Chapter 3; Into The Other World!
254 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clouds were shaped like gears, spun slowly overhead, and some interlocked with other clouds to form intricate clockworks.  

Beyond the horizon, towering even the over the mountains, large beyond human perception was a floating mechanical castle.  

This can’t be real! I’m starting this day with a skydive!?

Suddenly appearing in the vast sky, Gevanni, who finally grasped the situation, shouted—skydiving without a parachute—A freefall. 

There was also a specific creature that had flown by him in the sky, a group of Dragons. No matter how many times he looked around, he was sure that this is no longer the Earth he knew. 

Eh? What’s with this super edgy looking tail!

Is what floats through Gevanni’s mind—having this tail is what made him worried the most. If this is truly the game he used to play—it’s different from his usual class—A Gunner main with Healer sub-class.

“If this is Herscheim, I’m sure I’ll only have a bit of fall damage.”

It took three seconds for him to be convinced of this. He tried his best to angle himself correctly for a safe landing. Even if he’s falling at frighteningly high speeds, he braced for impact as if this was the norm. 

"This is no different from diving! The only way to even fall faster is to do a somersault!"

Gevanni crashed into the summoning ritual—Everything ruptured for a moment as if it was an aftermath of a meteor impact—He quickly tumbles at the center of the tower. 

“Even if this is a game… I need to take care of my precious school uniform.”

As soon as Gevanni stood up and cleared the dust from his clothes—Group of old men prepared their stances. They are highly decorated with unique and fantastical garments. 

“Greater Protection from Outer Damage source!!!”

A female voice shouted in time. Every attack of the Old men were deflected from Gevanni and went back to its original caster. 

The Old men defended and chanted from another language. The magic attack dispersed quickly. Thus, creating a mist and covered the place.  

“Tch! Tch! I thought I’m going to die.”

Despite what happened, this is the least of Gevanni’s concerns. He reached for his phone at the back of his pants, only to be disappointed.

“Ah! My phone broke! Wait—Where is that chuuni!?”

Gevanni surely knew that the female voice who protected him was Izuna, but she is nowhere to be found.

“A D-Demon!?”

The old men said in unison. For renowned sages such as them, even the appearance of seventeen-year-old highschooler with an edgy tail scared them. The origins of their fear is still unknown to Gevanni and wondered what is going on here. Perhaps, Gevanni resembled the cursed God they resented the most.

As soon as the vision became clear, the old men immediately casts another barrage of spells.

“Binding of Dragon’s roar! Curse of the Banshee! Force Slave Contract!” 

Various energies unleashed all at once, taking the shape of an orange dragon, a disfigured marionette, and ethereal chains—surrounded Gevanni from all sides and violently rushed towards him. 

Before any single speck of magic touched Gevanni, dark red blobs of pulsing magic gathered at his back. 

A woman appeared—greatly resembling Izuna. Her hair is crimson red-to-white gradient. Her left eye filled with emptiness and had white-colored iris. Her right eye remained scarlet.  

“Don’t worry, Gevanni,” she assured.

She wore a dark violet dress attached with black laces and a set of grayish magenta-and dark pink plated armor that adorned her shoulders and waist. The dress is open at the back and the front having tights which exposed most of her skin—and a two-layered ankle-length skirt. 

“Don’t worry, my ass. You really did took your time to dress up for this.” 

Gevanni replied as soon as he heard the woman’s voice. He’s certain that the Izuna he’s talking to right now is her real form.

“How preposterous! That was our greatest magic.” The leader of the sages shouted towards Gevanni, but he paid no attention. 

There are no interfaces. No menu or any buttons. Is this a bug, or Izuna really transported me into a fantasy world?

The rest of the old men analyzed the difference between Izuna and Gevanni. Izuna had stable and condensed mana as seen from her aura, unlike Gevanni, who radiates with energies tinted with old-blood that spurted around him. 

“We’re saved. That young girl is a hero!”

Even at that immense confusion at the scene, the old sages found a moment of relief. Their eyes are fixated to Izuna as if they were waiting to be saved.

What happened to her horns? Did she throw her race away and transferred it to me?

Izuna’s horn is slimmer compared to the horns she had from the modern world.

“That demon! That cursed demon! It’s Apocope! Please save us, Hero!” Two of the old sages approached and begged to Izuna.

“How dumb can you be to say that in front of me?” Gevanni mockingly said.

The old sages pretended as if he never heard what Gevanni said. As soon as they were about to hold Izuna’s hands, she brushed it off and went in front of Gevanni—spreading her arms full with the intention of protecting Gevanni instead of the old sages.

“Why are you protecting him, Hero!?”

What seemed to be relief became grief and turned into anger—completely changing their faces as if innocent, fragile puppies into enraged demonic beasts—far more terrifying than real demons. 

“I brought him with me. He’s my partner.” Izuna insisted. 

“If that’s how you treat beings from another world…” Gevanni abruptly said as he approached the old sages.

“CURSE YOU, APOCOPE!!!” All of the old men shouted as their faces became more twisted.

A magical barrier was erected and made everything inside it, diluted and slowed time except for one person. 

Izuna extended her right arm—unsheathing the ethereal air from her weapons—revealing the true form of her weapons. 

On her right hand, she holds a four-handed silver-white zweihaender sword with golden accents and with the name ‘Lumentoria Atrax’ from lost language engraved on it. She carries it as if it weighs like a broomstick. On her left hand, she holds a percussion lock musket dyed in pitch-black with crimson accents that go down the sides and have one straight gold line with another crimson line snaking around it. 

She slowly hovered the sword on top of the gun as if she was playing a violin.

“Ninth movement of Heliastasis.” 

Temporarily growing her horns, Izuna murmured and cast the magic that completely exhausted her mana pool while revealing the magic circles that are five times layered on top of each other around her—that was invisible earlier. 

Trail of magical energies enveloped both Izuna and her weapons, and she released a burst of purple energy in varying sizes. 

 

 

6