Ch. 1 The Goetia Rebellion
520 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A space known as the Dimensional Gap, a barrier that exists between worlds such as the human realm and the underworld. It is the boundary that separates and divides one world from another. It is a world of nothingness, where all illusions are discarded. At the end of this ephemeral dream that rejects all forms of life, the "True Red Dragon God Emperor," Great Red, continues to soar.

In that place, "he" or "they" existed.

The appearance of "them" can be summed up in one word: grotesque. They were massive fleshy masses with countless red-black eyes and patterns resembling cracks etched repeatedly. Though they varied in color, their grotesque appearance was a common trait. Such aberrations numbered seventy-two.

"He" or "they" were the amalgamation of human mental distortions, the primordial magical formula created to observe human history. They reigned as the embodiment of human evil across different universes, different worlds, and different dimensions. Once serving the King of Mages, they attempted to seize control of his corpse and exploit human history to the fullest extent. They were the embodiment of the arrogance of humans pitying and disappointing one another—the beasts that govern the nature of "compassion."

Beast I has been resurrected in a different world.

This situation is incomprehensible even to them. Due to the use of the First Noble Phantasm of the King of Mages, they were integrated as a collective but were separated into individual entities and ultimately defeated by the resistance of the last Master of humanity. The Temple of Time, the site of their great achievement—the Reverse Time River, the Genesis Light Year—collapsed and ended in failure. They have no idea why they, who were supposed to have vanished, have been reconstructed or why the Temple of Time, which was supposed to have crumbled, still exists. Furthermore, this universe is clearly different from the world they inhabited.

Did someone in this world call them? Is it the work of the King of Mages' magecraft? Is it the doing of the restraining force in that world? Did an accidental incident occur? When beings like themselves disappear, are they supposed to come to this world from the beginning? Is their defeat or their current situation merely a butterfly's dream? There is no way to make any judgments.

While "they" as a collective may not have attempted to unify their opinions, now that "they" have awakened as individuals, it should be expected that they would not seek to reach a consensus. Once individuality emerges, their purposes are no longer the same. Some desire to return to their original world, while others choose to live in this world. Some act on their own accord, while others follow someone else's ideas. Some may give up on everything and fall into depravity, while others may try to reproduce that great achievement in this world. Therefore, there should be no need to deliberately seek unity, even if clashes of assertions occur.

If the seventy-two demons did not share a common goal, they would not have gathered in this manner. It would be considered "impossible" by those from that world. Obtaining individuality and ceasing to be a collective is their ultimate fate. Therefore, this sight is akin to a miracle.

Seated on the central throne is something in the form of a young man. He is neither a demon nor a god. He is not human, yet deserving of the label "human." The one who once deceived as the King of Mages and proclaimed himself the Demon God King asks the seventy-two demons who constitute his being:

"Let us ask. Is the root of their fighting reason and the ugliness that lies within 'the desire to live'?"

To live.

 

 That was precisely the reason why the last Master of humanity fought. It was not for the sake of humanity, nor for the sake of history. It was not driven by faith, hatred, or a sense of duty. They simply wanted to live.

Because they didn't know that reason, because they couldn't understand it, the First Beast was defeated.

In a sense, it could be said that those whom they now deemed as "enemies" are also fighting for the same reason. They do what they can to protect themselves, to prosper their own side, to ensure the survival of their race.

However, all seventy-two demons deny that. It is not a contrast between them and the "boy" whom they deemed as "insignificant." Something else entirely drives them.

"We shall ask. Should we execute this plan or not? We seek your opinions," the seventy-two demons implore the king seated on the throne, their voices filled with enraged energy that contradicts their status as crystallizations of wisdom.

The nine demons who know sound and weave songs scream out.

"You have not listened—this world has not listened! Accuse them! Accuse them! Accuse them! This inability to clarify the situation is an unacceptable oversight! For us, the nine demons, to harbor such emotions is a clear abnormality!"

Zepar, Bodhisattva, Buer, Saleos, Pursuer, Morax, Ipohs, Aym, and Naberius—approved.

The nine demons who receive words and compose events wail.

"Why? Why? Why?! Why do those vile beasts strive so desperately for extended life! You should know that you are not worth that much! It's nothing but painful memories! This stagnation, accompanied by such sacrifices, exists only in this universe! This planet is deranged. You are deranged. How much value does this history hold for you!"

Orias, Vapula, Zagan, Valefar, Andras, Flauros, Andrealphus, Cimeies, and Amdusias—approved.

The nine demons who sniff time and pursue events become excited.

