Chapter Forty-Eight, Part One
269 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/uwHZCtfg

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Keep as close to me as you can when we’re fighting Abeloth,” Dan cut his com with Abeloth and placed a thumb on Anissa’s forehead. A small circle of runes flared bright, before they sunk beneath her skin. “These will protect your mind, but her physical abilities are no joke.”

 

As long as she had a force sensitive host, she could pour all her true power into its twisted flesh. She could move singularities at her best, but that much energy would shred the frail body of poor Master C’baoth. Even so, Dan called on both his and Venom’s ki, prepared with his best defence.

 

Wreathed in a midnight-blue sky, he advanced on the Outbound Flight. A mild tingle appeared at the back of his mind, a forewarning of the barrage of turbolaser fire from around them. The crews of the surrounding vessels had fallen under Abeloth’s control, souls taken by her ever hungry maw and replaced with twisted copies of herself.

 

“Disarm and disable these ships, I’ll deal with the source of the problem,” Dan flashed through the sheets of greens and blues, uncensored with the Chiss clawcraft that rammed themselves against his body. “Come out Abeloth, let’s get this over with…”

 

The Outbound Flight separated into seven sections, six dreadnaughts that composed the drive and the undefended central colony ship nestled between them. Abeloth ripped her way free of the colony ship's hull, face opened into an impossible grin. 

 

She raised her hand as the dreadnoughts opened fire, a flick of her wrist that tossed the ruined hulk behind her at Dan’s face. Unfazed, he flew straight through the colony ship, only for its reactor to self-destruct.

 

Dan blitzed from within the explosion, fists raised to batter a path through the telekinetic field around Abeloth’s clone. The macabre woman raised her hand and pushed it forward, a ripple of Force power that brought a trickle of blood from her mouth.

 

“Strong…” Dan released a wave of midnight ki, a vortex that flattened under the cosmic horror’s attack. Abeloth’s body swayed, eyes unfocused, and he took his chance. “She can’t use that kind of power without a price, and a second of distraction is enough…”

 

The bright lances of energy within the space around him slowed, half-frozen lines that inched their way through the void. He pressed through the curtains of light, a spear pointed at Abeloth’s heart. 

 

His fingertips reached close, almost at the woman’s pale neck, when she smiled. A mighty press of raw power slammed Dan from his course and straight through a nearby dreadnaught. Blood erupted from Abeloth’s mouth, a ruby ring that decorated her distended smile.

 

“Your body is so powerful, and it’s only begun to grow,” the pinpoints of light at the centre of Abeloth’s eyes flashed, a brief moment of brilliance that faded as soon as it came. “My son was right… you are perfect, a vessel made of your flesh would never fail me.”

 

“I’m afraid my flesh is spoken for,” Dan flashed from the wreckage of one of the Outbound Flight’s defenders and continued his assault. The faster he burnt out C’baoth’s malformed body, the faster he limited her power in this fight. “And you don’t seem like the kind who respects the bodies she wears…”

 

A second clone of Abeloth erupted from the wreckage behind him, no doubt C’baoth’s unfortunate apprentice. Dan cleaved the weaker avatar in half and burnt it to ash with his heat vision, until nothing remained.

 

“So many abilities, all soon to be mine,” Abeloth’s main clone drifted closer, barely upright as blood seeped from her eyes. “One day, my prison will fail and I will be free, do you think your pathetic mental wards will hold against the power of my true body?”

 

“No matter how many new children Sidious recruits, you will never be free,” Dan released a blast of ki empowered heat vision, deflected by a wave of Abeloth’s hand. Her arm separated from her body, blackened by the use of her own power. “You’ll live out your immortal days behind that curtain of black holes, under the careful watch of me and my family.”

 

“Delude yourself all you like,” Abeloth shrugged and her other arm joined the first, adrift in the darkness of space. Black, clotted blood dripped from her nose and ears, down her face and into her widened jaw. “... my son grows tired, but we shall meet again… become strong for me, I don’t abide with useless servants.”

 

The jaw fell from her head and tumbled away, light gone from her eyes. Dan consumed all that remained in a wave of amplified heat and turned to the now silent ships around them. With Abeloth’s prison sealed once more, the vessels she’d hollowed out became lifeless flesh.

 

“What in the name of the Emperor was that creature…” Anissa drifted to his side, covered in soot from her actions to disable the fleet. A small line of blood trickled from the corner of her lips. “The aftershocks of her attacks were enough to injure me from so far away.”

 

“She’s a mad god, a Mother who lost herself and then lost her family,” Dan sighed as he surveyed the Chiss fleet. All these bodies had to be purged, but he would speak with Thrawn before he took action. “She should be well bottled up in her box, but a foolish Sith turned demon is poking at her cage.”

 


 

 

“She is becoming more active…” A saddened mask tipped to the side. She looked to her sisters, and shook her head. “Things are spiralling out of control, as we had feared”

 

“The Force cannot divine a path,” Confusion closed her eyes, but failed to find any new visions to guide their way. “We are blind, the future is unknown…”

 

“We should have killed all the intruders as soon as they appeared,” Anger stamped her foot and cast a scowl at the tallest of her sisters. “If you had not commanded us to wait, the Force would not be in chaos and things would be on course to the chosen fate.”

 

“I made the choice that the Force demanded,” Serenity shrugged her shoulders, as aloof and dispassionate as always. “We are all bound to its will, this is the path it has chosen and we must find a way to walk it.”

 

“Don’t worry, the next activation will be soon,” Joy clapped her hands and danced around her sisters. “He always returns more powerful than before, Abeloth is still contained and the true threat has yet to find us… have faith in the will of the Force, it has put us in this position for a reason!”

19