Ch. 10 Choices
185 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diversification of Perspectives. 

Demonstration of the technology created by Baal.

To fulfill these two objectives, a certain Heroic Spirit was summoned. When the Heroic Spirit learned about the "Bible Revision" plan, they made the following observation:

"We need an alibi."

In order to turn Bible Revision into a perfect crime, the Heroic Spirit presented their theory.

The influence that the Bible has on the world is immense. It is not just the largest religion in the world. The AD calendar wouldn't have started without the presence of a Savior. One of the pretenses during the Age of Discovery was conversion. The teachings of the Cross are deeply ingrained in the foundation of universal ethics. The most printed and sold book in the world is none other than the Bible.

In order to rewrite those teachings, coherence is necessary. Simply altering the records would make it unnatural. Merely replacing memories would cause inconveniences.

Even if the Bible is weakened, it is pointless to elevate other pantheons. The tragedies caused by gods will not change. The cries of anguish caused by devils will not vanish. The power balance between mysticism and civilization must remain the same, and only the definition of the Bible should be altered. For that, meticulous alterations of the past were necessary. The Demon Pillars understood this, but the Heroic Spirit proposed an alternative approach.

If Goetia's plan can be described as "document forgery," then the suggestions made by the Heroic Spirit were preparations for "false testimony."

In the past, the royalty of various countries declared themselves as "descendants of gods." They claimed to have the duty and right to rule over people due to their divine bloodline. Naturally, even if gods did exist, it would be impossible for royal families claiming to be "descendants of gods" to possess divine blood. The Heroic Faction is the same. If there are "descendants of Cao Cao," then Cao Cao, who lived in that era, must exist. If there is a "man who inherits the soul of Heracles," then the existence of the legendary great hero is proven.

The same must be done. Find modern heroes who fit the rewritten mythologies. And add elements related to the Bible, which will be rewritten in the future, to those heroes.

In a vulgar sense, it is like retroactively adding a bloodline to the protagonist of a manga. Or perhaps it is like creating a future arc to adjust the main storyline.

And a suitable item had been confirmed. The spear that appeared before Florence Nightingale, who was being monitored by the Control Tower, was the spear that can kill saviors. It is said that "those who possess it will conquer the world."

But the spear alone is not enough. A cup is necessary, not as a wish-granting device, but as an interference tool in the "System." A cross is indispensable, not as an execution tool, but to unravel the legacy of the gods.

Using the Holy Relics to stabilize the world line. It was a strategy led by Baal. When this strategy is carried out, the possibility of failure in the great feat will be completely eliminated.

Preparations to burn the Underworld are underway. Negotiations with the realms equivalent to the hells of various mythologies have already concluded. Starting with the Age of Discovery, the influence of the Bible focused too much on "conversion." This is something that is done in every mythology, but they went too far. Especially in recent times, the damage caused by the "Evil Piece" has made the leaders of hell shake their heads.

Although they correspond to the realms equivalent to heaven in various mythologies, it is not as easy as with hell. It becomes evident if you unravel the myths just how ungrateful they are.

If negotiations with the gods of heaven are neglected, after burning down hell, preparations must be made to burn down heaven swiftly. Even though they have accomplished the incineration of humanity over the past three thousand years, it is not easy to burn an entire world. Moreover, it would be extremely troublesome if there is interference from the Indian mythology, both in terms of nature and influence. The upper echelons of that mythology, including the war god Indra, possess powerful gods. Individually, they may not compare to Goetia, but as a collective, they are incredibly troublesome. There is also the possibility of the knowledge-seeking chief god of Norse mythology, Odin, emerging.

 

And finally, as the last issue, there is the matter of dealing with the angels mentioned in the Bible. If countermeasures against the Light Bands are devised, it would be somewhat manageable. As long as we surpass those countermeasures, it should be fine. The worst-case scenario is when the Seraphim, realizing Goetia's true intentions, become desperate and self-destruct along with the heavens. In this case, they would surely self-destruct in a way that doesn't provide any energy. If that were to happen, we would run out of fuel. With only hell, we would be unable to accomplish the alteration of the Bible and their great feat.

