Chapter 4; Selfless
217 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened?"

Slowly gaining his consciousness, Gevanni wondered as he cleaned the dirt from his eyes. He tried to stand up, but he fell instead and lost consciousness again. Before his head fell unto the ground, he saw all of the old sages were unconscious.

Gevanni's head fell into something soft. It was Izuna's lap.

"Wake up, Gevanni. Your hairs are tickling me."

Izuna reverted into her childlike form due to the penalty of the spell. She continued to gently pat Gevanni's head until he woke up.

"It's not what you think, FBI! She's le… What the heck am I even saying? This is not America."

"Thank goodness I still remain my mentality. This really sucks you know. Before we even came here, we're already famous."

"Yes, yes. Whatever you say. Chuuni…"

Even if Gevanni was weakened as well, he tried to stand up again, but he failed miserably only to land in front of Izuna's chest—sliding down to her lap easily.

She doesn't have her breasts anymore?

"Ehhh!?" Both Gevanni and Izuna shouted.

"Well, It's obvious from my skill. Force attribute transfer." Izuna tried to act like her mature self, but she couldn't help but turn her face into reddish. Perhaps, she might be a child pretending to be her adult self.

"So, are we both half-demon and half-human?" Gevanni asked.

Izuna helped Gevanni to stand up, and as soon as Gevanni can stand on his own—she handed a black book to him. "Since I'm turned into like this. I can't use this anymore. Won't it be interesting if you can use this already?"

"A grimoire?"

The moment Gevanni held the book, the orb at its center furiously glowed. The book absorbed all excess magic that Gevanni has, and it calmed down.

Quite the show at the first moments of being transported, huh?

 

The Kingdom troops arrived into the summoning tower, only to find out lots of debris and the aftermath of chaos—the old sages were lying around as if dead mosquitoes—and saw two beings sitting comfortably and patiently at the broken pillars.

"Are you two our summoned heroes?" The first response team of Royal Guards asked from a distance. As soon as they got a clear vision of Gevanni and Izuna, "A-A Demon!?" they all murmured.

"Don't worry. I tamed him." Izuna assured as he pat Gevanni's head, and he doesn't mind it.

The guards had a confused look to them.

"As beings from another world, this is Evanslei kingdom and year 420 of Holy Vecherienne calendar. Since this is an unforeseen event, I'd like both of you to wait here and let our Majesty assess and handle this situation."

Tame? Is that a joke? Or does she know how this world works? I think it's best to follow her pace for now.

"Please oversee them." The High Royal Guard commanded.

"Yes, sir!"

The Lesser Royal Guards remained at the ruined summoning tower while some of the troops went along with the High Royal Guard. As soon as they're about to leave, Izuna interrupted them.

"One thing, we need to settle in before meeting the Majesty. Also, warm clothes as well."

The High Royal Guard nodded, but the time he saw Gevanni about to talk as well, he approached him without any fear. Unlike the way that the old sages did.

"Make sure to relay my message with clear detail to Our Majesty," Gevanni asked politely despite the High Royal Guard staring at him as if he’s a ravenous beast that needs to be hunted down.

The High royal guard stayed and listened to Gevanni. It took a good thirty-minute talk. And then the High Royal Guard hasted and raced into their horses.

I know it's a selfish request, but if no one knew my goal, this kingdom is done for. We'll join the enemy as a last resort—the Demon faction if they refused.

Who would even want to be raised as a meat shield?

It would be a shame if I defile the name 'White Snow' in this world.

The reason for the confidentiality of that talk was rather obvious—It has something to do with politics and morality issues. As expected of Gevanni, he handled the matter professionally with his overflowing confidence and using direct facts.

"An odd demon. Blue-eyed, black-haired man… Can he be that person?"

The other royal guards that were left to watch Gevanni and Izuna mumbled to each other.

"Shhh! If you shout his name, you might die"

Hours passed. A line of Royal Guards faced each other in parallel and raised their swords as if welcoming an important person. The High Royal Guard brought a special armored carriage and an envoy.

The envoy is a young woman in her early twenties, who happened to be a beautiful girl with waist-length hair, golden-brown hair tied into a braided ponytail that slowly twirls and wavy at its tips. She has her signature black and white cross brooch embedded on her collar and golden eyes. She bears a voluptuous and well-endowed figure that reflects her elegant and stoic nature.

"I am Jeanne Farnosea D'Zereshaf. I deeply admire both of you in making this place accessible and made it safe for my troops to enter despite the fact that you let the perpetrator of this incident escaped away."

Jeanne adjusted the tie of her military uniform and signaled her troops with her other hand. The first response team of Royal Guards that were left earlier quickly went into their special carriages.

"It was all thanks to me." Izuna abruptly said as she displayed a pose that shows gratitude from her origins, and it made Jeanne questioned herself—’what is going on here?'

Without spending more time, she cut into the chase. "Our Majesty received and accepted your request. We will take both of you to His Royal Palace as Our dear guests from another country." Jeanne explained.

Gevanni's eyes widened out of excitement. His outrageous and risky gamble went smoothly than he expected.

The basics of negotiation—It's natural to listen to other party's favors and abide them. Once finished, they're likely to return the debt no matter how difficult is your request to them.

The Royal Guards went into defensive formation with their horses.

Jeanne hovered an insignia into the air and faced it towards Gevanni—nothing happened. Unlike when she pointed it to Izuna, it faintly glowed. "It's decided." She glanced at her trusted Royal Guard and he nodded in agreement.

"Please follow me." The High Royal Guard commanded and escorted the newly summoned heroes, Gevanni and Izuna to the carriage and closed the door.

Hours passed. The scenery changed from dry plains to wetlands where you can see the Kingdom of Evanslei from a distance.

Why can't I remember nothing after the old geezers shouted Apocope at me? The only thing I remember next is sleeping at Izuna's lap.

"Hey, Gevanni. I covered my ears like what you've said, but what did you do during that time?" Izuna wondered.

"Just a mere sweet talk from a demon," Gevanni said with a clear smug on his face.

"Oh? I'd say you did a fine job… I-I feel dizzy… I used a lot of mana."

For a brief moment, Izuna touched her forehead and leaned on her side and closed her eyes.

It's great she didn't hear the Majesty's announcement. It was a coincidence that the messengers reported it first before Jeanne came. In a medieval setting, I'm surprised the communication and relaying messages were quick and have backups in case something bad happens.

I never expect that I evaded a hostile continent. I don't want this to affect her job later on—clearing the misunderstandings.

Gevanni looked into the windows—everything is filled with wildflowers that are unique to Evanlsei Kingdom. Those flowers had Purple-to-white gradient. Over the horizon, there are folded mountains covered in snow. The smell of the seas is apparent, and the oceans are not far off.

The carriages slowly ascended to a steep.

 

3