Chapter 29. Game with bells and 29 knives.
634 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

23.01.0063

06:00

A new day has come. I woke up and the sun hadn't risen yet, so Anko was probably still sleeping. By the way, yesterday she told me that she would come to watch the test conducted by Yuhi for her team of genin. I wonder how Kiba, Sakura and Hinata will react to their flirting.

Although I could eat breakfast because I remember what Team 7's test would be like, it wouldn't be fair to my teammates, and besides, I might not eat human food at all, using mana instead.

When I arrived, Naruto and Sasuke were also there. Naruto yawned heavily and looked like a zombie. While they stood there, I took a pillow from my backpack and lay down on a tree branch nearby to complete my sleep. I didn’t go to bed on the softer grass because in the morning it was still wet and it was dangerous to sleep on the ground.  A few minutes later Naruto also fell asleep sitting up.

It was 8 am and our Sensei finally arrived. I felt his presence, so I woke up, quietly put the pillow in my inventory and walked over to the other two team members, stretching to shake off my muscles. At this time, Naruto shouted to Kakashi that he was late. But he had a reliable excuse that a black cat crossed his path and he had to go around. Then he said that we need to take the bell from him before noon, otherwise we will not get lunch and will return to the Academy. Naruto and Sasuke finally found out the real reason why they didn't have to eat breakfast.

Kakashi angered Naruto by saying that he was a loser, and he furiously attacked. This attempt immediately failed due to the fact that the sensei pointed Naruto's own kunai at him. Then he released him and finally gave the signal to start the battle.

I and Sasuke, disappeared into the foliage, while Naruto again ran head-on towards Sensei. Kakashi began to anger him again, this time taking out his forbidden book and starting to read it. Naruto's blow naturally hit nothing but air, and the white-haired jounin ended up behind him. Kakashi performed his secret move "A Thousand Years of Pain" by clasping his two hands together and extending two fingers forward. The penetration was successful. Naruto went limp and successfully flew into the sea, as they say, “Five minutes is a normal flight.”

To help Naruto a little, I decided to temporarily distract Kakashi by fighting me and also grab one of the bells. To do this, before the attack, I wrote on a piece of paper the rune of Creating an exact copy of the bell.

I quickly emerged from the shadows behind him and grabbed his book, placing it in my coat pocket. He noticed me and quickly turned around with a surprised expression on his face. In a few seconds, I performed several non-lethal blows on his arms, relaxing the muscles there. Next, I placed a piece of paper on my tanto knife(black, blade length 15 cm) and waved it at the place where the bells hung. One bell was cut off and replaced with a fake one due to the paper already falling apart.

Kakashi, of course, didn't notice anything due to the distraction of his blocked hands and the illusion of invisibility cast on the bell I cut off. I completed my goal and Naruto was just about to attack from under the water, so I quickly moved to cover through the shadows.

Naruto began his new attack attempt by throwing two shuriken at his sensei, but unlike canon his arms were now incapacitated so he simply dodged. Then Naruto himself jumped out of the water along with a bunch of his clones. One of the clones snuck behind Kakashi and grabbed him so the others could attack. I don't understand why Naruto targeted the jonin instead of using surprise to grab the bell.

By the way, Naruto really would have been able to hit the sensei if the effect of my attack had not been short-lived. As a result, Kakashi managed to use the art of substitution and Naruto beat himself.

Then Naruto noticed a bell lying near a tree, he thought that his sensei had accidentally left it when he ran away, but it seemed like a trap. Naruto hung upside down from the tree, watching as Kakashi approached him and took the precious bell.

While Kakashi was telling Naruto to be more careful and not fall into traps, Sasuke thought that the sensei was distracted and this was the perfect opportunity to attack him. He threw 29 kunai and shuriken, but they all hit the log due to the jonin using a substitution technique. Due to the failed attack, Sasuke began to quickly run away from Kakashi. The genin's speed was significantly less than the White Fang of Konoha, so Sasuke reached a clearing where he had set many traps and decided to face the enemy there.

Before the start of the fight, Sasuke again spoke about his superiority and that he was not as careless as Naruto and not as cowardly as Aika, who ran away from the fight a couple of seconds after it began. His words annoyed me, but since now there is no time for this and he is my teammate, I thought I would troll him a little later, for example, with a cake in the face, glue on the handle of a kunai, or maybe put a phallic object in the bed in front of his face.

If someone tells you that I am very vindictive, then do not believe these people, they are lying. By the way, if you don't mind telling me who these people are, they're going to have a very fun morning, nyahaha.

First, Sasuke threw several shuriken at Kakashi, then activated a trap that releases even more shuriken into the place where the sensei dodged. He easily dodged all these attacks and do you know what Sasuke did next? That's right, he threw more bladed weapons at Kakashi. It begins to seem to me that he is an aichmomaniac (a very great love for sharp objects). It seemed his little brain had finally gotten the idea that ranged attacks were useless, so he attacked with taijutsu. Sasuke kicked with one leg, right arm and the other leg. Kakashi blocked it all and the genin found himself upside down, in a convenient position to receive the bell.

