Chapter 9: The meeting, the criminal, and the threat.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

100 years ago, in the city known as the Last Frontier, 2 people were having a dinner date at the top floor of the best restaurant around. The city was starting to look more lively and modern. All its current and newer citizens helped to complete its modernization.

"Allister... Allister. Allister!"

"What? What's up May?"

"You were spacing out. What's wrong?"

"It's just crazy how this city was once desolated and almost abandoned. Then you came along just in time and helped bring it back to it's feet."

"It was nothing, once I heard about the Soulless, I had to act."

"It means a lot to the people here. You saved them! All while knowing you would have to give up your royal status when you left the Lost City."

"Explain that to my father.. Closing them selves out to the world. If Abby hadn't come with.."

"You're braver than you think."

"Sure, now everyone expects me to be queen?"

"You have what it takes, it's in your blood after all. Don't move, you have some sauce on your face"

Allister laughed as he helped wipe some food off of Mabel. She puffed her cheeks to show displeasure.

"I don't want to be queen though.."

"I know."

She went off on a rant while Allister smiled, listening. This was normal for them.

"I mean, I'm immortal for crying out loud! They expect me to rule for what? A thousand years?"

"Well.."

"I can't. Once everyone is back on their feet, I'll pass it on to some one more suitable."

"Knowing you.. You'll continue to help when the city needs it."

"You know.. We're engaged. This place could use a king."

"Me? No thanks. I'm happy just being with you. I don't need extra stuff like that."

She laughed, knowing he would say no.

"Allister.. Will you still love me in a hundred years?"

----------------------------------------

"Allister!" (Kat)

"What?" (Allister)

"You were asleep. We passed the final check point, The city is our next stop." (Kat)

"I see." (Allister)

"Did you have a nice dream?" (Kat)

"I guess you can say that. A good life, during a good time.." (Allister)

The vehicle came to an abrupt stop. The commander who took them in, instructed his subordinates to take Kat out.

"What are you doing to me?" (Kat)

"Releasing you. Its safe passed this check point. You're young and I can tell you guys haven't been traveling for very long so it's best if you forget him. Your life will only go down hill." (Commander)

"I can decide that for myself." (Kat)

"Kat, it's fine." (Allister)

"Don't bother trying to stop us. We don't wish to kill you." (Commander)

They set off, leaving Kat by her self.

"Really? You assholes!"

I guess I'll just walk for now.. If I run after them, they might shoot.. This is so frustrating! I don't even know where to begin when it comes to entering this city..

She complained about Allister this, Allister that even though one was around to hear. After a while, she finally calmed down and remembered why she was so angry. The news about her people.

He told me she was lying but her eyes, face, and smile.. That lady looked so convincing.

Kat turned and found a car making its way to her. As it stopped because of a little girl blocking its way, She couldn't believe who was driving.

"Good afternoon wolf girl. I mean Kathrine."

"Night walker.."

"We're not night walkers. Only one noble family was ever weak to the sun. Why am I explaining this to you? Get in!"

While they drove, Kat figured they would save Allister, tail them at least but that wasn't the case. They took a sudden turn, heading east.

"What's going on?"

"We're not going for Allister. We'll meet him in the city."

"The Last Frontier? Will they let us enter?"

"Usually there's a process that takes days, even weeks."

"But?"

"My aunt is the queen. We just have to get there before they close the city."

"Close the city?"

"Yea, there's going to be a meeting with other leaders in about two days. Security will be high."

The ride there was silent and awkward. Two natural enemies, sitting in a car but times were different now. To Kat, the war between wolves and vampires were tales about an ancient time. The only reason she knew so much about it was because her father was Chief. It was a story told to kids about how their ancestors fought to live and protect humans from the night. In Liz's case, it felt like yesterday that her dad told her the war between the two.

"If you're hungry, I have food behind your seat."

"I'm starving.."

The atmosphere stayed the same. Kat was worried questions would only annoy her like Allister.

"Go ahead, I know you're curious. You get three questions."

"The witch we ran into.."

"Your people were attacked but they got away. You'll meet them again. Unfortunately your brother isn't heading in the same direction, which is south."

Kat exhaled,

He's probably going to try and get revenge, he was stubborn like that. Be safe big brother.

"Why is Allister a wanted man? I know he's like super old but..?"

"Yes. Over time, people forget. There are still families that remember but that's a whole other threat. Uncle's biggest crime for anyone who knows or respects the queen a.k.a my aunt, would know about the man that left her hanging on her wedding day... Then there was the accident roughly 14, maybe 15 years ago with the robbery of three babies."

"Babies?"

