GEV 118: Poison Master? Maybe Poison Ivy would be better?
140 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[WC 1.6k]

"By the way, I have been curious about your reason for giving me the «The Comprehensive Guide to the Art of Poisons: Poison Sutra». You don't look like the type to dabble in the poison arts." Zhao Wei nonchalantly commented and as he tried to disengage from the handshake, he felt some resistance from Yun Yao's soft hand. 

Zhao Wei looked at the dazed female alchemist before abruptly leaning his face. He was so painfully close to her beautiful face that the tips of their noses were nearly touching. 

"Miss Yun, aren't you being a little bit clingy at our first contact?" His deep voice and masculine scent in such proximity made her heartbeat increase at a fast rate. 

Yun Yao quickly realized that she was still tightly holding onto Zhao Wei's big hand like a child that doesn't want to be left alone when they met their favorite person. 

"P-Please forgive my bad manners, I unwittingly forgot that I was still holding onto your hand. My mind has been all over the place lately. Oh deities above, am I slowly losing my brilliance?" Yun Yao mumbled almost incoherently as she jumped backward, away from Zhao Wei as if he were a plague. 

That abrupt action made her two immaculate peaks shake and jiggle, leaving much to a man's erotic imagination. 

Her cheeks were flushed red in embarrassment and shyness that was so out of sync with her character. 

Currently, she just looked like the pure-hearted maiden she thought she wasn't. She hated it. 

She didn't like the fact that ever since she had met him, her mind hadn't been able to think rationally and it had even led her to be unable to fully concentrate during the previous one-hour of pill concoction. 

Her prior exhaustion had been a result of messing at the last step of pill congealment due to a lack of absolute focus. 

'I should make a rule for my own sake. Any form of physical contact between us should be prohibited.' Yun Yao arrived at a conclusion to prevent her inner demoness from misbehaving. 

She could control her desires well but she was at the age where her sexual drive was at its peak. Men desired her but they were just not worthy as her love and passion were only reserved for the Dao of Alchemy. 

Was it fate or coincidence that Zhao Wei just had to be that special of a man capable of evoking and unearthing her controlled sexual drive? 

Yun Yao called that bullshit. As charming as Zhao Wei was, what she was interested in the most was his unordinary perspective towards alchemical concepts. She reminded herself there was nothing else. 

Yun Yao had her own pride and face to keep after all. 

"Let's go to the pill refinement chamber." Yun Yao quickly spoke, her face didn't show any ripples. She was as serene as the gentle waters of a still lake. 

Zhao Wei noticed the change and nodded internally. 

'It is good that she has managed to calm herself. Things might have gotten troublesome otherwise.' 

He already knew about the requirements for a successful pill concoction. One of them was a calm state of mind - a mind that was free of any form of mental disturbances. 

An alchemist must be in their best mental state and this can be achieved through diligent meditation. 

Many factors had to be considered to successfully create a pill worth consuming instead of useless trash with unresolved toxins. 

Deep within him, Zhao Wei understood Yun Yao was tempting and extremely attractive as a woman. Damn, it would be a lie to say he wasn't tempted as he was but a mere man. 

Zhao Wei just wanted to overly complicate this seemingly short-term relationship between them. 

They were all adults with a common goal of benefitting from each other's knowledge. 

There was silence between the two as Yun Yao led Zhao Wei past several doors in the eastern hallway. 

Yun Yao finally stopped at the furthest door before she opened it wide enough for Zhao Wei to enter and then closed it behind her. 

The pill refinement chamber was more spacious than the study room to facilitate a smooth airflow. On further inspection, there was even a well-integrated ventilation system throughout the chamber due to the existence of air vents and modified windows. 

Zhao Wei then turned his attention to a medium-sized purple cauldron at the center of the room. 

It was beautifully crafted with intricate drawings of purple lotuses etched on its smooth surface. 

It emitted a certain sense of spirituality which Zhao Wei instinctually analyzed that it was due to its unique status as a Spiritual Class Tool. As for which tier it was, Zhao Wei didn't know. It was his first time seeing such a rare tool considering they were treated as treasures in the Cloud Country. 

"That's Serenity Purple. She's my one and only." Yun Yao caught a glimpse of Zhao Wei's curiosity toward her Alchemy Cauldron and decided to courteously introduce it. 

