Chapter 1: Same time, Different Place
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The date is April 10th in the year 2140 and its been 140 years since the world has fallen and the dead began to walk among us. I am currently in my room which just so happens to also be in this dreadful temple in south ameri.."

"Lady Sofia! Lady Sofia!! Lady ahh!"

The little girl yells a certain person's name while running down the hall before she trips from stepping on her own hair, forcing the door open with the weight of her body.

"What is it Milly? You interrupted my monthly report and I accidently broke my pencil.. Now Fetch me another!"

"No, your hair turned red! My apologies my lady... please don't get angry. I just needed to let you know that the magic elders have asked me to remind you that the meeting will begin in 30 minutes.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot, thank you Milly"

"You always forget my lady, especially on days like these when you get to spy on him.."

Milly sighs and hands Sophia a new pencil where she than bows and walks back to the door she had forced open.

"I don't know what you mean. I spy on other people too you know, I have to after all.. I need to make sure they're ok, we're connected by destiny you see.. even if I'm not allowed to leave here and help.. Besides, those old geezers keep asking me to check for anything that can be considered a threat to us"

"My lady.. Your lying, your hair is pink now"

"Good bye Millie"

Sophie Interrupts Millie as she starts to drag her out the Door. Once she returns to her desk, she starts to pour magic into an orb like object which presents moving images to her and begins writing in her personal dairy while also talking out loud to herself .

~Sophia's Observation #1~

Our first Subject today Is an idiot and his dumb curly brown hair. I don't know why I'm talking to my self over even explaining it but it helps me relax. His Destination is... Well that's personal unfortunately so sorry old geezers but his current location seems to be a forest somewhere in a country once known as the United states. A place known as New Mexico. Who is this idiot you ask? His name is Allister and he is the love of my life, sadly. Don't get me wrong, he's kind and brave but believe me when I say he's an idiot. He has the worst luck ever, and I mean the worst.. Oh what's this? a girl is coming hiding behind a tree.. wait is she trying to kill him? how foolish, but I do hope she punches a whole through him for me.

~Sophia's Observation #2, 3 and 4~

Our next subjects aren't all together but they are in the same city known as the Lost City which is way north from Allister. First we have the trouble trio Jorge, Christopher, and Alex. Today seems to be the day they attempt their 3rd prison break. Jorge Is an Idiot just like someone I know.. Next we have Chris, you cant even see the face because its wrapped like a mummy.. no matter, I already know how this person looks anyways. Last but not least! we have Alex, he creeps me out, his long light brown hair and face makes him look like a girl but when he smiles his shark looking teeth start to show. Well it looks like all the prisoners are working together this time.. Good luck guys!

Our Next Location takes us to.. a throne room? Is that the king? he looks like a bum even as he sits there on his throne. You cant even see his face with that hair. I mean its not long but its not managed well.. I wonder if he.. Oh! He's not alone it seems. There's my cool looking masked friend standing next to the king. His mask is shaped like an animal but I can't tell what it is, but those twisted horns attached to it makes him look pretty cool if you ask me. In front of them seem to be a group of vampires with a creepy looking leader in the front. Oh god, is this a Coup? Well it sucks to be the King.

Next is.. is she escaping from the Lost City? I wonder if she knows about the coup.. of course she does. Elizabeth, you surprise me every time.. the things those eyes can see. Escaping through the Sacred Forest I see, but you're being followed! Never the less I almost pity those who think they can win against you.

"Well That concludes my observation... and there's nothing to report, at least to those geezers. Time to bring my creatures back."

------------------------------

In a Forest with trees reaching so high they block out the sky and even sunlight its self, a boy walks alone with only his backpack, a simple beret hat and clothes to his name.

"Okay, well it seems this place isn't connected to the Sacred Forest either. Great."

The boy yawns loudly and notices that this forest only has the sound of birds that can be heard and the feeling of a chill breeze can be felt but even the wind can carry sounds.

"Look, I know that you're there. You might as well come out. I felt you tracking me for a while now but don't worry, I wont hurt you unless you hurt me first.. Oh I'm Allister by the way."

Allister waves happily at a tree when a girl comes out from behind with a simple long shirt cut in the form of a dress and a very messy yet straight dark grey hair reaching down to her cheek with short bangs.

