Chapter 5; Uncertainty
206 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Royal Palace is a humongous private residence for the Evanslei's household. It has seven watchtowers with the seventh one being the center one, a giant garden, and a black roof. It is surrounded with various ponds with a water fountain at its center.

Small gusts of wind blew across the flower fields, pushing the grass around like a stormy sea and sending the flower petals into the air. Gevanni watched it with Izuna at his side.

A petal fell unto Izuna's nose. "Achoo!" 

"This is where we part ways, Hero Candidates. I take no offense if this came out rudely, but it's best for both of you to follow the instructions I gave. Unless you want to be arrested for disobeying the law—Even if you possessed powers that surpass ours." Jeanne explained as she and her troops went in the opposite direction.

Gevanni closed his eyes and looked rather peaceful, despite everything that happened against his will—feeling only the wind as it blew past him, and it seemed as though nothing changed since he last played Herscheim. The smell of the flowers was the same, the sunlight that beat down, and the sound of the wind blowing across the landscape.

Think nothing. Think of this world as Herscheim. My second Herscheim. My another chance.

"Gevanni." Izuna's voice suddenly brought Gevanni back to the present. He opened his eyes and turned to face her.

"What is it?"

"If you don't know what to do, you can ask me anytime." Izuna's eyes remained fixated to him.

Gevanni turned to the ground in thought, watching the waters around the castle rippled. "I-It's not like there's nothing for me that I can think of."

Izuna looked at Gevanni questioningly, "that doesn't sound you at all," and chuckled.  

"Hmpnh! Let's go meet that guy over there." Gevanni took the lead, and Izuna followed him shortly.

The architecture had a style like no other. It was heavily inspired by the Baroque period and boasted its sensuous richness and dramatic use of stained glass in its design.

As they about to take the last flight of the stairs, A middle-aged man pointed his cane to Gevanni and Izuna. "Welcome to Evanslei royal palace…" 

That man who is likely the ambassador that Jeanne mentioned earlier is the one who supposed to greet the newly summoned heroes—however, it became the opposite—his face turned into disgust. He stepped back as soon as he was alarmed by the small horns of Izuna and Gevanni's tail. "Ah! A demon!?"

"I don't care what kind of demons are to this world, but as you can see, do we even have the image of trashing this place?"

Gevanni condescendingly told him. Most of the visitors in that place were fixated to Gevanni and Izuna. They all had the same mental image of the demons from their world—in which they see no signs of it from Gevanni and Izuna due to their mostly human characteristics.

"Indeed. No, you all don't. Please pardon my rude behavior." The ambassador tapped his chest and regained his composure. 

At the same moment, a mysterious person descends. Their long snow-white hair gracefully swings in the air. 

"A butler? What's with that crystal thing floating over his head? No, maybe he's a woman? I can't tell." Gevanni murmured.

What makes him different from anyone else is that this unusual vibe of fear. To be precise—A real Demon. It's almost the same vibe when I first met Izuna. I don't know whether to be happy if one of my demon kin is here or be scared that I'm also a part of them.

Gevanni carefully analyzed the mysterious person.

"White-haired Rapunzel!" Izuna shouted. It made Gevanni nodded his face sideways. 

"It's really creeping me out when I know there's a 30-year-old inside you. Christmas Cake..." Gevanni jokingly said.

"That's rude!" Izuna stomped her feet.

"On your way to Advent Mogarellia, Professor?" The person who welcomed Gevanni and Izuna changed his tone. It's as if he feels secure.

"Feomi, I suppose you have to guide those nasty demons—Oh my, that slipped out. I mean, Hero candidates."

The professor bowed with a hint of hesitation to Gevanni and Izuna and left.

"Once again, I am Feomi Pencaster, head of the noble house of Pencaster. We are responsible for hero candidates from another world to settle quickly."

The ambassador explained. Feomi subtly guides the way inside the palace. Gevanni and Izuna followed him.

 

"I'm kind of thirsty. Aww. That trip is so long," Izuna commented as she gazed around the paintings above the ceiling.

"Is it plausible for you two to introduce yourselves? Formally?" Feomi stopped for a moment. In front of him is a large door filled with intricate decorations made of gold. 

This is a different world. If I let too much information about me, I'm sure it would backfire and perhaps attract those who are out for my blood. I hope Izuna is not that kind of idiot.

"Theo. Theo Ambrosia. A man who makes miracles." Gevanni replied naturally.

"As expected of an outsider. How strange yet magnificent name!" For a moment, Feomi smiled ironically—probably because of his beliefs that the cursed God Apocope only speak lies.  

Gevanni ends up pondering a certain point. There's been a thought smoldering inside him for a while now.

It seems our world's mythology is not well known in this fantasy world. Unless, in the history books of Earth that I know, I might be living in this world centuries after the Gods fought each other. 

Around the 17th-18th century, I assume.

Perhaps the mythology existed but only limited to certain countries?

Breaking Gevanni's immersion to his thoughts, "Are you sure you want to give them fake alias?" Izuna murmured

"I'll explain it later."

Feomi opened the door after Izuna used her real name and occupation.

"You may not believe me; I'm well versed with Trade Industry and, in fact, a founder in our world. Although, information exchange is what I do the most." Gevanni proudly claimed. 

Feomi gritted his teeth and let a short mental murmur, "tsk! Lies of a demon. There's no way you would step down from your job."

Gevanni discarded the visible change of Feomi's behavior. Izuna is still in awe about the art around her.

It sounds very professional, but in reality, it's just I spend a lot of time in an online community forum as admin.

"I see. You can remain your composure despite being a young adult. I feel glad that someone shares the same problems as I do." Feomi opened another door.

"Catering demanding and short-tempered clients is sure is exhausting, right?" Gevanni jokingly asked. Feomi laughed as well.

"Well, then. We'll proceed to the dining hall before we do the actual paperwork. After all, it would be a problem if someone were to pretend as you." 

As Feomi sarcastically pointed out, in the event what he declared became true, it would undoubtedly put Gevanni into shambles—at the hands of God killers that reside in Evanslei Kingdom. 

 

 

 

2