Chapter 5: Hopeless criminals and the music princess
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some time in at the end of May.

"The Lost City, surrounding it lies a forest stretching out for miles. The only way in and out is through there but rumors say a spirit lies within it... only she allows who gets to enters and leave. That's not even the crazy part, guards are usually positioned at the entrance and no one has visited this city in decades."

"Because of the spirit? I guess it's hard to trust just anyone who claims they're looking for a home. How do they have enough guards? I mean, there are trees in every direction right?"

"You've been on the roof, haven't you seen those large walls? That's how. Building a wall helps them limit and decrease the chances of anyone sneaking in. Also, you can only enter by climbing a certain altitude where a bridge lies. Gramp's told me the forest is magical! The spirit connects itself to other locations in the world, even those who take the long way will never truly find this place.. only the righteous can!"

"Magic forest? a spirt ? I don't believe you.. How does the old man know?'

"Didn't I tell you? The old man knows everything and my mom used to tell me stories."

"No you never.. your mom? I forgot you grew up with her... where is she?"

"Don't know, she said she had to go and then she vanished. "

"Sorry"

"Look not all of us grew up outside like Ivan or Alex.. In fact I might be the only one who was captured inside this city. Even you're different... you were basically raised in there since you were a child, unlike us who showed up around 11 or 12 years old."

"I know, you always tell me.. I can't help but be ignorant of this world. The warden only taught me the basics of things. I know what a phone is but I've never seen or touched one."

"Look, lets move on. At the center of this place, lies a huge lake! The city surrounding it, is broken into 4 domains or districts. Honestly? Call it what you want, you'll hear both from time to time."

"The king rules them all?"

"Pretty much. Under him consist of 4 noble families who govern those locations so he doesn't have to deal with every little detail."

"Nobles? They're vampires?"

"They are! Each city is named after them. The Bloodress domain, Gwendoline, Aster's, and the Chroniclers. We live in the biggest part of this city, The Bloodress Domain. The prison we escaped? Belonged to the Chroniclers."

"The current king is...William Bloodress?"

"Yup"

"Is he dangerous?"

"Who knows and I'd rather not find out but that medical facility we targeted was in his domain. I wouldn't be surprised if they took action."

"What you said back then.. are you really not going to help us anymore?"

"I don't trust Ivan. So no. I only showed up to help you and I won't allow him to use me. You shouldn't either!"

"You never told me what the walls were really for. I mean, are they really for people who might wander here?"

"This place has history. Incase of war breaking out I guess. Go to school with me and you will learn everything."

"I already said no! and I ain't changing my name to Craig!"

"Don't worry about that! Gramps was just joking but he found a new plan. Apparently the king is going to open his borders to the world! He's going to establish a relationship with other nations, even one called the Magic Kingdom. All sorts of people will migrate here and they kind of already have. Even those with a magic backgrounds. That's probably why that vampire said all those things that one night.. Look, we can use that as a cover and no one will question our reason for being here."

"I can't. Not when they need us"

"Jorge.."

"Look, I have to go. I have to meet up with some one."

"That dark blue eyed girl?"

"Hey, yours are blue too! I saved her her from being mugged and she's buying me dinner. See you later!"

She stared at his back as he ran out the shop. Thinking to herself that her eyes weren't that blue and other than the hair, crystal colored eyes were normal.

"Hopefully, he doesn't blow his cover."

---------------

Days prior to their conversation, a medical facility was under attack. The Location was within the Bloodress domain; far from a populated place and during this time, a fog had encompassed the whole city. If one were to notice, they would realize the oddness in which it moved and how it heavily covered one specific location.

"Chief! It's them! The NB group or whatever. They broke through!"

"How is that possible?"

"Just as the reports said, they have people with abilities among them! Some one with crazy strength has been launching vehicles and even dumpsters in our directions. They're entering through different locations now!"

"How the hell do we even defend ourselves from this?" "I don't know" "Chief!"

"Everyone calm down, we'll handle this! right Lord Raymond?"

"I'm only here to supervise you since your blood lust hasn't settled yet. Although I am curious about these kids. "

Two individuals in suits walked up to the security guards while they were panicking; Brown hair with dark brown eyes and one with blonde hair and red eyes. The surprised face on every one began to soften.

"Its the chairman's son! your eyes sir.. are you?"

"That's right! A gift from the king, thanks to his son for telling him about my loyalty. Now sit back and allow me to feast! These peasants are mine."

-----------------------------------

"Well it seems our guys are in the building. It's a shooting fest left and right."

