Chapter Sixty, Part One
223 8 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“As you can see, the cosmic storm will appear in less than a month,” Reed Richards shuffled through his disorganised papers as his projector shifted to the next image. “All I need from Stark industries is access to your orbital station, its shielding makes it one of two that can keep its occupants safe from the storm’s radiation…”

 

“I’ve seen enough,” Howard glanced at Dan, whose normal suit was replaced with more casual attire. A set of glasses completed the outfit, combined with a change in body posture and voice. “I’m willing to consider funding your experiments, provided you sign over the majority share of the patent to Stark Industries.”

 

“Please reconsider… wait… you’re willing to work with us?” Richards missed a beat as Howard agreed before the end of his presentation. “I expected you to demand full possession of my research… are you sure you don’t want to see the rest of the data?”

 

“Not necessary,” Howard shook his head as he rose from his chair and extended a hand to the confused scientist. “I’ve already read your research papers and the data is sound.”

 

Stark waved to Dan, who stepped forward from his position against the back wall. He walked forward and gave Richards a smile, mildly uncomfortable with his altered appearance. Venom changed his features enough that he wouldn’t be recognised as Superman, but it made his skin itch.

 

“This is Daniel Kent, the director of R&D here at Stark Industries,” Howard motioned for Reed and Dan to shake hands, before he moved to the meeting room door. “He has the most experience with space travel than any other member of the company, you’ll be working under his guidance for the duration of your employment here.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Dr. Richards,” Dan gave the man a measured look as they shook, face relaxed in an honest smile. The future Mr. Fantastic was the most intelligent human in existence, beyond even Tony’s future self. “I look forward to working with you…”

 


 

 

“May… are you alright?” Anissa floated forward as May emerged from the phantom zone, Anakin and Merlyn at her side. “You look pale…”

 

“I’ll be fine,” May gave the Viltrumite a tired smile, touched by the woman’s concern. “I just need a good night's rest, preferably deep inside Krypton’s sun.”

 

Anissa tilted her head in confusion as Goku circled around May with worried eyes. Goku never spoke about how Kryptonian biology worked, but from May’s words they gained some benefit from the light of the stars themselves.

 

“Are you sure you’re alright…” Goku poked at May’s shoulder, mouth curled down in a frown. “Your ki is all weird, I can’t sense it as well as I normally can.”

 

“I said I’ll be fine,” May rolled her eyes and waved the Saiyan away. “Still, the two of you should stay in this universe while I recover.”

 

Goku nodded and reached out to grasp Anissa’s hand. May led the way, a phantom jump that carried them into orbit around Krypton’s star. The Kryptonian Empress gave them a tired smile, before she dove beneath the sun’s fire and vanished from sight.

 

“Since we have to stay and guard Krypton while May sleeps, why don’t we tour around the surface?” Goku waved for Anissa to follow as he set course for Krypton’s surface. “We can visit the symbiote ocean and say hello to Yggdrasil!”

 


 

 

“This technology is incredible,” Dr. Richards leaned over Dan’s shoulder as he piloted a modified Kryptonian shuttlecraft. “Why hasn’t Stark unveiled this to the world? It could change the way our civilization views space travel!”

 

“This vessel is a prototype,” Dan smiled as he pulled them into contact with the Stark Industries orbital station. “Mass production is next to impossible with current production methods, something that should change over the next few years.”

 

The technological advancement of the Earth would still be limited, but the rest of the solar system would soon be within easy reach. A soft click and the shuttle was docked. Air hissed as they matched the station’s atmospheric pressure, a signal for Dan to rise.

 

“I’m still annoyed you wouldn’t let me fly the thing,” Ben Grimm snorted as the group followed after Dan, through the hatch and into the oversized station. “I’m not sure what the point of bringing along an astronaut test pilot is, if you’re going to do all my work…”

 

“Lighten up Ben,” Johnny Storm slapped the bulkier man on the shoulder, laughter on his lips. “I didn’t get to fly her either, but you don’t hear me complaining.”

 

“I’m sure Stark won’t let the likes of you play with his toys,” Sue Storm slapped the back of her brother’s head and flashed Dan an apologetic smile. “Sorry about these two. We’re all grateful, just to be able to use the space station.”

 

“It’s no problem, Ms. Storm,” Dan laughed as Johnny clutched the back of his skull, puppy-dog eyes turned in his sister’s direction. The soon to be iconic super team were refreshing to be around, a true family experience that Dan deeply missed “They can be the first to fly our production models, once they come off the line.”

 

“I’ll hold you to that,” Ben chuckled as he set down an armful of well packaged laboratory equipment. “Come on Johnny, let’s grab the rest of this stuff from the shuttle and get things set up for Reed and your sister.”

 

“Sue, come take a look at these readings,” Richards held up a portable device that connected to the station’s sensors, already hyper-focused on his work. “The storm is still well outside the solar system, but it’s shifted closer than expected…”

 

Dan shook his head and left the group to their task. In a few days the cosmic storm would be through to empower them, the birth of the Fantastic Four. He would keep one eye on the Earth while he waited, ready to act if Apocalypse surfaced.

 

“I wonder what would happen if someone mutated by cosmic energy took the Superman serum…”

 


 

 

“Father, I have awakened my brother and sisters,” Famine stepped through a portal of shadow, followed by three additional figures. “We await your next command.”

 

En Sabah Nur smiled at his most loyal son, before his eyes passed to the others. The skulls that curled Pestilence’s waist like a belt rattled as she joined her brother on one knee. The bandages around her body rustled, shifted by a constant stream of green-black smoke.

 

War scowled, the flame that composed her face twisted as she fixed her eyes firmly on the floor. Defiant as always, but as powerful as ever. Apocalypse snorted and forced her to her knees with a wave of his hand.

 

Death, his face covered by a helm of Anubis, joined the others without complaint. His horsemen were gathered, a connection that resonated within his bones. The Eternals called his uses of their gift a perversion, the ability to forcibly infuse the strength of his servants into himself.

 

“Excellent work, my son,” En Sabah Nur rose to his feet and placed a gentle hand on Famine's head. “Now we must gather more, new apostles that can share in the glory of my Kingdom…”

22