Chapter Fifty-Two, Part One
236 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Your power is incredible… unimaginable,” Thragg gripped his dislocated arm and forced the joint back into place. He flexed his fingers, eyes focused on the enraged Saiyan. “But brute force can only go so far.”

 

The Viltrumite rocketed skyward, headed for the vacuum of space. Thunder in his ears, Goku raced after Thragg’s heels. No matter how hard he hit, his enemy continued to battle, face set in the same, emotionless expression.

 

“You can’t run from me, Thragg!” Ki surged through his body, an untamed rush that his little-used biofield couldn’t contain. Dan had spoken to him about Super Saiyans, but he hadn’t truly understood until this moment. “The whole galaxy is at my fingertips!”

 

Twin flashes filled the skies, one at his previous location, the other in Thragg’s path. The phantom drive wasn’t meant to be used in combat, his trip unusually rough as his ki interacted with the time distorted space. Goku emerged from his jump, arms set behind his back. Face awash in the explosive glow of his aura, his lips opened in a deep set roar.

 

“HAAAAAAAA!!!”

 

Blue-white fire lanced from his extended palms, a beam of light that pinned Thragg against the sun. The Vitramite howled, arms raised to shield his face as the unforgiving tide washed him backwards through space.

 

Skin blistered as his suit turned to ash, rage in his eyes as a silent bellow rippled through his body. Thragg gave a final, hateful glance into Goku’s eyes, before he rolled to the side and accelerated into the depths of space.

 

“I told you, I can follow you, no matter how far you go!” A rippled spread from Goku, destabilised space that heralded a phantom jump. He would chase Thragg to whatever hole he fled to and burn it to ash alongside him. “You’ll pay for what you did to Anissa!”

 

“Sleep…” a wash of soothing light touched his brow and the yellow-gold of his transformation vanished, replaced by a deep, dreamless black.

 


 

 

“These two are two peas in a pod,” May shook her head as she scooped up the bespelled Goku with her biofield. The Saiyan joined the rest of the unconscious group, placed next to the revived Anissa. “Always getting into trouble…”

 

May narrowed her eyes, focused into the distant void. Thragg was still accelerating, speeds that even she would struggle to match. The energy within his body seemed to grow in proportion to his speed, but from the expression on his face his reaction time wasn’t magnified to the same degree.

 

A flick of her finger sent a string of runes through the gaps in space, an invisible imprint that burrowed into the Viltrumite’s back. She would deal with this Thragg after she returned her charges to Sadala.

 

“Anissa was right about her King… he really is far stronger than the other Viltrumites we’ve encountered so far.” May shook her head and opened a portal with the wave of her hand. The runic gateway showed the pristin fields of the Saiyan’s new homeworld, dotted with the genesis farms that contained the first batch of Saiyan/Kryptonian hybrids. “It will be better for everyone if Thragg and his Empire has a face to face with the strongest Krypton has to offer…”

 


 

 

The ocean swelled up, bent and wound until a great serpent took form. With Namor at its heart, the beast reared skyward, mouth opened wide as it arced back towards the emptied plains of mud. 

 

A flick of his biofield sent Kara several miles away, a humanoid rocket that struggled to slow her pace. Dan’s lips twitched upward in a smile as the water dragon bellowed a challenge of war.

 

His body blurred, a single step that carried him to the construct’s nose. Dan raised his arm, finger positioned behind his thumb. It flicked out, an impact that crumpled Namor’s hydrokinetic serpent.

 

Half the creature's body sheared away, a hurricane of vapour that rushed towards the skies. Namor stood exposed to the air, face twisted in shock. The Atlantean ground his teeth and reached out his arms, a gesture that summoned forth more water from over the horizon.

 

“You could call forth all the waters of the Earth, and it would still be the same,” Dan shook his head and expanded his biofield through the air. Invisible hands took hold of everything within one-hundred miles of their location. “I swim in a bigger ocean, while you’re stuck in the shallows.”

 

Namor winced as the water around him was ripped from his grasp, twisted into a massive orb behind Dan’s back. One-hundred miles of ocean arced around him, filled with all manner of life. Within seconds, it was all held in a single sphere, a small moon of water that the Altantean couldn’t touch.

 

“Who are you…” Namor floated backward, his body between Dan and the land locked Atlantis on the sea bed below. “A new mutant, born from the land dwellers?”

 

Hal’s smile remained in place, bright and sunny despite his display of strength. The water behind him slowly returned to its rightful place, smooth and soundless as it returned to its ocean form.

 

“You can call me Superman!”

 


 

 

“This place smells like seaweed and seals…” Kara’s nose crumpled upwards as Namor led them through the streets of Atlantis. The King’s face darkened at his young guest words, face taught as they strolled through a small street market. “But some of these knives are interesting!”

 

The corner of Namor’s eye twitched as he reached out and took the twined pair of silver-blue daggers from the vendor. He cast out a handful of golden coins and threw the weapons to the young kryptonian.

 

“Take them, now come,” the Atlantean picked up the pace, headed for the centre of the city. “We can have our discussion more comfortably in the palace.”

 

Dan nabbed one of the weapons from Kara’s hand and ignored her saddened face. A tap of his finger against the blade produced a powerful resonance. Eyebrow raised, he returned the dagger to Kara and floated next to Namor.

 

“Are these weapons made from vibranium?” Dan had forgotten that Atlantis had access to the valuable metal. Krypton’s own vessels used vibranium in their hulls, replicated by energy to matter conversion. “If not, your metallurgy is even better than my own people.”

 

“It is a composite alloy of vibranium and other metals, pure vibranium is too valuable a material for this street fair,” Namor shook his head as they left the boundaries of the market. “We possess enough to serve the country, but the common folk can only receive so much.”

 

“That’s pretty stingy,” Kara shook her head as her words almost caused the Altantean to trip over his own feet. “Krypton provides each of its citizens with the material possessions they desire, only truly valuable items are restricted… and that’s only because they can’t be replicated yet!”

 

“Truly valuable… vibranium is one of the most coveted resources on Earth,” Namor pinched the bridge of his nose, face reddened by repressed anger. “No other nation possesses as much as this one, and it’s impossible to replicate!”

 

“But…”

 

“Leave the man alone, Kara,” Dan bonked her on the top of her head, before she revealed Krypton’s wealth of vibranium. Namor and his people were decent allies, especially for managing any dangers to the Earth. “We’re guests here, looking to trade technologies, not insult each other.”

23