"It's complicated and also irrelevant whether you know or not."

"You guys are so alike. So, we get in the city... If we have to fight anyone?"

"We are fighting no one."

"If?"

"Inside these kingdoms, things are more civilized than you think. Fighting someone out of the blue won't happen unless we go looking for it. Which we won't"

Awkward silence again until Kat asked a similar question.

"Well, who are the strongest people in this kingdom in case we do fight them? Other vampires? Witches?"

"There are a ton"

"Anyone we should avoid?"

"When it comes to vampires? Raymond and his wife should be gone right now. My aunt is a noble vampire and is as strong as my mom... We would be stupid to even try and fight her. Abigail? please, you might as well kill yourself. When it comes to humans? There's an inner circle."

"Inner circle?"

"They're known as the Synergy 4. My aunt Abigail, The short fuse brothers and their Gang, The Akashita Clan, and Los Sueños Mob."

"Mages?"

"One is a scythe wielding maid and her half/lesser vampires. The Short fuse brothers are a family going back to a time when humans were enslaved on this land.. Now they're the biggest and best gun wielders in the world. The Akashita Clan migrated from over seas and are skilled in weapons as well as welding. Los Sueños? They're book keepers and are also pro's when it comes to assignation. Each group was evil in their own right but the queen brought them all together. Now they've all become stronger by helping each other. Oh! and the families that I mentioned about never forgetting? Yea! There you go..."

------------------------------------------------

All the vehicles were parked, forming a circle. At the center was everyone, taking a short lunch break. One officer made his way to Allister's cart.

"After all this time, we finally caught you. I heard dangerous things but looking at you chained up.. It's pathetic." (?)

"Who in your family did I kill?" (Allister)

"Excuse me?" (?)

"When some one has the balls to confront me, it's either because they don't know me, they're strong, or I killed a family member. You're clearly the latter." (Allister)

"My father worked as a guard in that facility.. You sliced him up and now I'll do the same to you!" (?)

"I wish I remembered. Did he look like you? I wonder..." (Allister)

The sound of gunfire was heard, causing the others to rush to the scene.

"What is going on here?" (Commander)

The commander came in, only to find Allister sitting, one black eye exposed and his soldier, dead.

Allister, What did you do?

"What did you do?!" (Commander)

"Absolutely nothing." (Allister)

"Restrain him some more! Make sure he can't move!" (Commander)

Everyone grabbed spears that were piled up in a bag. Most of the men stabbed him enough times to force Allister down to the ground, they chained him up even more. Some of the men who inflicted pain started to bleed out from their eyes. Backing away, they figured leaving him be was probably the best move now.

What's happening?

"It's.. Roxanne. She put a curse on the followers left behind."

What? She has connections this far out?

Allister coughed up blood in order to clear his throat.

"No, I made sure of that.. I didn't kill the kids though. The curse is in their blood so it was passed down. That's right, you weren't awake when I was captured. She doesn't like it when they harm me."

That's brutal, I thought you were using our power.

"This collar won't let me."

These collars can stop even us?

"Of course, I helped build it or should I say.. I gave them the ideas for it."

While I was asleep?

"I figured if it could stop us, it could stop anyone. I was willing to take that risk to help make the kingdoms safer. All I needed to worry about was not getting caught."

Look how that turned out. All my knowledge, wasted on you.

Commander yelled at everyone to get ready once they buried their fellow comrades.

"Next stop, the Last Frontier!"

"Sir, this guy is a freak! we need to bury him deep under ground!"

"If only, but this is for the queen."

-------------------------------------

"This is so annoying! Why do I have to greet William? and the Magic queen?"

"Because you're. Our. Queen."

Mabel was face down on the desk, complaining to her second in command and best friend, Abigail Aster. She wasn't a maid but found it fun to wear. Her demeanor made her look cool, calm, and unbreakable.

"Wow Abby."

"My lady, one must stand proudly, welcome them with open arms but do not let your guard down. Show them you're our queen."

"Really Abby?"

"Everyone, please leave."

The other Maids and guards in the room walked out. Once they left, Abigail's cool face changed to a nervous one.

"May! Not in front of the new guys!"

"Everyone knows."

"You're lying!"

"Can't you go greet them? My second in command?"

"No."

"Can you at least go with me?"

"Of course."

The knock of someone out side interrupted their conversation. Once the maid came in, she mentioned how a party outside arrived with a present. Mabel and Abigail made their way to the front gate.

"What is so important that required the queen herself, commander?"

He open the cell to his vehicle, revealing Allister. His very body was damage but there was not mistaking that face

"A.. Alli.. Allister?"