"A while back, I saw you walk passed some zombies and they ignored you.. Why is that?"

"Oh shit you saw that? I mean well.. what can I say? I guess I just don't look delicious to them."

Allister laughs sarcastically but while he did, the girl's hand started to change as dark fur surrounded it and claws began to appear.

"No way, a shape shifter? that's pretty cool."

soon the girl had already began to run towards him and plunged her arm into the left side of his chest.

"That's enough! now tell me, what are you? Are you one of them? can you actually have a brain and mimic us? If you don't answer, I will rip your heart out and feed you to my people" The girl says angrily as blood spilled from Allister's body

"Come on, why does this always happen to me? Look that's not an easy question to answer. I, Ow.. can assure you that I am not a zombie. I'm...alive and a traveler on a mission so please take your hand out of my body.. It feels weird."

"What! how? What are you?"

------------------

On the coast of a certain portion of the city lies a prison and within these walls screams can be heard. They aren't the screams of people suffering but rather the sound of morale being boosted as all the prisoners are attempting a prison break, causing panic for the guards throughout the facility. Sirens can be heard coming from the center of this prison which was a singular tower and on the 3rd floor a boy blocks the door leading into the control room.

"Shit! shit! We're trapped Alex! what do we do? screams a boy as he panics walking in complete circles

"Calm down Jorge, we freed the rest of the prisoners. Now we just need to let Ivan deal with getting these collars off us and then we can beat and tear these guards apart. Just be glad they're normal humans and not vampires but I doubt the king even cares enough to have them guarding us anyways. It's not like the guards have any guns, just tasers. Chris should have blocked the entrance to their armory as well.. so shut up that alarm and help me with this door so they don't break through!"

Before they knew it the door was pushed open sending them to the control board which cause the alarm to turn off. What stood before them was a giant bald headed man who appears to be in the same orange prison uniform as them.

"Hey, you Jorge and Alex? I didn't know we had a female prisoner in this wing.. and a cute one at that! Ivan sent me to help."

"What did you just call me?"

"Hey big guy, how dare you call Alex cute.. She's beautiful! now take it back!"

"Shut up Jorge, we don't have time for this, now lets meet up with the others"

The three escaped as they start to make their way to the only entrance and exit in the prison but stopped once an explosion was heard and felt on the other side of the facility.

"What the hell, was that the weapons room? No! is Chris ok? what if they got him?"

"I doubt it, he's the luckiest guy we know but we need to make our way to the gate now. So stop panicking!"

"Chris!!"

Alex starts to drag Jorge by his hand as he cries and yells the boy's name without being able to mourn his death. Down at the ground level, guards can be seen fighting prisoners from every direction and their only way out consisting of a narrow road with its length being half of a football field. Prisoners start making a dash towards the giant square metal door, within this group of prisoners is a boy with bandages wrapped around his head. He turns to see three individuals coming towards them.

"Jorge! Alex! you guys are alive, Who's the big guy? and I heard the explosion.. I thought I lost you guys"

"Chris! You thought you lost us? I was the one thinking you had died!"

"The explosion came from the weapons rooms you fool, what happened?"

As the trio bickered among themselves, the light to their collars turned off as they started to open and fall to the ground. Cheers can be heard among all the prisoners, for this meant one thing and one thing only; they were free. As the three boys danced in a circle Chris suddenly remembered what he had in his hand.

"Jorge take a look at this!, I balled up a bunch of grenades together" Chris said giving an evil laugh that can't be seen through the bandages.

"With your amazing strength, you can throw this towards the door. Pull one pin and Kaboom! We are truly free!"

Chris suddenly handed Jorge the bag and gave him the thumbs up, where as Alex shook his head and assured him that only he could do it.

"You guys believe in me that much? Well here goes nothing!"

Jorge yelled for everyone to get out the way, he tosses the bag with all his strength, only for everyone to be disappointed when the grenades didn't reach the door but rather landed half way across the road creating an explosive big enough to be heard across the city. The force produced by the explosive that generated smoke also created cracks along the walls which made the door less sturdy than it was.

"What kind of throw was that Jorge?" A boy suddenly appeared from the sky as if he had just jumped from a very high place.