A group consisting of 5 individuals were standing outside the fog in a parking lot.

"Bug, how is our side doing?"

"With the weapons we have? On top of them not having abilities as well... I'd say we're slowly winning this fight."

"Hey, how can you tell what's happening in there?"

"Jorge you don't know? He said his name was Bug when he introduced himself earlier. Bug Can control insects and apparently see what they can see, right?"

"No way, how have we never met?"

"I wasn't in the same block as you guys but the boss found me."

"Yes, well you have a good ability so I had to save you."

"You think mine is cool? At least you guys have enhanced physical abilities. All that random shit you've been throwing has probably been freaking them out, even if your aim is bad."

"I think what's more interesting is you Chris. Being able to control water is quite something and I never thought it included vaper as well."

"Ivan, you sure this place has been making its money by collecting blood from the slums and selling it to vampires?"

"Yes, just like my source said. it was the same for the other place we've targeted, they're all connected to one major hospital in this district. A black market was established to meet the vampires demand.. their taste."

"Demand?"

"Blood is a currency. People can make money by selling it the legit way, which vampires can purchase only after a human has turned 18. If vampires aren't satisfied with an adult and desire something more rich and young.. they turn here."

Jorge notice Ivan when he changed his look as he stopped talking.

"What is it Ivan?"

"I smell something foul. Some one whose drenched in blood."

"Yea, I see who you're talking about. The chairman's son from the report but he's different somehow."

"How different?"

"I don't think he's human. Actually, I know he's not! He's tearing our guys apart!"

"Alright, I'm going in."

"Me too"

"Jorge you can't!"

Chris panicked but Ivan instantly responded

"Chris is right. I've noticed that your arm is still recovering from throwing all that junk. You can't fight and that guy will probably just rip off your arms, we don't know if your power also gives you the ability to heal lost limbs. It might just close your wounds instead."

"But!"

"Look, you and Alex can help by finishing this mission! Sneak around back and take out the rest of them. Chris, you protect Bug."

--------------------------

The shots began to quite down and only due to one man mowing down his enemies while laughing. Bodies were spraying blood as the lights flickered.

"The name is John Goldfein, all this belongs to my father and soon it will be mine. I can't allow things like this to happen. So, before I kill the rest of you! Tell me who's your leader and where I can find him.

"That would be me."

John had focused his attention on one voice as it made its way through the crowd.

"And you are?"

"Ivan. Just Ivan."

"Ah yes, I forget you commoners don't have last names."

"Not many people do anymore. You're not the foul stench that I smelled though."

"You must mean Lord Raymond? He's dealing with the pest that didn't come in from the front entrance. Some of your friends perhaps?"

"Well that was the plan, that's why I sent them that way."

"How cruel, they're going to die"

"I know what I'm doing"

Ivan stretched his arms out as hair began to grow, his hands taking the form of claws as they became enlarged. John watched this transformation in awe for only a second until he began leaping towards Ivan with excitement.

--------------------------------------------------------

On the other side of the building, Jorge and Alex were making their way to a location Ivan told them prior to leaving but suddenly a chill ran down their spines which froze them in place.

"Alex, who the hell is that?"

"I don't know! But he gives me the creeps... clearly in another league than us."

"Do you guys have abilities too? Oh! Don't be afraid, you can call me Raymond."

The two just stood there looking into the eyes of this unknown man. Not knowing what to do, Raymond slowly walked to them only showing an innocent smile but his eyes had no emotions. He raised his hand but was interrupted by the voice of a man he had just finished fighting.

"I'm not dead yet!"

"Nacho!"

"I can see that. I'm done with you though. Being fast does have it's benefits but it seems like you have completed your mission. It's pointless against me, lye back down."

"Like hell I will!"

"Jorge, Now's our chance. Lets go!"

They ran while Raymond had his back turned. The boy he was watching vanished and eventually took the other two with him. Walls cracking with every step he took

"They're gone."

-----------------

"What the hell, how did we get here?"

"Calm down, it's my ability. I can run fast but I'm weak right now, had to put a little more strength into it. He'll be behind us soon! Alex take this switch to Ivan and tell him that everything is ready."

"Thanks Nacho. What are you going to do?"

"I'll hold him off for as long as I can. Now go!"

-----------------------------------

in the center of this building lied a large room, constructed to look like a garden with a fountain. Smoke and fires was ravaging but this room stayed in tact until the breaking of a wall caused debris to hurl everywhere all the while, a heated battle continued. Ivan and John swung at each constantly but no fatal blows could be made."