"She's a mid-tier Spiritual Tool. I got her as a gift from my late master before she passed away peacefully." Even though she was speaking about a loss, Yun Yao didn't show any sadness in her eyes or voice. 

Zhao Wei didn't offer any insincere condolences either and chose to remain silent. 

It was better to listen to her chatter away about things she was passionate about. 

"She guarantees an additional 10% success rate during the process of pill concoction. She's also resistant to internal pill explosions in case of an error made during pill concoction." 

With every little detail she exposed, Zhao Wei would silently nod, sometimes humming in affirmation. 

After a few minutes, Yun Yao realized that she had talked more than she had planned. 

"I am sorry about that, Zhao Wei. There is this bond-" Yun Yao tried to awkwardly explain herself. 

"It's fine. I understand what you are trying to say, Miss Yun." Zhao Wei cut her off with an understanding smile. 

"I feel grateful that you understand. Let me meditate for a moment before I perform any alchemy, okay?" Yun Yao said with mirth in her eyes as she sat on the futon near Serenity Purple. 

Gently closing her eyes, she immediately began to meditate, cutting off everything from her senses. 

'Hmm, she hasn't yet answered my question about that Poison Sutra. Her attention span is surely something.' Zhao Wei thought, deciding not to disturb her. 

He then looked around and spotted a spare purple-colored futon. 

'She likes purple it seems or I just might be reading wrong into the information.' Zhao Wei casually analyzed as he took a seat. 

'I should also meditate.' 

With his inner sight, Zhao Wei noticed that about 85% of the inner strength inside his Dantian was already converted into True Force. 

Zhao Wei was honestly surprised by the speed. He thought it was going to take him at most 2-3 days for a full conversion but estimations couldn't keep up with the peculiarities of the [Myriad Constellation Physique]. 

There also seemed to be some subtle differences between the True Force being produced by his body and Dantian. For example, the True Force from his physique was more tyrannical than his Dantian's which was peaceful. The similarities they shared were in their ultra-high quality, quantity, and density. 

Zhao Wei then observed the seeds of the elemental essences embedded in the Illusory Qlipoth. 

He found no changes whatsoever as for those elemental essences to experience both qualitative and evolutionary changes, TIME and LUCK were going to play very important roles. 

Two hours later, Zhao Wei opened his eyes as he felt a certain gaze directed towards him. 

"You look like a saint when meditating but I won't be fooled even for a minute." Her voice was soft and gentle as she pouted her lips at Zhao Wei. 

"When and where did I claim that I was a saint, huh?" Zhao Wei said indifferently. 

"In your dreams," Yun Yao randomly replied with a blank expression before standing up. 

Zhao Wei cringed internally at the reply but his eyes never left her figure as she began to sort out the simple medicinal herbs that she needed on the table. 

They were carefully stored in transparent jade containers so that they wouldn't deteriorate in quality. 

After sorting through everything, Yun Yao walked towards the cauldron with the herbs. 

'She's thorough. Each herb has been weighed in respect to their required portions.' Zhao Wei noted as his eyes had never left her. 

"You are going to concoct the Blood Cleansing Pill." Zhao Wei spoke in a matter-of-fact voice. 

Yun Yao didn't show any surprise on her face as she slightly nodded. 

"For someone who can fully comprehend the whole «Ten Thousand Plant Illustration» and «Beginners Guide for Pill Making», it seems no herbs or pills can easily escape your recognition." 

She then suddenly touched her chin with a thoughtful look as if she had remembered something. 

"I remember you asking me the reason why I gave you the «Poison Sutra» back in the study room." She spoke with a weird gleam in her beautiful hazel-green eyes. 

"Oh, you remembered?" Zhao Wei leaned his cheek on his fisted hand. 

"I am a poison master!" Yun Yao cluelessly tapped her smooth chin as she dropped a shocking revelation. 

Zhao Wei had his mouth hanging wide open like a certain Pokémon. He was undoubtedly rendered speechless.

And how could Yun Yao not be satisfied by the reaction she elicited from him?

***

//OnearmedImmortal//

Enjoy!

9+ privileged chapters and extra support (Patreon.com/OnearmedImmortal)

8