as one, hungry teeth aimed for the demon's flesh.

 

"A foolish choice, but yours to make," Etrigan licked his teeth. "Your bravery is commended, my heart... it aches..."

 

A sad look on his face, the demon pranced forward, light on his feet. The first ghost to reach him separated into fragments. Talons covered in ectoplasm, Etrigan swatted another Starweird away.

 

"Nothing more than a ghost, but with a hint of life," Etrigan licked his fingers clean. "The world offers a carrot of hope, and gives nothing but strife."

 

The Starweirds that remained gnashed their teeth, enraged by the demon's words. They charged together, one low, the other high.

 

"A valiant effort, my witless friends, but you've no more time to make amends..." Etrigan reached out both hands, claws spread wide. "I'll tell your story, to the interested few, through this mercy, you'll live anew!"

 

His palms closed around the starweirds throats. A pair of snaps, followed by a rush of green liquid. The demon finished his snack, face turned to Dan

 

"You're fine, so I'll return, remember this and try to learn..."

 

The demon faded from sight. The only sounds were Dan's breath in the air and the hum of Kast's lightsaber.

 

"What the HELL was that thing!"


Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our first three supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Any support there makes this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be moved up in priority, it will be! Updates for this series will be at around three a week, eventually, with bonus chapters whenever I can get them written and edited. For the next bit enjoy three chapter parts a day! It will slow down around 24ish chapter parts into the normal schedule.

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

58