Chapter Twelve: Becoming An Adventurer ii
1.4k 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ixchel go around it and cast faze beam!"

 

"On it!"

 

"Grendor you protect Ixchel while he casts"

 

"got it!"

 

The party of six had teamed up with a group of adventurers to take down a crystal dragon. Two weeks had passed since they registered and they had already gone from F to A. The trio of players was already far stronger than the majority of the people and they only took on subjugation quests. They would take on quests like [kill five red wolves] but instead of killing five, they would kill ninety. They took on goblin subjugation quests and commit genocide on all goblins in the area, they drove orcs to the brink of extinction around villages.

They did this to confirm whether or not they could gather experience from the kills, unfortunately, their efforts were fruitless.  When they got higher in rank the subjugation quests became more difficult...or not. They were stronger than most monsters they faxed and only a select few gave them a run for their money. The only thing that gave them a little bit of trouble was the subjugation of a behemoth. Due to its absolutely massive size, it could tank a shit load of hits and still be fine, other than that it couldn't really do much because it was ridiculously slow. They had to act like they had trouble fighting in order to not look terribly overpowered. They literally had to wound each other to make it convincing. Too much attention to their power would be trouble.

 

After about six hours they took down the crystal dragon. It happened to be one of the select few due to it being completely made from diamond-like material. The only way to kill it was to burn it very, very ever so slowly. Regular attacks were ineffective and diamonds burned at super-high temperature. The dragon was also big, very big.

 

It towered above the trees and its mass was on par with a bucket excavator. 

 

"That was bullshit"

 

"Not only did it tank most of our physical and magical attacks it fucking took hours to burn to death"

 

"I call bullshit on the devs"

 

"well with this quest we will get an audience with his majesty."

 

"that's a plus"

 

"fuck...let's just get back to the capital and report to the adventurers guild."

 

_________

 

"ah! The famous six…"

 

"they're the ones that single-handedly took down the behemoth"

 

"I heard they used a spell that was so powerful that it altered the landscape and created a lake"

 

"Nah there's no way that's true that has to be just a rumor"

 

"no it's true I went there after hearing the rumors there really is a gigantic lake"

 

It was true that during the fight with the behemoth, the fight dragged on forever and they had to try a different approach. They casted the highest tier spell they had to completely obliterate it, In doing so it caused a crater to open up in the mountains and the melted snow from the blast filled it in.

 

"Welcome back!"

 

"Thanks"

 

"Ah a letter from his Majesty came in"

 

"A summon from the palace perhaps?"

 

"it's a great honor to meet his Majesty"

 

"I only recognize a single person as her Majesty not him"

 

"even if you say that he is the ruler of a nation. I know not where you came from but make sure to treat his majesty like the ruler he is"

 

"oi your lucky you lot are meeting em in the first place ye haven't even been adventures for more than a couple of weeks"

 

"Hohohoho If it was me I would suck up to him just to get a good reward"

 

I took the invitation from the receptionist ignoring what the rowdy adventures had to say and what walked out the door. 

 

"With this, our main goal of finding out about heroes can be achieved"

 

"That was a fast two weeks I enjoyed it"

 

As they walked the town's people greeted them as they passed. Despite it only having been two weeks since they had become A rank, everyone had heard about their exploits. They defeated multiple dragons, destroyed a battalion of demons, killed the behemoth, and killed the multitudes of monsters. 

 

"Toki thank you again for saving my daughter from goblins"

 

"It was the right thing to do"

 

Actually her daughter died by the time he got there. She had died giving birth over and over again. Toki didn't like to waste good materials so he used her body and infused a summoned demon into her corpse with a little tinkering here and there she 'came back to life'. He had first done this to bandits and failed gruesomely, to put it nicely the bodies exploded. He had been quite content these last few days he had lots of materials and live subjects since he had come to this place. 

 

On earth desecrating a corpse is frowned upon, needless to say bringing them back to life.

 

"The castle is kinda bland don't you think?"

 

When they looked at the castle up close it was bland, incredibly bland. There weren't any distinguishing traits. If you were to describe it you could say it was a mixture between Bastille and Libeskind. It was kinda run down, to be honest.

 

"Let's go greet the king of this majestic incredible castle"

 

"You could call it almost rustic"

 

As the trio approached the gate a guard stopped them for authentication. 

 

"This looks like the royal seal, an audience with his majesty huh? Man... even I don't see the big wig himself very often."

 

"why? aren't you a gate guard?"

 

"His Majesty is always looking for women with strong magic throughout the kingdom. Don't ask me why I don't know."

 

"..."

 

"Anyways you're lucky you happen to get him on a day that the heroes Geki and Sumaki happened to be in town."

 

The trio looked at each other, exchanged glances, and followed the gate guard inside. A large wooden gate opened up to a spacious hallway going straight until it hit a staircase up to the second floor. A maid walked down the stairs, approached them, bowed, and gave a greeting.

 

"Hello this one's name is Fairia, This one has been tasked with leading you to the throne room."

 

"If you would be so kind."

 

The throne room was on the second floor just up the stairs. On the way there they passed by portraits of men some of them looked in their seventies while a few of them looked no older than eighteen.

 

"Check this out this kid has to be no older than thirteen"

 

It was a picture of a young boy with blond hair and green eyes. On it was the name: Firian Lye Charbais Undless I. 

 

"That is the first emperor of the Make kingdom he was assassinated at the age of fifteen by the hands of his sister."

 

"sounds like a family issue"

 

"he raped her"

 

"Ah well that makes sense"

 

"To be honest it feels like his majesty is just the same"

 

"He raped his sister?"

 

"no, but he gathers women around the Lands hoping to find a woman to give birth to a powerful successor, sometimes forcefully"

 

"hmm…. Can he be used somehow I can't think of anything he can do other than provide information on the best woman he has fucked so far..."

 

"Did you say something?"

 

"No, forget my mumbling please ignore"

 

As the walk to the throne room came closer Toki began thinking of how the king could be useful.

 

23