Chapter Eleven, Part Two
827 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our first two supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Any support there makes this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“What the hell is this, Ultron…” Dan squinted at the new, holographic display. “When did you finish that?”

 

The Gladius cruised toward a chaotic battlefield. Hundreds of thousands of Ultron’s drones glided through space like metal rivers of light. Blue and red-orange plasma clashed in the skies over Zonama Sekot, while dozens of drones vanished into strange black holes. 

 

Positioned at the edge of the system, a three kilometre long wedge vomited yet more drones into the void. Huge cannons atop its surface heaved great orbs of guided plasma into the shields of the Yuuzhan Vong frigates. A flicker in the dark brought another, half-finished carrier into the system, a fresh wave of drones disgorged from its belly.

 

“TWO!” Dan rounded on the sheepish machine. “What happened to letting me know when they were finished?”

 

“I promised to inform you when the kryptonian carriers you requested were complete,” Ultron hedged. “These are merely prototypes, advanced models designed to ferry my constructors between the various projects you’ve created.”

 

“Uh huh, sure,” Dan rolled his eyes. “Maybe I need to lay down a new level of restrictions…”

 

“Not necessary, I assure you!” Ultron edged away. “The ships you request are due at the end of tomorrow, based on the data gained from the construction of these few vessels…”

 

A flash drew attention to the display, where a third, larger ship appeared. Twice the size of the others, and more unfinished than either vessel, it bore down on the Vong fleet. Ultron raised his hands and Dan rounded on him.

 

“This is the prototype for the destroyer, it is in an early phase, with no weapons and limited ability,” The A.I. leaned closer to the display, a grin on his mechanical lips. “I summoned it because these alien shields have become tiresome.”

 

The unfinished destroyer ploughed through the centre of battle, on a direct course for the enemy formation. Plasma carved its hull into tatters, both friendly and enemy fire. It ignored all attacks and reached out to embrace the largest Yuuzhan ship. A flare of black, a lance, followed by a disc half the size of the ship, caught Ultron’s prototype.

 

The effort was wasted. Six kilometres of kryptonian steel emptied its mass into the Vong frigate, an explosion that engulfed two more ships. The chain continued, most of the fighters and drones reduced to wasted scrap. Ultron dispatched a fresh wave to clean up the last frigate, an ocean that closed from all sides.

 

“There’s always a bigger fish,” satisfaction dripped from the A.I. ‘s tone.

 

“There really is…” Dan loomed behind the machine, an evil glint in his eyes. “It’s time for a report on ALL of your activities since you came online, and I mean all, without exception.”

 

“Is that really…”

 

“Let’s make that an order, shall we?” Dan poked Ultron in the chest. “I get that you’re probably the smartest of all of us, but you don’t seem to grasp what I’ve told you.”

 

Dan waved to the decimated fleet of Vong ships. Drones moved between the wreckage and picked through the loot for information of the bioform designs.

 

“These ships are nothing, a drop in the ocean to the Vong. Small, weak scouts, a trillionth of the actual threat.”

 

Dan didn’t know too much about the Vong war, but he knew that a united galaxy almost failed to repel them. It had taken the use of Centerpoint station and the deaths of most of the new generation of Jedi to do it.

 

“These vessels are interesting, but not infallible,” Ultron shrugged. “Once I have analysed the debris, I can design bioweapons to counter this technology, I…”

 

“I get it,” Dan waved his hand. “But that's not the point, the Vong aren’t the actual threat. Bigger fish, remember?” Dan’s fingers tapped at the display and brought up a projection of the galaxy. “I know about less than one percent of these worlds, and I can name three sleeping horrors that would crush us, or worse…”

 

Abeloth, the mother of chaos. Mnggal-Mnggal, the life eater. Not to mention the Ones, hold up in Mortis. Who knew what they would do to beings that disrupted the flow of the force. Lost Sith, ancient superweapons, and powerful force cults, this galaxy held them all. 

 

“Who knows what the other ninety-nine percent have, hidden in their depths?” Dan shook his head, eyes hardened as he stared down his summoned servant. “I want to know, and approve, everything you do from now on. I won’t risk you changing the plot beyond what I can control.”

 

“Go easy on him, Dan,” May thumped a fist into his shoulder. “From what you’ve said about his nature, this is pretty tame.”

 

“We’ll see,” Dan squinted at Ultron, finger pointed under his nose. “Now spill!”

 

“WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE,” Leor interrupted the bubble around Dan’s group. “Massive ships that go against the Russan Reformation, armies of droids, a star map that includes the deep core and unknown regions…”

 

“Ahhh…” Dan scratched his head. “I forgot you guys were here… but it’s not a big deal. You’re going to be working for Ultron from now on anyway, so you’ll need to know some things.”

 

“I’m the Magistrat of this world, I don’t work for anyone!” Leor snorted. “Just because you saved us, doesn’t mean you can order us around.”

 

“True, but your planet has agreed to let my people colonise this world,” Dan cast the ex-jedi an evil grin. “I don’t think you’ll hold that title for long.”

 

“That’s…”

 

“Just listen to him, Leor,” Ako swatted the back of his head. “We owe them our lives, they saved the Colony today, and look at this ship.” She waved to the smooth walls around them. “It’s more than we’ve ever gotten from Sekot… it shows who she values.”

 

“Fine,” Leor threw up his hands. “But I expect to be involved in your building plans. For now, I’m still the authority on this world!”

 

“Sure, sure,” Dan waved him off and turned to Ultron. “Now get started, list out all you’ve done, from the beginning!”

 

“Well…” Ultron tapped his chin. “First let's start with Centerpoint station…”


Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our first three supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Any support there makes this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Updates for this series will be at five a week, a chapter part monday-friday, with bonus chapters whenever I can get them written and edited. 

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

48