That is why a plan led by Flauros was necessary to solve these two issues. It was necessary to betray "him," who is the most trusted apostle in heaven, the strongest force of the Church, and the possessor of an upper-tier god-killing implement.

 

***

 

 

 

In the past, there were four Satan in the Underworld. Lucifer, the Morning Star; Beelzebub, the Lord of Flies; Leviathan, the Monster of the Apocalypse; and Asmodeus, the Great Devil of Lust.

However, all four of them perished in the previous biblical war. It is said that the devils suffered the most exhaustion in that war. While the sheer numbers played a role, the fact that all four satan were wiped out was a significant blow. If the representatives are completely annihilated despite there being four of them, it would lead to a significant weakening.

Furthermore, the devils experienced a great civil war after the war. It was a conflict between the old satan faction, which wanted to continue the war, and a faction of revolutionaries that aimed to rebuild the nation. In the end, the revolutionaries emerged victorious. The old satan faction was stripped of their power and confined to the remote regions of the Underworld. Moreover, their titles as Satan were degraded to mere "positions." It would be insane to claim that they hold no grudge.

That's why it was inevitable for the old satan faction, or rather, what they call themselves the "true satan faction," to become terrorists.

Their ideal is somewhat comical, to say the least. They believe that devils, or rather, the satan, should be the rulers of everything.

"What is happening?"

Shalba Beelzebub, who carries the bloodline of Beelzebub, was furious.

"Where is Ophis? What happened to the promised snake?"

Ophis is not merely a dragon with immeasurable power. On the contrary, having such immense power alone would be problematic. Ophis can create a "snake" that amplifies the user's power. The "snake" has various uses, but it is mainly employed to enhance one's strength.

Ironically, those whom Shalba and his group call the false satan are stronger than them. That's why the existence of the "snake" is indispensable. With the "snake," Shalba and his group can elevate themselves to the level of former satan. Paradoxically, it also means that they can only reach the level of former satan by using the "snake."

Doesn't Sirzechs Lucifer believe the rumors that the previous Lucifer is ten times stronger?

Previously, the "snake" given by Ophis had run out due to experiments and trial runs. They were searching for Ophis to replenish their stock, but they finally realized that she was nowhere to be found. The entire Khaos Brigade has been searching for her, but it seems that no one has seen her in the past few days.

In this situation, replenishing the "snake" seemed hopeless.

"The brats from the Hero Faction are getting too full of themselves!"

Recently, the Hero Faction, the second-largest faction after the Khaos Brigade, has been exhibiting strange behavior. It seems that a strategist claiming to be Napoleon has joined their ranks, and since then, their actions have changed. It's difficult to express it precisely, but the air around them has changed, or perhaps it's better to say that "madness" has become visible. Something that was previously absent has been added to the group of mere humans who were disrespectful. Shalba is not aware that he feels not just disgust but also aversion towards this transformation.

Even Hades from Greek mythology, who secretly cooperates with them, has become reluctant to cooperate recently. The reason is unknown. He holds a strong disgust towards the current Underworld, or rather, the forces of the Bible. The trilateral agreement should be a minus for him as well. However, despite that, he refused their plea for assistance, suggesting that he would be more cautious about future cooperation.

This is not good.

With this situation, they won't be able to interfere with the upcoming trilateral meeting. Even though they have magicians and devils from the true satan faction, they are critically lacking in individual combat strength. According to the plan, Katarea Leviathan, the descendant of Leviathan, was supposed to challenge the leaders alone, but Shalba and Creuserey Asmodeus also need to make an appearance.

They, as the true satan, don't even consider the possibility of losing, but they understand that Sirzechs and the others are stronger. They were only filled with resentment due to the decisive disruption of their plan. They vented their anger towards Ophis, who had betrayed their agreement, putting their own feelings aside.

