Chapter Forty-Four, Part One
297 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/DVaFEmZC

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Shanks?” Dan squinted closely at the Captain’s face. He wasn’t very familiar with One Piece, but most casual anime fans would recognize the name. “Captain of the Red Hair Pirates and Luffy’s benefactor…”

 

“Luffy?” Shanks’ eyes hardened and the pressure from his aura almost crystalized in the air. He stepped towards Dan, who floated unaffected by his display. “What do you know about Luffy?”

 

“Don’t you know it’s impolite to threaten your host?” Dan let a small smile twitch at his lips. His biofield filled with ki, blue flame that expanded to cover Shanks and his wooden vessel. Why don’t we all sit down and talk like rational adults?”

 

A flick of Dan’s wrist and Shanks was forced to one knee, bent to the deck under a horrible force. The rest of his crew was laid out flat, but the Captain managed to raise his head in defiance. An aura of red, followed by an explosive wave of white light, erupted from Shanks and into the tranquil air of Garnib.

 

It struggled against the blue of his biofield, a pushback that raised Dan’s eyebrows. This fellow was powerful, strong enough that he would have found himself potentially outclassed before his travels beyond the universe. As it was, Shanks’ Haki couldn’t even shift him backwards through the air.

 

“I said sit…” Dan adjusted his biofield, focused it onto Shanks alone. Another flick of his fingers and the pirate was forced to the deck, muscles taught as he struggled to rise. “I only know of Luffy by name, and I have no ill will to him, or you.”

 

“That seems pretty unlikely,” Shanks snorted as he pushed against Dan’s blue flame, unable to lift his back from the wood behind him. “You’re powerful enough to subdue me without much effort, why would you bother telling me the truth?”

 

“A better question is, why would I lie?” Dan rolled his eyes and gestured to the scenic vista of Garnib’s icy mountains and plains. “I don’t NEED you to join my cause, and if I wanted I could just order you to be obedient.”

 

“I doubt that…”

 

“I order you not to talk,” Dan smiled as the pirate lost his voice. Shanks struggled for a moment, before he turned a cautious glance into Dan’s eyes. “Anything I summon is bound to follow my orders, a deal that you agreed to before you appeared before me… feel free to speak.”

 

“What are you…” Shanks cleared his throat and stopped his struggles against the biofield. He laid his head back against the deck and closed his eyes. “Some kind of god or something?”

 

“Not yet,” Dan laughed and let his bielfield retract. It vanished from sight as his ki returned beneath his skin, while he extended a hand and pulled the pirate Captain to his feet. “But it might take that much power to send you home!”

 


 

 

“You really did a number on her, kid,” Allen shook his head and patted Goku on the shoulder. The Saiyan turned his miserable face from Anissa's unconscious form toward Allen’s single eye. “Don’t worry too much, Viltrumites are pretty resilient… and she is an enemy after all.”

 

“I know, but I still feel awful,” Goku shook his bandaged head and took hold of his furry tail. He gave the dexterous limb a sharp tug, one that almost knocked him to his knees. “Dan wants me to master my Great-Ape transformation, but I’m not sure it’s even possible…”

 

“Don’t go ripping parts off of yourself,” Allen rolled his single eye and gave his friend a solid shake. “Dan-EL is right, that form is powerful… learning to control it is facing the problem, rather than running away.”

 

“But, what if I had killed someone again,” Goku held his head between his hands and clamped shut his eyes. “What if Etrigan hadn’t gotten there and…”

 

“This is the medical facility…” 

 

Dan’s voice echoed from the doorway, where a small ground of humanoids shuffled chaotically into the room. A tall, green skinned man with a golden eye and a woman in a shark-shin brassiere walked hand in hand through the door, followed by an unsteady fellow with dreadlocks and a bandana.

 

“Once we’ve upgrade your vessels for the modern age, each one will have a similar chamber to treat any injuries that might affect you or your crews,” Dan ushered a grizzled man in a pirate hat and a blue-skinned fellow with a mohawk inside and followed, a tall read-headed man and a tentacled horror at his side. “Most things can be dealt with in less than a day, but more serious injuries can take…”

 

Dan tilted his head as Goku and Allen came into sight, before he shrugged and motioned for the group to continue forward.

 

“Everyone, this is Goku and Allen, another pair of friends from different universes,” Dan motioned from Goku to the newest summons, one by one. “Goku, this is Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa, Captain Davy Jones, Enzo and Andrea, and Captain Shanks.”

 

“Hey everyone,” Goku raised a dispirited hand in greeting and received an unenthusiastic chorus of hellos in response. Dan moved forward to stare at the unconscious woman inside the healing tank and the Saiyan’s tail curled up in shame. “I’m sorry Dan, I messed up and hurt someone again…”

 

“Who is she… a Viltrumite?” Dan’s brow raised as he scanned the woman’s body. “You really worked her over, huh… well it looks like she’ll live, so no lasting harm done!”

 

“I think I want to remove my tail…” Goku waved the brown furred appendage in front of his body and gave it a dirty look. “I don’t think I’ll ever be capable of controlling my inner ape and I don’t want to hurt anybody else by accident.”

 

“If you’re dead set on it, then I can talk with Merlyn about sealing away its growth,” Dan’s eyes hardened as he met Goku’s gaze. “But there are potential bloodline transformations that you’ll lose access to forever, entire paths to power that will end if you give up on controlling the Great-Ape.”

 

“A fascinating conversation, really…” Jack staggered up, body almost boneless as he leaned closer to Dan and flashed an unhealthy grin. “Is there any chance we could visit a tavern? I’ve got a powerful thirst and it seems as if the rum has gone…”

 

“We’ll see what we can find on our next stop…” Dan patted Goku on the shoulder and gave a more gentle smile to the young man. “Think carefully, if you still want to remove it in a few days, we’ll visit Merlyn together… now come on, I’m about to show everyone the dining hall and our vast array of food!”

 

“I think I’ll stay here,” Goku shook his head and turned back to the unconscious Anissa. “Allen should go, he hasn’t eaten since we arrived.”

 

“Fair enough,” Dan nodded and left the Saiyan to his thoughts, hand extended to guide Allen along with the group. “This way, big man… we’ve got more varieties of food here than you’ve probably ever seen in your life.”

 

“We’ll see about that,” Allen snorted and let himself be directed from the medical chamber. “Are you really the same kid I met before? You’ve sprouted up pretty well!”

21