Noticing the chains and spears, she tried to walk up to him but was stopped by Abigail. He wouldn't answer her calls.

"Don't let your emotions get in the way. Don't waste it on him."

"Are you going to say anything to me?"

Allister didn't move, didn't speak. His eyes stayed glued to the ground while his figure blended with the shadows inside the cart.

"Everyone hates you for what you did to me but that's not the reason you're here. 15 years ago, you broke into our lab. You slaughtered everyone and three of our test subjects were stolen."

He didn't move.

"My men are telling me that you also killed the residents at the town where they found you? Throats were slit."

No one could see but Allister closed his eyes, thinking to himself.

Elizabeth only killed the guys who resisted.. We never did see the other residents who lived there..

The wives, the kids..

Dammit.

"No matter. Take him to the palace, we'll imprison him there."

"Yes, your majesty."

Later that day, Allister was still outside while the guards carried the bodies of their comrades. They were so angry that once the news spread, others came. It wasn't until a girl stopped them.

"Well I can see he learned his lesson. Now get going."

"Yes lady Clarissa."

She walked up to him.

"Hey, you ok?"

"Do I look ok?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mean while, at the magic kingdom, Sophia was having her own problems. She was getting ready to leave but had to attend another council meeting.

"Do you understand what it means to open our country to the world? Let alone 2 kingdoms run by vampires?" (??)

"Yes. They sent a messenger our way and I agreed. I thought we were all on board?" (Sophia)

Sophia stood in the center of a room as men and woman sat all around her. They were known as the Elders of the Magico Kingdom. Grand Mages Who have lived long lives, experts in their field, people who earned the title of masters. Although Sophia Vega was the Magic queen, she still had to rule with a council.

The reason for this? Balance of power. The Magico queen or king isn't decided by family lineage. They are chosen at random points in time, a phenomena that no one is able to control. Since each new leader isn't decided by mortals, they put a spell on the person when they're young in order to control their powers. If a queen/king was ever to become evil, they would be able to handle it.

"How could we not, they rebuilt technology from the old days.. Which can help expand our territory." (??)

"The Soulless have been moving with a purpose it seems. We must get stronger." (???)

"If the rumors from the demon Allister and the previous Light blue guardian is correct, the white bone demon has awaken from his slumber." (?)

"I know." (Sophia)

They continued to throw their own remarks and comments from different directions

"If you know, then you must understand that all Guardians need to return here but instead, your lack of leadership and control caused for Guardians to be out with no understanding of what they are." (????)

"I have been been using the orb Allister gave me to track them. You've read my reports. Once the kingdoms are officially open.. I'll send Milly to find them." (Allister)

"No, it's to dangerous for anymore guardians to leave, especially one who is able to use 2 colors. You've already lost Red. Ice Blue and Yellow are being wielded by people who only protect them selves and green is trapped within a forest. Allister will be the one to find them." (?)

"No to mention you gifted the eyes to a vampire. Not only is she a Chronicler, but also a Vasquez." (??)

"Those powers are beyond me, just like how I was chosen." (Sophia)

"We won't loosen the restrictions when it comes to your powers." (?????)

"Indeed, we are allowing them to connect to us but our country won't be used." (???)

So annoying.

"Yes sirs and mams but I ask to at least allow Milly to accompany me to the Last Frontier then." (Sophia)

"Good Idea. Meeting is adjourned." (??)

Sophia walked out of the room sighing. Outside stood Milly waiting for her. She no longer was the kid from before but rather a 15 year old teen with her hair tied in a pony tail.

"You ok my lady?"

"Milly, where have you been? You've grown!"

"Yes, I figured if I was going to escort you. I should regain my Magic and poof, I was back to my original age!"

"Poof."

"How did it go?"

"More complaining from the geezers. They really hate Allister and his family but since they can't kill him, they order him instead. I mean the last queen was his aunt and they don't care."

"They want to use them huh?"

"I'm positive they're planning something, that's why I need Liz."

"I'm sure she knows the situation already."

"You're right. Lets go, we must pack."

----------------------------------------

Inside the royal palace, one room was restructured in order to house a very large door. It wasn't the entrance but a portal used to bring people in and out from outside the city. It was finally completed, now Mabel and Abigail stared at it in amazement. Another women came whistling once she saw how big it was.

"Wow, it reaches up the ceiling! So this helps with teleportation? I wish we had it before I traveled to the Magic Kingdom and back."

"Sorry Margo, they only just connected with us after you left. That's what we've been working on this whole time, the Lost City as well. This entrance will connect with their royal palace and their forest. Clarissa helped prove that."

