Chapter Sixty-Five, Part Three
139 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Who are you?” A mechanical voice echoed from the super-advanced A.I. 's core, swallowed by the darkness that Dan projected around it. “How have you isolated our systems from the Kree networks?”

 

“No need to worry your ‘supreme’ intellect, this will be over in a minute,” Dan placed a hand on the side of the core and infused a symbiote clone into the machine. A garbled scream resonated from the speakers, cut off and replaced by Venom’s familiar sigh. “So quickly? I thought it would give you more trouble than that.”

 

“Its mind was weak, a child compared to Ultron, or even the idiotic Primes,” Venom’s voice hissed from within the core, his tone edged with boredom. “We have consumed and replaced it with ourselves.”

 

“Good job,” Dan patted the side of the core and cancelled his spatial isolation. His work here was done, Venom could handle the rest. “Start by possessing Ronan, then move on to the rest of the upper echelon. It would be good if you could have the entire species under your direct control within the next few months.”

 

With the Kree Empire in hand, Dan would have an abundance of agents in the universe. Moreover, they could act without implicating him or the rest of Krypton. He would use them to test the waters and lay a foundation for the eventual rise of his own Empire.

 

“It will take less than a week,” Venom scoffed as the lights on the core flickered. “These fools are too dependent upon this A.I. , most of them would kill themselves if we ordered it.”

 

“Just be certain that no one comes to realise the Empire is under outside control,” Dan rolled his eyes at Venom’s commentary and gave a final glance around the star system. A containment facility caught his attention, filled with brilliant white prisms. “Terrigen crystals…”

 

Dan stepped through space and entered the oversized warehouse. Thousands of tonnes of the crystals glinted in the darkened chamber, a starfield that Dan teleported away with a wave. They reappeared in an unused hanger of his Fortress, alongside a message to the Primes about their nature.

 

“I’ve been wanting to study the terrigen mist for a while now, but the only source on Earth right now is with the Inhumans on the moon,” Dan took another step and reappeared above the Earth’s satellite, where Black Bolt stood on his endless watch. “This guy is such a stick in the mud, I doubt he’d be interested in sharing.”

 

Black Bolt frowned as Dan gave him a wave, his gaze averted to ignore the daily greeting. Now that he had another source of the crystals, he could begin the awakening of any Inhumans on Earth, yet more meta-humans to join the banner of Krypton.

 

“I should really thank the Celestials when I meet them,” Dan shook his head and checked in on the unborn god-machine that rested in the core of the planet. Its presence, combined with the remains of another dead Celestial, had transformed the humans of Earth into beings with nearly infinite potential. “Though I imagine they’ll be unimpressed with my praise, especially after I suck the life out of one of their kind.”

 

The energy within the gestating god rivalled the power he controlled within the phantom zone, a complex seed that would blossom into a peak multiversal being as it ripped the world apart. If he could usurp its consciousness and transport it into the zone, it would become a living furnace of limitless cosmic power.

 

Even with the time dilation of his phantom labyrinth, the energy En Sabah Nur produced was a drop in the ocean compared to the slumbering leviathan within the Earth. Once he harvested the Celestial, he could only imagine Etrigan’s joy. By the time he returned him to Merlyn, the demon’s power would be on another level.

 

“That’s a task for the future,” Dan shook his head and did his daily scan of the planet. The construction efforts had already restored what had been lost, but the drones continued to work. “In less than a week, there will be housing and support services in place for every citizen of Earth. Once that’s complete, I’ll jumpstart the modern era with an infusion of technology and finally get back to my research.”

 


 

 

“So, what’s the catch?” Anakin leaned back in his chair, one of many around an expansive stone table. Crafted of polished grey rock, it was large enough to seat their entire group. “You want me to take on a position of supreme authority with the Force, tasked with keeping the balance… whatever that means. Why would you give up all this power?”

 

“The Force demands it, it’s not about what we desire,” the Father shot his son a warning look as the red eyed humanoid snorted. “It is time for me to return to the Force, just as it is time for my children to do the same.”

 

“My question is, what if Anakin accepts your deal but disagrees with something the Force commands of him?” May shook her head, palms flat against the cool stone tabletop. She had no problem with Anakin and the others supplanting the Force Gods, but she wouldn’t stand by and let the Force enslave them. “I don’t have much faith in the decisions of a formless cosmic energy field, no matter how powerful it is.”

 

The Force had allowed the creation of Abeloth, a being that made its ‘Gods’ look like toys. It was not infallible, or if it was then its plans for the universe were not worthy of her time. Dan had narrated all he could recall of the fate of this galaxy, a twisted tail of death and unnecessary suffering.

 

“The Force does not steal free will, unlike you and your husband,” the Father frowned at May’s question, the stars visible in his eyes as he glanced at Goku. “If he acts in a way that serves the Force, he will be empowered. If he acts against its wishes, then he will need to rely on his own strength.”

 

“Let’s leave this conversation behind for now, Father,” the Daughter sent her bright smile over the gathering like a spotlight, blinding and filled with warmth. “We can let our guests explore Mortis, give them time to contemplate their decisions.”

 

“I agree,” the Son rose to his feet and glared daggers into his Father’s eyes. He gave a final glance to the rest, before he swept toward the exit. “These mortals will need time to digest your words, as will I…”

 

“Take actions against the Chosen One and I will destroy you, my Son,” the Father sighed as the Son slammed the door behind himself without a response. “We will gather again in three days, time that I hope will convince you all to accept what fate has set before you.”

 

“We’ll see what they decide,” May waved and the group followed her to their feet. If Anakin or any of the others chose to reject the offer, she would fight if she had to. “Come, let’s take a look around this strange realm. I can feel several different sources of power beyond this monastery.”

16