Chapter six: bite size
996 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of our declaration of me being royalty we had been assigned an escort. Beside the carriage, there were ten fully armored knights on horses. Due to our flashy entourage, we attracted a lot of attention from the surrounding locals. As we continued through the city the onlookers grew, eventually, it became too crowded and then we came upon one of those cliches you find in fantasy.

 

"You there who do you think you are!"

 

The carriage had been ground to a halt, a small boy who had been shoved by the gathering crowd. I looked out the window at the boy who had caused the commotion. Five maybe six? Definitely Young.

Brown hair disheveled clothes' average appearance. Honestly, if you weren't specifically looking for him his average appearance would cause him to be unnoticeable. Not worth a second look in my opinion. It seemed the knight didn't take kindly to him blocking my carriage, he drew his sword to cut the boy down.

 

What? Rescue him? Nah I'm good. Maybe if he didn't look so... ugh. Besides I don't really care too much about this town after all I've decided with Valhala That we'd take it over secretly once we found its defensive capabilities. A port town would be a good source of income and information. I had the ability to enslave someone without them rejecting or betraying me. Converting the town's lord and his lackeys would be affectively taking over the town. We'd have to make sure once they become vampires they wouldn't spread like wildfire, a hungry vampire is a contagious vampire.

 

Anywho…

 

What I assume to be his mother rushed out of the crowd and cradled him in her embrace. 

 

"Please he's just a child please spare him!"

 

Hmmm….now that I take a good look at her isn't she pretty good looking. I wonder how someone of her looks could produce such an average child. Honestly, I couldn't care less if he's executed but it would be a shame if she was. It would be a waste of a beautiful woman and a good meal. 

 

I feel like I shouldn't think that way… did my values change somewhere?

 

I stepped out of the carriage and cast [disarm] on the knight. His sword flew unnaturally out of his grip, in a comedically kinda way. Like that of a cartoon. 

 

"If I may sir knight"

 

"Ah your Majesty you surely can't mean to spare that insolent brat and that wench right?"

 

The guard looked at me with suspicion questioning me if I would let them step on my honor.

 

Bah...who cares I wasn't planning really to actually spare them or at least one of them. I'll probably convert the mother, she would get hungry and would attack someone if there wasn't any food nearby. I don't care about honor but at least this would be a sufficient punishment right?

 

"I will punish them myself I have a sufficient punishment that's worthy of such insolence"

 

The knight looked at me then looked at the two, then gave a satisfactory look.

 

"then I will leave it to you you Majesty"

 

He turned away from the two walked over, picked up his sword, sheathed it, and got back on his horse.

 

"Valhala please cast [light binding] on the two."

 

" Of course"

 

The woman shivered and started to beg for forgiveness. Valhala paid no attention and bound them together a chain of light attached to their necks and wrists. We got back on the carriage with the two following behind on foot.

 

__________________

 

We continued down a path that went to the west side of the city. At the far west was a sea cliff with a luxurious castle. It still was vastly inferior to ours in looks, vanity, and sheer size. Our castle wasn't something that you could just build in one or two century's in modern times it would take at least seven years. 

 

The carriage passed through a set of gates that encompassed the front of the sea cliff and we parked in front of the front castle gate. Evidently the Lord of the castle had been notified ahead of time as there were thirty of more servants lined up in two rows. There were mostly women and they all were really beautiful. If I said they took all of the beautiful women out of the city and left all the Average Jone Blowes I don't think it would be too far from the truth. 

 

The NPC in the front of the carriage hopped off and opened the carriage door. It's was a little too high for me so Valhala stepped out first and picked me up in her arms and set me down.

 

"It's odd having to be this small, this will take some getting used to. What about you?"

 

"I think I prefer you this way"

 

"You didn't like me before?"

 

"no your just easy you hold and cuddle. when you were a man you had a more...you know"

 

"Intimidating?"

 

"nnnnooo… more like…"

 

She stopped and thought for a moment while we walked.

 

"How to put it… more masculine"

 

"I think that's obvious"

 

"Honestly when you were a man you were bigger, but now your small huggable and bite-size"

 

"Bite-size…?"

 

Was that supposed to be funny, cute, or a joke at my dispense? 

 

"Anyway, I think your better bite-size"

 

"..." 

33