"That daughter of mine didn't even say bye.. Anyways. Do you need me here for anything? My Queen?"

"No, but you should get ready. You'll be leaving with the Magic queen once this is all over. Negotiation talks of course."

"Yes mam. I just got reports from a unit. They said the Soulless are moving, shouldn't be anything crazy but just in case.."

"Report if anything escalates. I'll deal with the leaders. Abby, you alert the citizens to be ready in case of an emergency call. They don't have to leave but it's just for their S.A."

----------------------------

Fast forwarding 2 days, the night was young. Underneath the palace Allister was sleeping. The sound of a guard dropping off his lunch came by but that wasn't what woke him.

Allister..

"I know. They're here."

-------------------------------------------

"My deepest apologies! This is his first day. He doesn't know much about Queen Mabel's family. Please, come in." (Guard)

"Thank you~" (Liz)

"wow that was easy!" (Kat)

Kat was nervous when she saw the wall surrounding the Last Frontier but once they realized who Liz was, they panicked. Liz laughed about it which angered Kat until she saw the city from afar. It was dark but the lights made it visible, she couldn't believe it.

"I never could have imagined a city like this.. its beautiful and big.. How many people live here?" (Kat)

"A million, maybe more. Welcome to the Last Frontier but one day this will all feel pretty normal to you, so don't take it for granted." (Liz)

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome, William. Your highness Sophia." (Mabel)

"Mabel." (William)

He, looked towards the mother of his child. They weren't married but she figured it was best that they kept the blood line going since not many nobles are still alive.

"Sorry Abigail, Adrian didn't want to come." (William)

"Why bring him? So he can terrorize our city? No thanks. I rather have Selena.." (Abigail)

"He's not all bad." (William)

"Yea well he won't be taking my families name." (Abigail)

"And who will? Raymond?" (William)

"Or Selena, if she doesn't want nothing to do with you. Even Clarissa would be a perfect candidate." (Abigail)

"Ha! Those half vampires? ridiculous." (William)

"Well that's why you should have let me raise him but no, you're just like the elders. Sticking to rules of a forgotten past, no wonder David did what he did and why Adrian grew up with a rotten heart."

"Ouch." (Sophia)

"Haha, Abby. That's enough, we have other guest." (Mabel)

Mabel laughed sarcastically but expected this much from them. Sophia stared thinking they were a bunch of weirdo's.

"Thanks for having us. This is my guard.. umm.. Anna." (Sophia)

They were stuck in a room, 2 humans and a bunch of vampires.

-------------------------------------------

"This is check point 1, we are under attack! I repeat, we are under attack!"

"Any word?"

"No sir, it's like all communications are shut off."

"Keep trying!"

Out side of the outpost, the sound of explosions and gun fire could be heard. Guards were dying left and right, they couldn't understand how slow moving corpses could all of a sudden begin to sprint and explode. The other things they found abnormal was...

"They aren't just blowing up, there are walking skeletons as well, their arms are shaped like swords and there's large animal like creatures. Our bullets aren't doing anything to them!"

"They still have a brain right? Keep firing!"

Far away from where the soulless were coming from, 2 people stood side by side. Hair as white as snow and eyes that glowed green.

"Not bad Ruby. You can change their very structure. Can you make a dragon?" (Daniel)

"That's over kill. And you Daniel? Explosions? After sleeping for so long, I couldn't wait to try out these powers. Still I can only change 1 at a time right now." (Ruby)

"We'll get better at it. Right? Ericka?" (Daniel)

A woman came walking from behind, at first glance, she looked much older.

"Unlike you guys, I'm not a normal human. These gifts were given to you guys because of your magical lineage. Don't forget that." (Ericka)

"We were born way before you.. so aren't we like older than you? Treat us with more respect." (Ruby)

She ignored Ruby's last comment.

"This fight is taking to long. I'm going in."

Ericka walked up to two soulless corpses and tapped their backs. The skins on their body melted off as their bones began to change into long sword. Dashing through the center of all of them, she sliced a nearby vehicle in half, destroying it and the personal with the explosion that followed.

"Wow her power is just like yours."

"Shut up Daniel, no its not! I don't turn them into weapon. I help them evolve!"

"I guess.."

While they were talking, everyone else on the battlefield were frozen in place.

"What just happened?"

"Unit 4 was destroyed!"

"There something in the fire!"

"We are hear to thank you for reviving humanity. Now your debt must be paid for the peace that was given to you." (Ericka)

Everyone near her ceased their firing and change directions. She knew it wouldn't matter since no one was going to get out alive.

"Everyone fire!"

"All of this. Pointless." (Ericka)

No one but the attackers survived that night.

0