Chapter 17; First Rule Of Cursed Grimoire
190 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carefully stepping out the woods, this canine beast growls, followed by the herd at its back. Accompanied by the hissing noise from its tail, the canine beast leader charges first.  

"A lone wolf? A lone wolf with a snake tail!? Shit! Those tracks from earlier—this is their territory!"

Lumoireux laughed not out of amusement but rather playfully. "If you can't even kill them. You fail me, as my Master."

The rest of the smaller canine beasts surrounded Gevanni and its leader. 

I don't have time to think about what kind of actions as the Grand Grimoire's Master I should take.

The canine beast leader notice Gevanni tried to dodge. It knew its attack would be missed and took a step back. 

What should I do? It looks like it can move faster than me… Gramps, I'll put our training together for real!

Gevanni shouted with all of his might and threw the stones violently to the canine beast leader. Nothing happened, but the rest of the herd shook their tails wearily. 

"Shit! This is not the real world!"

Gevanni placed his tail in front of him, ready to deflect any attacks anytime, and maintaining his eye contact with it. He jogged and put a safe distance between him and the canine beast leader. 

The canine beast leader is almost the same size as Gevanni. It glanced at Gevanni's sudden shift of his ankles.  

The canine beast leader dashed while keeping its distance from Gevanni's tail. It stomped its paw to the ground, releasing a small shockwave. 

Gevanni tripped. As soon as he fell unto the ground, his tail clashed with the canine beast leader's paw. 

The canine beast leader opened its mouth, revealing its vicious rows of teeth. It swiftly aimed at Gevanni's torso. 

Gevanni used both of his hands to grasp the canine beast leader's neck. He struggled to position himself on top of it. 

Gevanni managed to pin it momentarily. The canine beast leader rolled itself. Gevanni's grip loosened.

It was Gevanni's plan all along. This place is where he mostly threw all of his rocks. 

Gevanni stuffed the canine beast leader on its mouth with the stones, suffocating it. The canine beast leader took a few steps away from him. 

Gevanni took the biggest rock he can carry. He approached the weakened canine beast leader.

It was a trap.

The tail of the canine beast leader is like a snake. With its fangs, opened jaw, it assaulted Gevanni at high speeds. 

Gevanni let go of the rock. He leaned back. 

The attack was a failure. It is out of reach. 

Gevanni used his tail to bash the head of the canine beast leader. 

The Snake tail of the canine beast leader drivels as its body deteriorated. 

"It's to be killed or to kill in this situation." 

The fight was unexpectedly easy. Gevanni is unscathed, and his clothes are still in perfect condition. 

"Hey, Lu! Don't tell me—that wolf is after you?" Gevanni assumed as he opened his grimoire. It still has blank pages. 

"Ah~ One thing, my Master. I would transform into this form anytime, whether you like it or not." Lumoireux warped into its original form. 

"Everyone's always putting me at the edge. This must be False God's fault!" 

"Let's make a deal, Gevanni. I'll give you the power to kill anyone, even Gods." Lumoireux boldly negotiated. Gevanni couldn't utter any word. 

Kill even the Gods? Are they within our reach? Gevanni wondered. 

"In exchange for your being, the you right now and the other you's from parallel worlds—both the future and the past." 

Gevanni went into a deep, focused mental state. He analyzed his previous conversations with Lumoireux. Instead of hesitating and doubting Lumoireux, he used an open-minded approach. He finally put all the pieces together.

"Don't you risk yourself If I had that?"

Lumoireux talks in a distorted voice, “Refrain from comparing me to senseless false idols." Its red eyes glistened, followed by a short soft chuckle.

Is this what it feels like in the presence of a genuine God? No, a real Demon. Why do I feel like I've done this before coming to this world? My head hurts. 

"What's the condition of that ability?" Gevanni hesitated to ask. 

"Identifying the magic property from the desired object allows you to take it for yourself—in which it helps me a lot to form magic."

"Why are you censoring your words?"

"If you die, I'll die too. If I die, Izuna will die as well." 

"That’s the most bullshit thing I’ve heard in my life. Linked souls or whatever to greatly enhance each other and die together... I didn't recall having a pact with you." 

"Remember the line you said earlier with Izuna at the summoning tower." Lumoireux pointed its finger close to Gevanni's heart. 

"Hey, won't it be amusing if I gave you a grimoire already?" Izuna pleasingly asked.

"Well, I don't mind. Since everyone is accusing me of a demon, I think I'll act one."

"I want you to decide properly," Lumoireux said as it playfully swirls its finger around Gevanni's heart. 

A slight breeze formed around them and leaves from the nearby trees fell and withered. 

"I'll become a demon when necessary."

Lumoireux put down its finger. Gevanni's answer was unexpected. Whatever is going on in its mind, it feels satisfaction and annoyance at the same time. But with its mask, Gevanni couldn't see what Lumoireux felt. 

"What will you do to me and the other me's?" 

Lumoireux didn't answer, and it continued to gaze intently at Gevanni. It warps half of its body into its grimoire form. 

Condensed energy was formed, a small portal from another dimension was opened. Lumoireux took an ancient pen from there and closed the pocket dimension. 

"I'm writing the first rule on this book, with the consent of my Master and as the Representative of the Seventh seat, obey my heed, and inscribe my words."

Violent energies orbited Lumoireux, forming complex unholy magic sigils, layering on top of each other while increasing its size. Lumoireux raised its ancient pen, transformed the unholy magic sigils into small condensed energy, and imbued the antique pen with it. 

"Use everything at my disposal to protect my Master's life for eternity, to defy all deaths, and releasing every limit in existence. Granting him my authority, Perception Breaker!"

All the energies were swallowed by the page, forming a unique sigil that reminds you of Gevanni's tail and Lumoireux's mask. 

“Unless, my Master forsaken his humanity.”

Lumoireux grasps Gevanni’s wrist and slits it. The blood fell unto the page, filling half of the page, and Lumoireux did the same to itself. The page is now dyed black and the unique sigil is glowing and turning into gold color. 

 

9