SS 1: Cannibalisms
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Allister and Kat (Kathrine)

A few days after their faithful encounter, Allister and Kat were making their way north in order to avoid the desert. He figured they could find a map at a nearby town and eventually make enough money to buy a car.

"Look Kat, I'm just heading north. Chances are, we'll run into a community if we go where places are still green."

"There are still living communities.?"

"You ask a lot of questions kid."

"I can't help it, I'm finally outside!"

Allister chuckled.

"Fair enough. I'll answer 5 big questions in order to quench your curiosity. Just as long as it's not about me."

"What? but you're like the biggest mystery ever."

"Sorry Kat, maybe one day. If you live long enough."

"Alright! Alright! lets see... Oh! What are the largest communities around?"

"Well they aren't labeled as communities. If I had a map, I could show you what communities look like. Anyways, the large ones are labeled as kingdoms while others are just cities from an earlier time that still hold their previous names."

Kat's eyes sparkled with curiosity as she told him to go on.

"You have The Magic Kingdom which is South from us. The Last Frontier just east of us and from there, they spread out to other larger cities that I would prefer to avoid."

"Where are these larger cities? What are they called?"

"There's Portland, Seattle, Austin, and Atlanta. I Think they're rebuilding Denver which is the closest one to us but we should be fine when it comes to avoiding them."

"Wow!"

"Alright where were we? Oh yea, you have the Lost City up north. No one who's traveled that far north has ever made it. Over seas... You got the Animal Kingdom. There's a Pirate Queen ruling a floating city and pass that.. I don't really know. I know other kingdoms exist but they shut them selves out and no ones has the capability to communicate that far."

"My head hurts."

"Want to keep going?"

"Duh!"

"Wait, some dead are walking just ahead of us, can you handle them?"

"We've only been together for a bit and you're already bossing me around?"

"I asked didn't I?"

Kat's hair covered her body, revealing a large brown wolf.

"I just realized this but your brother was larger than you. Larger than most wolves actually. Are you guys...?"

"Yes, we're Dire wolves."

"Wow, I expected you to be bigger."

"I'm only 11 but we are wolves first. So I'll age faster than humans until I reach 16 which is adult hood for us."

She took off and took care of the dead. Once Allister caught up, she was back in her human form, standing over their bodies.

"Kat?"

"They weren't even dead for that long. Those moving corpses looked brand new."

"Some people just don't have what it takes. Based on their clothes, they were probably traveling to the new city.."

Allister squinted his eyes and noticed no bite marks, just missing limbs that looked man made,

"I'm ready for my second question. There are large communities and people living in them. How are they still dying? Are they ignorant of the outside world?"

"Behind the walls of each kingdom, people have lived in peace for more than a century. They know something is out there and I'm sure they've been educated on its history... The difference comes from experience."

"Experience?"

"Just because they learned about the dead, doesn't mean they know what it's like to fight them. Some people don't even know at all. They fight among themselves with out realizing that ones internal conflict can tear down their very home."

"I see."

"Come on, we should get moving."

As he spoke, the sound of a carriage was making its way. A man in his 40's yelled out to them.

"Hey there! You guys alright?"

Allister waved back while Kat put her guard up.

"Yea we're fine. Kat.."

"Don't worry, we don't blame her. The dead have been wandering these parts. We just wanted to make sure you guys are alright. Oh yes! My name is Eddie, this is my wife Jen, and the 2 brats in the back? Justin and Milly."

"Hi there. Kids, introduce yourselves."

"Hiya!" "Sup"

"Milly? I adopted an apprentice with the same name but she's nothing like you. Adorable I mean."

Allister patted her head.

"Do you guys want a lift? We're heading to the new city but plan on making a pitstop at a nearby community. The rest of our people are heading there."

"Is that place safe?"

"Based off this map.. yea it should be."

"Great we'll join you, I can offer protection and some magic tags if you'd like. These flame tags are pretty rare!."

"Really can you use them for offensive purposes?"

"Ah well, they're good for cooking.."

Allister jumped in and Kat followed after. Behind the carriage, the kids were telling scary stories about the dead. Theories on how it began.

"Wait I have an idea. Allister I'm ready for question 3."

"Go for it."

"The dead, What are they? what is your theory on it."

"My theory... Well, most people call them the dead or moving Corpses."

"What do you call them?"

"I call them by different names. I have no preference but in the Magic community.. They're called Soulless."