" Ah, the garden! A perfect place for our battle."

John Kicked the statue on top of the fountain towards Ivan. As he dodged, the sensation of a light grip was felt around his neck as well as the pain of his back being slammed to the ground. John tried to crush the boys throat but soon failed once his arm was no longer attached to him.

"You dam beast! That fur around your neck.. What are you"

His conversation was cut short once a metal pipe ran across his face, sending him flying back towards the wall.

"Sorry we're late Ivan. Wow! look at you! You're turning into an animal"

"Where did you guys come from? "

"The hole you made. Listen. Nacho gave me this button or whatever but we have a problem! there's another vampire coming and I don't think Nacho can hold him."

"You were right. He couldn't hold me."

Raymond stood at the actual entrance to the garden with scratches on him.

"So he's the foul stench I smelled."

"A shape shifter.. Let me guess, by your smell. A bear? I guess not all of you are just half breeds of Sorcerers and witches."

"Lord Raymond."

"John! You're a mess."

"You don't look high ranking"

"What? Oh, you're assuming because of my hair and eyes right? Not all nobles are born into a family. Some like me are adopted. Although it's frowned upon, eventually as generations grow.. So do our family connections."

"You talk a lot when I don't even care."

"I can't help but enjoy being the first one to explain or give the bad news. It's a bad habit of mine."

Raymond put his hand on a blade that was sheath and wrapped around his waist. The others kept their guards up until Jorge raised the metal pipe to block the incoming attack which proved useless. The pipe was sliced in two and a following kick sent him back behind the others. Ivan was now only a few inches from the man.

"Materials like that is useless against mine. Your move,"

Ivan threw jabs but he couldn't land a single hit. Raymond just dodged with no change to his expression.

"You aren't bad when it comes to partial transformation. You fight like someone who had to survive outside these walls.. still, your someone with out proper training and the result being that your time is up. You're going full beast now and so will your mind."

Raymond punched Ivan in the gut, causing him to fall to his knees while vomiting.

"Becoming an animal that you are is only useful when your fighting against another. The king of the animal kingdom is a lion. I had the liberty of being able to duel him. Anyways, partial transformation allows you the flexibility of a human, also the strength and characteristics of the animal you change into."

"Shut up."

"How boring."

Raymond unsheathed his bladed that was rest on his waist while Ivan was breathing heavily but worst of all, he knew Raymond was right. He was at his limit and couldn't even tell that a blade was coming his way. Raymond was shocked to see another jump in between them while slightly seeing the movement of a third as he flew across the room, a single bite to the blade caused it to shatter.

This boy broke my blade? with his teeth?

The air got cold and ice started to spread up to Raymond's leg while John was covered entirely. They could no longer move.

"Ice? you can use the elements? actual magic? I swear these reports.."

Raymond heard John scream his last breath until he no longer could. He ended up meeting the same fate, shattering like glass.

"Chris! you're the best!!"

"Sorry. Bug took to long on relaying the information."

Chris high fived Jorge as they cheered until someone interrupted

"Not bad human girl, for a color.. I've seen others like you but I don't remember meeting a blue one."

Chris released ice from her arms and created blades but Raymond dodged her and jumped over by the whole they used to come in.

"How are you alive?"

"It'll take a lot more to kill me. You can call it blood magic but don't worry. My plans have changed now and besides, I have a feeling we'll be friends!"

"Your king won't be mad?"

"With you? Probably, but I don't serve him. I'm kind of like an outsider to this city whose here on official business. I wasn't even suppose to be here."

"I don't get you guys. Your friend is dead."

"He was a fool. I'm more curious about you now. I have a meeting soon and I'm expecting my daughter to call so... until next time I guess."

Raymond vanished and all the chaos was at an end. Everyone left alive began to retreat and once a good distance was made, Ivan who was trying to keep himself awake pressed the button and blew up the building. Something in the back of Chris's mind told her this wasn't right. She was done helping and walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------

Two days had passed and the news haven't yet to reach the people, the time was 10pm on the dot and a restaurant was about to close. At the bar, a girl was enjoying her last drink; hair was black but her eyes were dark blue. She had a beauty to her that caused men to fall in love at first sight.. usually the creeps were the ones who would actually confess. Just finishing her usual singing and of playing instruments was the reason she was out, it wasn't a job but rather a hobby.

"Great performance as always Selena. Can I pour you a another drink?"

"No thanks, I need to get going. How much do I owe?"