"Ivan Where have you been this whole time? and I told you guys I never learned to control my strength but Chris and Alex said they believed in me.."

"I was trying to get to the weapons room so I can steal some guns but some one dropped a grenade with no pin and everything exploded" Ivan said angrily while narrowing his eyes at Chris

"Anyways, we were able to get our hands on some from the guards trying to get into this wing. We need to break that door open.. Jorge, its time to redeem yourself, you need to punch that thing wide open!"

"No way, Get some one else to do it! I'm not the only strong one here and I can't even control my abilities... get that giant bald-y to do it!" Jorge said as he panicked until he stopped and noticed that gaze of another person staring back at him threw a window. "Red eyes?"

"Focus Jorge! We have no one else, they're all still fighting the guards and besides you're different, the magic flowing through you heals you when you're hurt"

Suddenly Jorge is grabbed by Ivan and thrown towards the door. Jorge yells at the top of his lung and suddenly flings his arm to Punch the door; The impact sends the entrance flying away with Jorge's arm breaking as a result.

"Ivan you piece of shit!" Jorge lays on the ground while he withered in pain.

"The guards are coming out with guns!" A prisoner yells as guns start to go off

"What? dammit everyone its time to go! Run!" Yells Ivan

Shot were being fired on both sides as others start to make a break for it, Chris suddenly lifts Jorge on his shoulders as bullets are cutting through his clothing leaving holes and yet not one bullet came close to actually wounding him but that didn't stop him, he runs in the opposite direction from everyone else which was towards the city.

-----------------------

Within the center of the Lost City was a palace where one man sits wearing all black, his hair is black but his eyes shine a bright blood like color. He's known as the king and yet any normal citizen who lives in the city can tell you that no one has seen him for more than a century and standing next to him is his right hand man dressed in a dark blue and gold tuxedo. His face unknown to those who don't know him for he wears a dark goldish mask with twisted horns coming out of it. The king usually keeps to himself and yet today was a day he would face those who refuse to accept his foolish rule. Nonetheless, time moves forward and a group of his own kind appear before him with one man leading them. His hair and eyes held the same colors as the king.

"David, we no longer accept you as our king, it's time you faced your sins!"

"Its time you say? But William, It seems you have always been plotting this. You only come before me now that I am weak and you have gotten stronger. Are you finally going to try and kill me or will you stand there like the scrawny frozen vampire that I remember from over a century ago."

The king sits with out a single care in the world; His hair is long but it doesn't cover all of his face, only the emotionless eyes and mouth seem to slip through. The image of the past returns to William's as he remembered that eventful day. At the time, he came upon the thrown room to attend his first official meeting with his father and the rest of the elder vampires until the scene the room hit him in the face. Every where he look was covered in blood from the walls to the ceiling and the floor. William stood there with no words to say as he stared at the chair on top of the stairs in front of him. One man with blood covering every part of his body and the same look he gave him then is the same one he see's now.

"You nearly brought us to extinction! you killed our elders just like you killed Arianna.. your own wife! Now you've shut us off from the world and let the humans do as they wish! You left a human in charge as he gathered those with special abilities in order to study them and now they're breaking out as we speak! We were once seen as mighty and powerful beings and yet when this world ended.. it should have been our time to take over but instead we just sat behind these walls afraid of the dead that lurks outside! So tell me.. who is the coward!? Don't bother answering that.. I know we can't kill you but we can still seal and imprison you. The same will be done with your daughter Elizabeth as well, after all she's a co-conspirator no? She carries your blood with her.. It's unfortunate that it couldn't be her mother who gifted her at the coming of age. The one who was once known as the strongest vampire to ever live. Alphonse! will you continue to protect the king? Your job was always to protect the kids was it not? Elizabeth may be gone but you have Gabriel and Lisa.

With out a single word being said, Alphonse turns around and leaves the throne room. David continues to sit there with out a single expression as the rebels walk towards him.

"Do as you wish Will"

Darkness falls upon the king.

-----------------

On the outskirts of the City lies a sacred forest with trees as tall as a three story building and at the middle height of these trees lied a never ending bridge made of wood that wraps around them. On this bridge a girl can be seen running with two blades attached to her hip but all of a sudden, she comes to a complete stop. Her eyes shine a nice rainbow like color when it's usually suppose to be red and then the sound of an explosion can be heard.