"Soulless?"

That's right, rumor has it that some one made a contract with a demon. One who rules over death its self. In order to fill it's hunger, it would eat souls. Leaving the corpse to wander forever and feast on others."

The kids were silent.

"Does he want to take over humanity? The world?"

"In a sense? Yea, but it wouldn't benefit him to kill all humans. If he did, it would mean no more food."

The father spoke up

"I've heard that story. Our old neighbors were magician and witches. They said the dead were called Soulless. In fact it was proven by how they kill. They don't necessarily rip you apart. Just bite. I heard the story comes from the Three brothers." (Eddie)

"Three brothers?" (Kat)

"Yes, they made contracts with demons and were all cursed." (Eddie)

"Is that true Allister?" (Kat)

Allister's focus was else where but he returned to his senses and smiled.

"Yes, Its very possible. Although it requires black magic and those books have been lost for centuries now. (Allister)

Kat tightened her fist.

"Only fools would make a deal with a demon. If these brothers or people do exist. I'll kill them!" (Kat)

"Yea" (Allister)

"Honey! Kids, its only a rumor." (Wife Jen)

"Ha ha ha! Sorry babe, I only heard it after we got drunk together. It sounded so interesting. But I hear some do eat people. Rumors have been spreading of corpses that can actually talk. They eat people." (Eddie)

After a while everyone other than the father were sleeping. Allister opened his eyes and bolted up.

"Stop here!" (Allister)

"What?" (Eddie)

"Do it." (Allister)

The carriage came to a stop, waking up Kat. Something lingered that caused her hairs to stand.

"Allister, I smell blood." (Kat)

"Yea, me too." (Allister)

"What's going on?" (Eddie)

"There might be something suspicious happening up ahead. You guys stay here. I'm going to check it out." (Allister)

"Me too." (Kat)

"Kat.." (Allister)

"I'm going," (Kat)

"Alight fine but don't do anything unless I give a signal." (Allister)

They made their way towards the town which had walls made out of lumber. Once they got to the entrance, its doors swung open and an old man came out.

"Good evening, what's your reason for being here? We can't have anyone with bad intentions."

With the raise of one hand, his people came out from the other side of the wall pointing their guns at them. Allister stuck his hands out.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to freak you guys out. We're hear to meet with the rest of our group."

"Your group? I heard you had a wife and a son."

"We lost them on the way here. The dead outnumbered us, we lost our carriage. My daughter is all I have now.

Kat was so impressed by his acting. The teers going down his face was so convincing, it made her sad.

"We're sorry to hear that. You're pretty young to be a father but love is love I guess."

Within the community, Allister looked around and noticed that no one was really out and about. He couldn't find the other people or their stuff but the stench of blood came from the main house. He could feel Kat's blood lust, he told her not to do anything until they made their way to the others. No matter what happens, whether they go as prisoners or fight their way in.

"So I don't see our people anywhere."

The moment he questioned them, a bullet from one of the residences fired their gun, hitting Allister in the back of the head.

"Allister.."

His body wasn't moving.

"We don't kill kids. Luckily for you, we still have space in our home. Especially when the person is of the opposite sex but don't be a hero. Take her to the other kids."

Kat walked obediently to a nearby house. Down in the basement, 5 other kids were huddled up together. Once the door opened, Kat came falling down to the ground.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yea, it doesn't hurt. What is this? How long have you guys been here?"

"A little over a day. They took our parents while we were sleeping. Some got shot for resisting. What about you? How did you get here?"

"They killed my friend on the spot. I was traveling with Milly, Justin, and their folks."

"What they're here? That means we'll be saved!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Those guys are here to provide us protection! They're apart of the Longer Barrel group."

"Long Barrel?"

"Gunslingers."

I don't get it but they sound pretty strong. Allister told them to stay back. That idiot.

"If we give them a signal, maybe they'll come."

"Fair enough, but lets wait for my friend and then we'll break out."

"What's your name? How are you not scared?"

"My name's Kat and because, I don't plan on dying today."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allister slowly opened his eyes and found him self in a basement; body laid on a table.

"Dam, they shot me for no reason and now I have a migraine."

He looked to his right to see limbs hanging from the ceiling. One was being grilled while an individual seasoned another.

Are those my legs... And my arms?

"Cannibalism? Really?"

"Holy shit! You're alive? How?"

"Luck I guess."