"Are you kidding, with the costumers you brought in? You're good, be safe out there."

Leaving through the back door which lead to an alley, Selena began to sense the presence of others nearby.

"Two? No.. three. One ahead of me and the other two behind... Right?"

"Wow, she noticed us." "So much for a surprise."

"You guys saw me perform?"

"When I first saw you, I fell in love! I realized that I must have you and the others agreed. Marry me?"

"No."

"So fast." "Come on boss, Lets just have our way." "New city, new meat"

"You guys don't know who I am?"

"Does it matter?"

"You must be new, I heard people would be migrating but wow, that was fast."

"Of course, when you got the funds. Right boss?" "This city we soon be mine."

She looked up to the sky as she let out a sigh, she began thinking to herself on why ridiculous things like this always happens.

No one ever realizes that I'm the daughter of the current king or the fact that I'm a vampire.. It's the eyes!!

Selena Bloodress, the biological daughter of King William Bloodress and a witch who passed away long ago. Her half brother was Adrian, although Will was her dad, vampires don't believe in the concept of family. Immortality means never ending so why should the concept of a family? but once her mother died as a mortal, she was taken in by her god parents. The godfather being David and the mother being his wife Arianna Chronicler, she always saw David as a father to her before he became known as the Blood King. She considered Lisa and Gabriel to be like little siblings but Liz? She was her twin, her partner in crime, and her other half.

The man Infront swung his fist at her which she responded in a similar fashion. As their fist collided, his bones broke, Selena got behind and sent him flying with a simple push towards the other two.

"You bitch! My arm is broken!!" "Say your fare wells!"

"Hey you goons, leave her alone!"

Selena body jolted from a sudden interference as a strange guy came rushing in and punching their leader in the face. All she could think was, why that face was so familiar? He was able to chase them off. It wasn't because of how tuff he looked, he didn't look that much stronger than them at all. In fact, he was younger but the crazy look on his face and the constant yelling was causing attention from people down the alley which was to much of a hassle.

"You ok?"

"Now I remember! You were that goofy looking guy who was staring at me through the window. Wow, I'm surprised that I remembered that.."

"Well I'm glad you're ok."

"Huh? I would have been fine. I was handling it."

"Ok.. well I'm honored you remembered me haha.. I'm Jorge!"

"Nice to meet you Jorge and thank you."

"It's nothing! When I first heard you, I was amazed by your singing. Once I saw that it was you, I just ran."

"Because it was me?"

This aurora, this feeling.. He smells like Liz.

"Where are you from Jorge?"

"Umm.. My cousin and I just moved to the city. From.. the country side!"

"I see. Since your a fan and you saved me, how about I treat you to some dinner? I can also show you around this place?"

"Yes! I mean.. sounds good."

"A week from now. Meet me in front of this place at 4pm. I need to get going, I have places to be."

"Bye!"

Liz, is this all part of your plan? I wonder.. I guess I'll keep his identity to myself for now.

----------------------------------------

Within the Chroniclers domain, lied a large building known as the royal palace. The highest floor held a room consisting of a round table, prior to its reconstruction which only had one throne and steps leading up to it. People were beginning to gather with only a few sitting while others stood around them. Once all the important figures came, an announcer spoke up as he told everyone to quite down and made the introductions.

"I will begin! We have prince Gabriel representing house Chronicler and their domain. Princess Julie of House Gwendoline, Gabriel's fiancé. Lord Raymond, representing house Aster, related to and currently a fill in for Princess Abigail. Princess Selena and Prince Adrian of house Bloodress. Last but not least, his highness King William Bloodress of the Lost City."

"Thank you for those introductions. Everyone, please sit."

"Father, do we have to do these announcements? Its corny."

"Oh daughter, it was like this for me when I went with my father. It's tradition and truth is, also very sentimental for me. Ha ha ha"

"I guess."

"Now everyone, your reports? Who will go first?"

"I will, the construction on the new houses are complete. We are still working on the expansions of the schools and the guard posts. If you wish it, we can increase the migrations now."

"Good."

"Sir, everything is ready for your departure to the Frontier. We can set out first thing in the morning."

"I guess David putting a human in charge to be the face of peace in this city was a good thing. Marcus planned this ahead of time before our relationship with other nations began. Have we been able to find him?"

"Unfortunately we haven't, escaping during all the commotions and while we were distracted was our biggest slip up. We apologize and we will find him."

"Very well, chances are... he could have made contact with those kids."

"Yes sir, we'll keep our eyes out."

