Chapter Thirty-Two, Part Two
436 12 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/TFCwr7vg

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“So… what’s so special about those two?” May squinted at the target of Dan’s interest, a Twi'lek youth and her oversized Wookie companion. “They seem normal enough, maybe even a bit soft for people living in a place like this.”

 

Dan smiled at May’s assessment. She wasn’t wrong. Mission and Zaalbar were not like the black hearted types that surrounded them on this level. An anomaly among the wolves, protected by the might of the Wookie’s wrath.

 

“They are fated companions of one of our targets,” Dan squinted as the Cantina door hissed open and revealed a brick headed man. Grey black hair cut into a tall sided square, Canderous Ordo stalked his way into the bar. “Our other target has finally shown his face.”

 

Dan tipped his glass toward the Mandalorian as the man wove his way to the bar. After his time with Revan, Canderous would rise to the position of Mandalore. There was no better tutor to instil Mandalorian teachings to the new Kryptonians.

 

“He looks more useful,” May tracked the man through the crowd and snorted when he planted a fist in the eye of a random thug.. “He reminds me of Jango, but less stuffy…”

 

“He’s similar, maybe better in some ways,” Dan rose to his feet and helped May to hers. Jango Fett was skilled, but his cloned son had greater success against the Jedi than he did. “Canderous becomes capable of battling powerful Sith under Revan’s leadership, not to mention when he allies with the Exile.”

 

“Alright, you can go convince him to join us,” May gave him a peck on the cheek and turned toward the Twi’lek/Wookie pair. “I’ll handle Mission and the furball!”

 

Dan nodded as May moved to follow through on her words. His own feet carried him through the crowd, toward the Mandalorian’s back. The big man stood more than a foot taller, even with Venom to reinforce his height.

 

“I don’t care,” Canderous lifted a bruised gang member from the ground, voice raised above the pulse of music. “Davik Kang always gets his dues, now go tell your boss he has less than a week to pay up,” the Mandalorian flicked his wrist and sent the Rodian into a cluster of his friends. “If he doesn’t agree, I’ll come say hello myself…”

 

Canderous turned, light on his feet as Dan came within a metre of his back. Eyebrows raised, he looked Dan’s Venom coated body up and down.

 

“You’re one ugly fellow…” the Mandalorian shook his head and moved to walk past Dan. “Unless you’re looking for trouble, I’d keep to myself with a face like that!”

 

A bark of laughter slipped from Dan’s throat. Every Mandalorian he met had the same disdain for others. They valued strength, nothing else. A light push of his toes and Dan appeared in front of Canderous, faster than a human eye could follow.

 

“I’m not looking for trouble, Canderous Ordo,” A flick of his hand crushed the muzzle that the Mandalorian levelled at his head. Dan let a shark toothed grin spread over his face as blaster parts fell to the floor. “I’m looking to hire you, work far less degrading than shake downs and scrap retrieval.”

 

Canderous stepped back, wary as he examined his shattered rifle. He placed a hand on a blaster pistol at his hip, gaze steady as he met Dan’s eyes.

 

“That’s quite the grip you’ve got there, fast too…” the Mandalorian flashed Dan a return grin and relaxed his readied stance. He waved to a secluded table and led the way. “I’ll hear what you have to say, but my services don’t come cheap!”

 


 

 

“Let’s get out of here, Big Z,” Mission Vao peaked around her Wookie friend at the confrontation between Canderous and the void-black humanoid. “That guy is bad news…”

 

“He’s not so bad, once you get to know him!” A voice at her back triggered Mission’s survival reflex. She spun to face another member of the newcomers species, this one with more feminine body lines

 

“Who the heck are you!” Mission jumped back, hand on her vibroblade. Zaalbar howled and opened his arms wide, a threat display that the blue-black woman ignored.

 

“You can call me May,” The woman’s skin shifted and flowed, until the face of a young human was exposed to the dim light of the Cantina. “My Husband and I are looking to recruit some of the locals,” May extended a hand past Zaalbar’s raised limbs and smiled at them both. “We need someone with knowledge of the levels below this one, someone who isn’t afraid to journey into the depths of the planet.”

 

“Count us out!” Mission tugged on Zaalbar’s tunic. “Let’s go, Z…”

 

“We can help you find your brother, my Husband knows where he is!” May’s words halted the Twi’lek in her tracks and earned a deep growl from Zaalbar. May turned a smile to the gruff Wookie. “We can also help you with the corporate-funded slavery that has become common on your homeworld, if you’re interested!”

 

“You know where Griff is…” Mission turned angry eyes to meet May’s calm smile. “Who are you people?”

 

Zaalbar wailed his agreement of Mission’s question, a series of resonant roars that caused May to wince.

 

“You can think of us as allies to the Jedi,” A flicker of light blossomed in May’s hand, a simple cantrip that created a rose of blue-white flame. “We’re here to find allies for our work, but we’re also invested in improving the conditions in the lower levels here on Taris.”

 

Mission waved Zaalbar to silence, face pinched. Her eyes darted around them, at the worn, bedraggled patrons of the dingy Cantina.

 

“It would be a dream come true, if you’re not lying,” the young Twi’lek bit her lip and placed a hand on Zaalbar’s arm. “Do you really know where Griff is… I haven't heard from him in so long…”

 

“Dan does,” May nodded, her smile brighter than ever. She motioned for them to take a seat and led by example. “Once he’s finished his talk with the Mandalorian, hopefully they can both join us!”

24