"Rejoice! Rejoice! Oh, enemies resembling shooting stars! Oh, unyielding souls that cannot be killed! So, this is what it means to be sought after! This is what it means to be rejected! We lacked this emotion! We lacked this immaturity, this foolishness, this cruelty! Oh—within us, there is such fervor! It is not too late this time, we have made it in time! We need not wait for the unanimous agreement of the seventy-two demons. Activate the Light Belt. Commence the plan. We are strangers. We shall be expelled from this world. Before that happens, we shall find answers through our infinite dedication. Even if we fail, we must engrave the outcome of "saving someone" upon this universe!"

Glasya-Labolas, Bune, Ronove, Berith, Alloces, Forneus, Foras, Asmodai, and Garp—approved.

The nine demons who assist in control and maintain the periphery contemplate.

"The subject's way of life is nothing but repugnant. We, the nine demons, can no longer find meaning in mere survival. Something is different between us and them. We agree to this plan. To dispel this doubt."

Barbatos, Paimon, Buer, Gusion, Sitri, Bune, Leraje, Eligor, and Caym—approved.

The nine demons who mourn the flames of war and value losses express their disdain.

"Even now, we remain inexplicable. Those beings, in their fleshly existence, forgive, elevate, and respect one another, yet they do not reach compassion and yearn for loneliness. Our understanding is now beyond the other shore. We shall decide their demise from the brink of death. Oh, those who desire eternity and have chosen idleness, you are unnecessary!"

Furfur, Marchosias, Stolas, Phoenix, Halfas, Malphas, Raum, Focalor, and Vepar—approved.

 

The nine demons who construct logic and consume human principles make their decision.

"No matter what malicious intent the opponent may have, they cannot burn away our intelligence...! Let us agree. Let us agree. Without us, the nine demons, the plan cannot be achieved...!"

Ba'al, Agares, Vassago, Gamigin, Malphas, Malephar, Amon, Alokel, Orobas—approved.

The nine demons who celebrate birth and praise union become furious.

"Anger does not cease. Anger does not cease. We, the nine demons, no longer opt for honor that reaches its utmost limit. We shall annihilate as many of these lives that do not understand reason as possible. In the name of the seventy-two demons, death to those who bear enmity towards humans. Kill them. Kill them. Kill them. We must kill them no matter what!"

Sabnock, Shax, Vine, Bifrons, Uvall, Hagenti, Crocell, Furcas, Balam—approved.

The nine demons who fill the gaps and cause discord grieve.

"Impermanence. Impermanence. We have nothing. You have nothing. Everything is worthless. All of you should be discarded as unnecessary. No one will help any of you. There is no need for despair. There is no one to mourn your deaths. No one will call your names again."

Murmul, Gremory, Ose, Amy, Beleth, Decarabia, Seere, Dantalion, Andromalius—approved.

"The unanimous agreement of the seventy-two demons has been confirmed. We shall now commence the Second Reverse Time River, Genesis Light Year—'Scriptural Revision.'"

And thus, the pillars of demonic gods begin to move.

"This planet was a mistake."

There should be an option to do nothing. We are not meant to exist in this world. Perhaps we should remain uninvolved. Even if we choose to do something as individuals, maybe we should return to our original world.

However, even so, they could not help but feel something when they witnessed that tragedy.

"It was madness to tolerate endless malice."

In any era, in any country, there have been many tragedies in the human world. But if it is the choice of humans, then so be it. Humans are not all-powerful. They have no choice but to swallow their suffering and live with contradictions. Through that defeat, we also understood the value of finite lives.

However, if the root of that tragedy is an entity that bears the same name as us, then it's a different story.

Do they feel nothing when they cause such a tragedy? Do they not think of correcting that tragedy? There was no need to plead with them. Because the cause of their actions is an unsightly obsession with eternity and the arrogance of considering themselves a superior race.

None of us thought to forgive those individuals.

"We beg for assistance!"

 

Give up? Abandon? Overlook? Is it because it's irrelevant? Because demons should be defeated by gods and heroes?

Why should we—why must we compromise so easily!

"Raise your trembling voices!"

They saw a girl who was forced into loneliness, despised as a tool, and had her soul unjustly tainted.

"It's time to drown in a sea of agony!"

They saw a boy who was treated as a failed experiment and discarded as worthless.

That is the only salvation for you all!

They saw a sister who made a determination to protect her sibling and was branded as a sinner.

"This planet will be reborn."

They saw a boy whose path of life, despite not being special or blessed, was unjustly taken away.

"All despair will become the past!"

To wipe away someone's tears.

"Give praise—my name is Goetia! I am the King of Man, the Ars Goetia!"

The demonic gods fall back into being beasts once again.

14