Sorry father but they'll never find him because I already have him.

"Have you decided on what we will tell the other kingdoms your highness? They're expecting David and Marcus.."

"Yes, I have a plan. Leave it to me."

"Well next are the convi.. I mean terrorists. NB(New Begging) just targeted another medical facility. Making 3 locations, all within your specific domain your majesty."

"And?"

"They've killed the Chairman's son, John and left no survivors. They planted bombs in the generator rooms causing its explosion to be even bigger. After questioning the chairman himself, he said they used that place to sell blood. Most of the costumers needed the money, the price of selling your blood also included a room to sleep in and food to eat. These terrorist are fighting for their own sense of justice but it seams they have no regards for humans as well, anyone involved with vampires are in danger."

"Hmm, John was it? Raymond, weren't you put in charge of him?"

"Sorry your majesty. He slipped past me, wanted to protect his legacy I suppose."

"Bull Shit!"

The room got silent as everyone turned their attention at a young boy, Adrian.

"Got passed you? I bet you were there as well and you let them go!"

"Careful young prince. Just because you have had a hard time finding them, doesn't mean you should be mad at me. I know he was your first subordinate but false accusations will make other not trust you anymore."

"What did you say?!"

"Enough, both of you. This meeting is over! Gabriel and Selena, stay behind."

While everyone left, conversations were being made all around. As Selena walked towards the king, Julie called to her.

"What is it Julie?"

"Why didn't you help us against Liz? You didn't even visit us in the hospital."

"I heard about Kelly. She isn't going to recover anytime soon. The silver your family produces... must really hurt."

"Still Loyal to your fake family.. even the traitors!"

"I'm loyal to my friend. I made a pact, as did the two of you. She told us what would happen if anyone broke our number one promise. She was your friend since we were kids and you still tried to kill her."

"She killed my family! I knew her father did it, but I never expected her to be apart of it and she was going to kill me as well.."

"She could have and yet she didn't"

"She wanted me to send a message. Maybe because I'm Gabriel's fiancé"

"Maybe. I believe it was probably more. She didn't want to kill her friend... maybe she saw something more in you."

"More?"

"She probably read you. Saw you had potential for good. Of course Liz won't tell you since your always doing the opposite of what she says."

"I hate when she used to do that.. ridiculous."

"How is he?"

"Stubborn. Won't talk to me.. Always spending time in the library now."

"Sorry, I'll say something."

"You know I still love you."

"I do to Julie. Come out with me this weekend! We have a lot to talk about."

On the other side of the room, Adrian confronted Raymond on his way out and walked beside him.

"Yo Raymond"

"Prince Adrian, I really need to go."

"Well, that's why I'm walking with you! So, what's your game?"

"No games, just here on official orders."

"My mom?"

"The queen actually."

"Mabel? cool. I also hear your daughter will be joining you soon. You sure it's ok with this group running around?"

"It's Queen Mabel. Look kid, just stop."

Raymond got close Adrian's face and spoke quietly

"There is no game. You claim you can't find them but I know that's a lie. Why else would they have information on these facilities? Ha, the only problem was that you weren't expecting John to go. You consider yourself a player but you're the only one playing. For what? War? Fun? The throne? No one else cares. We're immortal. I know I don't care, your family doesn't and not even those kids. Lisa defiantly doesn't care."

"Bastard.."

"Did I struck a cord? How amusing. Don't mention my daughter again."

-----------------------------------------

"Father, you needed us?"

"Yes. Selena, you'll be acting queen while I'm gone."

"For how long?"

"A month or two at the most. The Frontier has many cities and towns, I must visit them all. Build this connection and understand how it is incase people wish to leave our city. Hopefully I'll visit the Magic Kingdom as well"

"Ok, I'm jealous but still, make Gabriel the king!"

"No thanks, I'm good."

"Your the oldest Selena. After 100 years, Ill pass it on to Julie but even she's still immature."

"Fine, but no social debut for me"

"Fair enough. Gabriel, how's the research coming along?"

"The library is huge and carries millions of books. Anything on their research could be scattered anywhere in that library. Everything I currently know, has been shared with you already. A threats coming and we need to know what it is."

"I can send help."

"No, It's forbidden to have others enter. I have Al helping me."

"Very well. I almost forgot, Raymond's daughter will be coming here. Seems like she wants to expands her horizon, which includes her education. Selena, I need you to watch her and I would like Lisa to show her around once the school year starts."

"What?" "Very well."

"She's a vampire and his daughter? She doesn't need a babysitter!"