"So its begun and it seems Allister still has a long way to go. If he wasn't an idiot he would have been here ages ago. No matter, the pieces have been set.. I can't keep changing things anymore.. the rest will be up to them"

"My lady what brings you here? are you going out again? shall I connect you to the usual forest?"

A women appears before the girl from thin air; Her hair and eyes a light green and her body covered in leaf like clothing with vines wrapping around her from head to toe. The girl with swords stares emotionless but a sense of frustration on her face leaks out

"Leafa.. send me to the forest of Sierra since my bike should still be there."

"As you wish but lady Elizabeth, it seems you are being followed.. are they friends of yours?"

Elizbeth turns around to see who were the people following her, only to see 2 girls now standing a few feet away from her; one with Pink hair and red eyes and the other with black hair and red eyes.

"So Will sent you two?" Liz moves her eyes from side to side wondering if there is anyone else hiding around. "I don't see Selena.. I figured we might as well have a reunion since we all grew up together. At least with her around you guys might have had a chance against me."

"Oh we asked but Selena wasn't interested and don't bother trying to act cool because your father gave you his blood for your coming of age."

"That's right, King William finally gifted Kelly and me his blood in order to capture you. Our body's are flowing with fresh human blood as well" The girl in pink smirks. The two girls take out silver knives from their sleeves.

"You already call him King do you? Kelly, you of all people should know what happens when someone betrays me... especially a friend.. you were more fun before we turned you into a vampire. Julie, Its unfortunate that it has to be Will's blood running through your veins now but even if my father hadn't ended your elders, you still wouldn't have the strength to take me on.. Leafa, prepare the transfer for me while I deal with these two"

Leafe soon disappears and the sound of two blade could be heard being unsheathed from Liz's hips; One made of pure Silver, the other? Pure white as if it was made of bone. The three girls stood there until Julie and Kelly vanished; they started moving at high speeds around their target which refuses to move a finger. Before the two girls could react Liz started to twist her body where she than threw her white blade towards Julie which pierced her and left her trapped between a tree and the very blade running through her stomach.

"Shit, Kelly I can't move, take her out!" Julie yelled in frustration as she spats out blood from her mouth

"What? That's not right, how can you see us? have you been drinking blood to you regain your formal strength?"

"Didn't I tell you? Although you would be correct when it comes to me requiring blood, just like my dad and any normal vampire but when it comes to my mothers blood, I can stay just the way I am and not need to feast on anyone.. isn't it amazing? she left me a bottle of her blood before she passed. I found in my fathers secret library" Liz makes a kind smile as she puts her hand above her heart thinking of the woman who left her with out saying goodbye, imagining the back of her figure as she walks away.

"Dam you Liz!" Kelly threw her small blade only to be deflected

Liz soon moves and grabs Kelly by her hair where she than began punching in the face with consecutive hits. Blood was flying everywhere but once Kelly tried to push her away, she saw that her very arm was no longer attached and soon Liz shoves Kelly's own knife in her right eyes. The girl screamed from the pain as she backed away, trying to pull the knife out.

"You know, you may be a vampire now but don't forget your place Kelly... to me, you will always be that nerdy freckle girl with glasses who was lucky to run into us while getting bullied and you Julie.."

Liz than Sheaths her silver blade and vanishes, only to appear in front of Julie as she thrust her first within the tree in order to stay at the same level as her.

"Julie Julie Julie, should I kill you? If I do, who's going to carry Kelly back? I mean look at her, she won't stop screaming and crying but who am I to complain? I hear enchanted silver can be very painful to vampires like us... Oh! I know what to do, I have a message for your king and I need you to deliver it for me" Liz releases her blade from within Julie as watches her unconscious body fall to the floor of the bridge.

"My lady, its time."

"Thanks Leafa.. I probably wont be seeing you again after this so take care of yourself alright.. just because you're the protector of this forest, doesn't mean you should sacrifice yourself if it ever gets attacked." Liz soon heads towards the dark belly of the forest as she leaves the city behind and all those close to her.

1