I remember that in the canon he almost managed to reach the target, but the sensei reacted in time by jumping back. I decided to help him a little, so I jumped out of the shadows behind Kakashi and lightly pushed the bell with my finger so Sasuke could grab it. Finally, I grinned in his face and disappeared into the shadows. Kakashi thought that Sasuke failed to grab the bell because of my illusion. Unfortunately, I wasn't skilled enough to make a tangible illusion yet, so I couldn't do more interesting tricks.

Sasuke, of course, didn't want to reveal ahead of time to Kakashi that he had received the bell, so he quietly put it in his ninja bag. Then he used the fire breathing technique, and the sensei responded with the underground beheading technique. While Kakashi taught his genin, I went to Naruto.

When I arrived at the place, I saw that Naruto was still hanging, tied to a spruce branch.

“Hello Naruto, nya! Looks like you changed your tree trap, nya?” – I said, slowly approaching to the tree.

“Aika, no, I mean, I freed myself from one trap, but the cunning Kakashi set another trap here, into which I fell.” – he tried to hide his inattention.

“Really, Kakashi is that bad. But look what I have, nya.” – I said sarcastically.

“If you can get out of the trap on your own, then I, as a good teammate, will give it to you, nya.” – I said, ringing the bell in front of him.

“This is true?” – Naruto asked incredulously.

“Of course, I never lie, nya.” – I assured him.

The boy immediately began trying to pull himself up to cut off the rope with a kunai. With one leg tied it was more difficult than with two, but after 10 minutes he still managed to free himself.

He plopped down on the ground and I put a bell in his hand.

“Here is your reward for your efforts, for now hide it in your pocket and don’t show it. Now let's wait for the others, the test time is almost over, nya.” – I said, walking up to the wooden posts with the alarm clock.

After a couple of tens of minutes, Sasuke was able to get out of the ground, but he did not have time for another attempt to attack the sensei, due to the fact that the bell had already rung. He arrived at the designated place at the same time as Kakashi, who had not been here earlier because he was reading his book.

“So, my solution: you all failed except Aika, who helped give Naruto more time to prepare his attack. For graduate level, this was a good level of teamwork. Yes, you heard right. I assessed your academic performance by your teamwork, thanks to which you could get bells, but Sasuke abandoned Naruto and, after an unsuccessful attack, ran far away from his teammates into the forest, and Naruto rushed head-on without coordinating plans. As a result, you failed to get the bells.” – Kakashi said his opinion about us.

“Wait sensei, are you sure that we failed to get the bells, nya?” – I said confidently.

“Of course, here they are in my...” – he stopped talking because the bells he took out quickly began to crumble due to my darkness magic.

“You probably realized that these were not real bells. Now let's get some real bells out, nya.” – me, Naruto and Sasuke each raised one bell, which made the sensei look stunned.

“Nyahaha, oops. Looks like we have three bells, but the problem is that only two have ever been real, so let's play a guessing game. Whoever wins will get a good prize, nya.” – I said, looking at the others with a mischievous smile. Now Kakashi was not the only one who was stunned, because I pranked my teammates too.

Sasuke replied that Naruto had the fake bell, Kakashi said it was Sasuke, and Naruto pointed at me. I think that Naruto made this choice because of his instincts and the fact that I had previously given him my bell, Kakashi because he did not see me meeting Sasuke after they started catching up, and Sasuke thought that I only helped a strong ally, namely to him.

“What a shame, I lost. Now, sensei, will your verdict change, nya?” – I said, smiling innocently at him.

“Ahem, it looks like Aika was able to somehow solve your problem with teamwork and somehow unite you. I hope that after a few missions you will be able to understand the importance of teamwork without Aika's help. So, you've passed my test.” – Kakashi managed to quickly return the mask of a stoic jounin to his face.

“Okay, now as I promised, Naruto will receive his reward for winning the guessing game. We're going to Ramen Ichiraku, nya. The others can join us too, but I will only pay for Naruto.” – I said as I left the training field.

We quickly made it to the diner and sat down on the chairs. Only Kakashi came with us. Sasuke refused, due to the fact that he couldn't waste his time on such trifles when he could use it to be even more angry with Itachi. Inside the building were small wooden chairs, a red counter where an elderly Teuchi worked his ramen magic, and the whole thing was illuminated by a warm yellow light.

I ordered curry rice with fried shrimp, Naruto had his favorite chicken ramen, and Kakashi had vegetable ramen.

Ten minutes later we received hot and delicious-smelling dishes. By the way, I asked for a larger portion, so there were 29 shrimp on my plate. My rice was not overcooked or hard, each shrimp had a crispy golden crust underneath which was tender juicy meat and it all had a slight spicy aftertaste from the curry.

Naruto ate a lot of ramen, so I spent 10,000 rye. After that we said goodbye and went home.

Spoiler

I hope you liked this chapter and those who want to read more chapters can join my patreon patreon.com/user?u=98463626. I also express my deep gratitude to my subscriber RulySol. With this I say goodbye to you and we will meet again in the next chapter, nya!

[collapse]
14