"Oh my god."

Infront of the mans very eyes, Allister's feature changed as his body changed. He got younger while his arms and legs slowly started to grow back.

"Sir!"

Calling the boss, everyone looked at Allister as if they just met a god.

"We got lucky on this one sir. With him, we can never starve." (??)

"Yes, you're right. Thankfully we started with him first." (?)

"If you guys don't mind.. I'm flattered by the way but why eat people? I mean you can just go and eat real food from other communities and cities?" (Allister)

"No need. Since the fall of humanity, our people have always ate each other. My father and his fathers before him. Its our way of life." (?)

"Right.. Look I have rule. For every life you take from me, I'll end up taking yours in return." (Allister)

"Keep cutting him up. Tonight, we'll all feast on the boy. Maybe we to can ascend to such a being." (?)

"Yes sir." (??)

The butcher got his saw and rammed it in Allister. Screams were heard while everyone else left.

An hour later. Allister became conscious again and was now younger then before.

Allister, you really have terrible luck.

"Shut up."

"What?"

I'm sorry, its just so funny.

"It's not really that funny. Ok, it's a little funny."

"Who are you talking to?"

Allister just stared at the ceiling.

Want me to take over?

"No I'm good. Just let me handle it.. but I do need help regenerating faster."

Sounds good. As long as I get some blood.

Alister looked at the man. his body was pushed to the wall by an invisible force. Sitting up right, he smiled and plunged his hands through the man's torso.

"I keep my promises. Time to go wild. Where's my stuff?"

In the dining room everyone was gathering. celebrating over their achievements of fresh food.

"Some one go get the kids, tonight we'll feast!

Everyone cheered but their happy evening came to an end when explosions down stairs caused the house to rumble and made its way to the first floor. The very house was destroyed.

-------------------------------

The kids were freaking out from the sound. People outside were screaming that the main house exploded.

"What's happening?"

"That's the signal. Everyone, get ready! don't come out until I say so and please don't freak out as well."

Kat placed both hands on the door and pushed it open with brute strength. She then got on all four and transformed, all the kids were shocked. The guards screamed wolf but got taken out before they could fire.

"Alright guys, lets move. Make your way to the exit, I'll find your parents."

Kat attacked all the nearby people so they wouldn't get in the way. On the other side of the community, Allister jumped out with their leader in his hands. Pulled out Kukri like weapons from his thighs as guns were raised.

"When you live as long as I do and you still know you're going to live even longer. You hate making decisions like killing people. I hate playing god but I'll do him the favor of wiping you guys off the planet."

With one eye as dark as night, he vanished and used his weapons to cut everyone's hand. After they screamed in pain, bullets came down on them. Leaving no survivors.

"Hell yea, we are in the house!"

The family they traveled with busted in from the front gate, spraying down the enemy with guns.

"Pops. I thought you guys weren't normal people."

"You as well Allister. The moment I heard your name, I remembered you instantly."

"You could have captured me."

"Well I'll just keep it as our little secret. You helped save my people, so there's no reason to report you to the Short Fuse brothers."

"Thanks. That means a lot."

"But I'll say this. You can't escape love."

"Dad, check this out. 3 headshots and still counting."

"That's my boy!"

The fight finished and everyone was rescued. None of the captives were killed thanks to Allister showing up since they focused their dinner on him but there was no way anyone would know about that.

"We'll take them to the new city. We'll also tell the nearby information center to update their maps. Until then, you can have ours."

"Thanks, I was looking for one."

The wife offered to give them a ride but they said they would take the vehicle the others already had. Later on, the car ran out of gas.

"You should have taken their offer."

"You know what? I don't want to hear it."

"I'm ready for my final questions, What are you and how are you able to come back to life?"

"You know I said no personal questions."

"..."

"I regenerate when I die, at the cost of my years. That's why I'm young. The demon contract they talked about? I'm a product of it."

"Really?"

"Yea but she's a good demon, sleeps all the time."

"Those things I've said..."

"Yea well, I didn't really have a choice but I guess that's not entirely wrong. I probably would have made the contract eventually.."

"So how old are you? what have you been doing all this time?"

"That's enough questions about me."

"Oh, come on!"

"Sorry?"

"100? 200? Do you have kids?" 

"Not by blood." 

"What does that mean?" 

"Are you going to be like this the whole way?" 

"yes!" 

Their voices faded as their figures got farther away. 

0