"She's human actually. A very rare case but none the less. NB is dangerous which brings me to my final order."

"...."

"Look into them for me and watch out for you brother. If he causes trouble, you have full authority to punish him. No killing, just punish him. Abigail approves of this as well. She trust your judgement."

"She does? Fine.."

"Gabriel, you weren't there for your father's sealing. Have you tried visiting him?"

"Never even crossed my mind. What for?"

"Answers. Selena?"

"No."

Selena was remembering the last conversation she had with her godfather, right before the seal. Before anyone arrived and before anyone could see what had happened.

<You're early. My bloodless daughter.>

<A play on words. Nice.>

<Ha, what do you want?>

In front of her was the very man she respected while others only feared and hated. The sight of him in chains, his arms being pulled up towards the ceiling as a coffin with markings engraved onto it hovered over him.

<I'm... sorry..>

<Ridiculous.>

<I'm serious! I should have..>

<Selena.>

<I don't know what i should be doing... Liz and I have always been a team. She knew everything so I trusted her. Now she's gone..>

<You don't know if your choices benefit the future or make it worse?>

<Supporting my own blood.. Not standing by the family that took me in when things got bad and now.. not knowing what to do with the kids that escaped.>

<....>

David's right eye was piercing threw his hair, looking down at the person who was once a girl and now seeing a woman. Where did the time go he thought and where will it be taking her?

<Those kids don't even know! Even if they did, why should they care? Taken from the outside world, just to be put in a juvenile prison. Raised to believe it was to control their powers so they can live normal lives in our city.. All they know was that there was no freedom and now they're hatred grows. They broke out and it won't end there. Liz decided that was the time to leave and free them? She did it for a reason right? So do I help them?>

<Do you really want my answer?>

<Please!>

<Do what ever you want, regardless of me or Will. Support and help whom ever.. Knowing you, the righteous path will always be your destination.>

<Whatever?>

<Liz left for her own reasons. One of them being that she no longer wanted to decide the future for everyone. Those kids are following their own choices but they can't escape the evil that will come for us all.>

<Even if they will create their own version of evil? What are you guys worried about?>

<You decide what to do with them.>

<I guess I can look over them. If they prove to be unsavable, then I'll end them.>

<I want you to stand in front of me. I'm going to give you my blood.>

<What? I thought no one could..>

<I told Will and everyone that as a joke at first but never could I have imagined it would prove useful. He's been studying my blood since I killed and force my fangs onto the previous elders.>

<I'm so confused>

<Only those related to me can survive my blood.>

<And?>

<You don't know this but your mom was a distant relative of mine.>

<Ummm, How do you know that?>

<I only found out at the end but I think she always knew. When Some one from my family dies, we feel a lost connection only after the other has passed. Didn't you feel it when she died?>

David broke a part of the chains that were restraining his left arm with sheer strength alone. He dug his finger nails into his palm, causing blood to drip onto the floor.

<With my blood, you shall know everything that I do. Perhaps this knowledge can help with your choices. You will also have my curse, learn it, and make it a blessing.>

Eventually the guards came and rushed towards David once they saw that he was almost free but Selena was nowhere to be seen. She later arrived with everyone else to see David. He was put into the coffin and fused with the walls. Symbols glowed around the area he was at and became engraved just like the coffin itself. Lisa was hugging Selena as they both didn't dare to look away.

"Selena, did you hear me?"

"What? Sorry."

"I said we believe not all those who escaped had powers. Only a few of them did and were blended among every other person that lived in that one section of the prison."

"And the percentage? "

"The assessment is roughly 10%"

"Alright, I'll deal with them."

---------------------------------------------

While in his room, Jorge was constantly moving in his sleep but it wasn't a nightmare. In his dreams, he was kid and standing in front was another who looked just like him with hair as white as snow and green eyes.

Who are you? Are you me? I don't know why but I know you aren't.. I think I've dreamed of you before but you didn't look like this.

The person mimicked Jorge but once they made contact with their hands, everything turned white and Jorge was alone. The next thing he saw was a woman standing next to him but her face was blurred and one word came to mind. Mom?

Jorge, Its time for bed.

Another person came and replaced the woman he saw, a girl with colorful eyes. He knew her his whole life, the warden.

Why do you always appear when I say that word? Your not...

The girl just stared back and smiled at him with while he just had a sullen look. He woke up and noticed that tears were running down his face, touching his cheeks and felt annoyed that his dreams never made sense.. Never.

"I don't get it, what are you all trying to tell me?"

1