 

In addition, there is the matter of the Flesh Pillars. It doesn't matter if they attacked the Church. It doesn't matter that they attacked the predecessors who chose the false satan over the true satan. However, according to certain sources, they are claiming to be the True Seventy-Two Pillars. Such repulsive monsters are defiling the name of devils. It was unforgivable as descendants of the satan. Their strength, identity, and objectives were of no concern. They were intent on crushing them in their rage.

Moreover, it is said that those creatures are involved in the recent Witch's Night Hexennacht annihilation incident. They had a close relationship with Nilrem, the magician faction of the Khaos Brigade, which caused some damage. The disappearance of one of the Godslaying Tools, the Holy Cross, was especially significant.

"You... you... you... you... you... you! False and hypocritical Satan! Stupid dragon! Detestable tentacled monster!"

True Beelzebub clenches his fist in humiliation. He had no choice to prioritize the future, which should have been cherished, over past pride. It was not a matter of thinking or executing plans. Such things vanished for him on the day he was defeated by Sirzechs and the others.

In the bloodline of the ancient satan, there was no other choice.

***

 

 

 

"Requested by Gaap. Overflowing heat. Overflowing anger. Are you telling us to just wait and endure this wrath until Baal and Flauros' operation is complete? To endure this fury? Let us slaughter as many of their impostors, the angels who denigrate heaven, and the fallen angels who mock humanity!"

"Suggestion from Glasya-Labolas. We should prioritize burying the impostor Sitri."

"Rejected by Goetia. The death of satan activates the actions of the devils. They need to remain on 'alert' for our plan to proceed without hindrance. But, Glasya-Labolas, why bring up such a matter now?"

"Confirmation from Balam. Glasya-Labolas' impostor, Satan Falbium Asmodeus, is said to have delegated work to his subordinates. This laziness is well-known to each faction, and the Underworld tolerates it. Is such corruption tolerable? But why does Glasya-Labolas harbor hatred towards Sitri's impostor, Satan Serafall Leviathan?"

"Answer from Glasya-Labolas. I hold stronger anger towards Sitri's impostor than towards my own impostor. Why? Why is it? Why is such a fake magical girl tolerated!? A mere authority figure indulging in play and broadcasting her obscenity on public airwaves. That woman is insane. The devil race is insane. What value does such a fake magical girl hold? Why does anyone who sees such an unsightly appearance feel discomfort, yet fail to realize the disgust felt by those who perceive it? That woman... her very existence is an insult to them!"

"Question from Decarabia. Seeking an explanation of Glasya-Labolas true intention."

"Answer from Barbatos. It's unknown."

"Speculation from Paimon. Sitri's impostor is not of an age that can be called a girl, even considering the aspect of race. Furthermore, devils of a certain age should be able to appear youthful in form. But Serafall Leviathan takes the form of a magical girl appropriate for her age. Glasya-Labolas cannot tolerate this."

"Denial from Amdusias. Glasya-Labolas fury does not stem from that."

"Report from Bune. A meeting of the biblical factions seems to be taking place. There may be an agreement reached, including the incident involving Gremory. Our information exchange will also be conducted, including the testimony of Rias Gremory and her subordinates, and Sona Sitri and her subordinates."

"Additional information from Asmodeus. Satan Sirzechs Lucifer, Satan Serafall Leviathan, Archangel Michael, and the Governor of Fallen Angels Azazel are expected to attend."

"Additional information from Ronove. Rias Gremory and her subordinates, as well as Sona Sitri and her subordinates, will also attend as witnesses."

"Additional information from Orias. The ceasefire and establishment of a joint front are almost certain."

"Question from Halphas. Why don't they start the war? Why don't they end the confrontation? The fighting never stops. The pain never disappears. They have been at the bottom of the spiral for longer than mortal beings. Why do they think they can join hands with us based on fear alone? Why choose to ignore our distrust of them? If they could stop the fighting with such things—then why haven't they done so until now?"

"Order from Goetia to Glasya-Labolas. If you have the motivation, take care of the menial tasks. However, your forces will be restricted. Cool your head."

***

[Diversification of perspectives refers to the process of incorporating a wide range of different viewpoints, opinions, and experiences into a particular context or situation.]

10